Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,932 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,857
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » The Warcraft Movie Lands a Director: Filming Begins This Year

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
48 posts found
  Ambros123

Novice Member

1/31/13 8:44:40 AM#41
Originally posted by Scottgun
Originally posted by Razperil
Originally posted by Rayshe
I'm kinda sad since there are much better IP's that could become movies. Oh well Fanboys just soiled their underwear with this announcement so atleast it benefits someone.

I completely agree. There are way better IP's out there.

Yep. And Blizzard is sitting on one: Startcraft would be much better than Warcraft

I agree.  I always was much more enticed with the SC lore that WC .  Not to mention SC might have a much wider audiance.  Mention SC and people might listen to you about the game, mention WC and watch them slowly back away from you.  OR Diablo for that matter, I love stuff evolving around demons in a theological sense. 

I just dread that people wil go see the movie in their BlizzCon outfits.  Never understand those people.

spankybus

Apprentice Member

"Don''t touch that squirrel''s nuts!" - Willy Wonka

1/31/13 1:38:08 PM#42
Originally posted by Vesavius
Originally posted by spankybus
There is absolutely no way this movie will not win every Oscar for 2015....

The talent involved so far is pretty respectable. While it may not be Oscar material there is no reason to think at this point that it won't be good.

There is absolutely no reason for this film to exist. There is no amazing story taking place within WoW that much be conveyed on the big screen. Most of e time the story elements just feel tacked on to facilitate players sticking around longer. 

This is nothing more than a cash grab. A way to convert the popularity of yet another franchise into cash...usually at the expense of that franshice's credibility. 

Splinter cell has an interesting main character with some very interesting skills and a host of  interesting stories to draw upon....or they can simply use Sam 's world and create a new story. Assasin's Creed also has a very interesting story to it, and again, an interesting main character. They may also be cash grabs but I see far more potential in their perspective movie adaptations.

Wow is a massive universe...how to you focus on story on such a grand scale? It would be like  writing a story about earth....way to much material to draw from and  most people only know or care about a VERY small part of it.

Here is hoping....but I am not very optimistic on this one.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

Cod_Eye

Hard Core Member

2/01/13 3:14:10 AM#43

Lets not have his dad doing the opening music score, I don't think this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o would go down to well. LOL

That song was one of the most hated songs by Bowie fans on release, yet strangely it was one of the most requested when Bowie asked fans which song they would like to be played, un-suprisingly Bowie refused to sing it.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/01/13 4:09:42 AM#44
Cod, can't play at work, is it laughing gnome?

That's just how we are in UK, was some poll for greatest bowie song or something and lots if people voted for the gnome song for a laugh.

Anyway theme should be: the man who sold the world (of warcraft)
  Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

2/01/13 4:59:47 AM#45
Originally posted by spookydom
This is old news! When is somebvody going to make a movie of the computer game IP we want to see the most? http://www.farming-simulator.com/

I guess the most wanted movie based on a video game would be PONG.

No other game has such a tradition and got young and old to play for 40 years now.

WoW can't beat that.

Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

2/01/13 5:01:29 AM#46
Originally posted by Sasami

I would be suprised if

-Main character wasn't human

-There wouldn't be any corny jokes of gnomes and undeads

-There isn't dungeon where group of heroes are going to find some crazy thing

-There wouldn't be common enemy that causes both sides to work together

If the movie is really close to the game it'll be a movie about reputation- and token grinding.

Isawa

Novice Member

2/01/13 5:07:13 AM#47
Hey, Uwe Boll didn't get his filthy hands on this, so there is hope it will be decent :D
  Cod_Eye

Hard Core Member

2/01/13 5:26:37 AM#48
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Cod, can't play at work, is it laughing gnome?

That's just how we are in UK, was some poll for greatest bowie song or something and lots if people voted for the gnome song for a laugh.

Anyway theme should be: the man who sold the world (of warcraft)

Yep, how you guess? lol

I can think of a few more Bowie tracks that could fit the theme.

1. Where have all the good times.

2. Golden years

3. Never get old

4. Jump they say.

5. Real cool world

6. Absolute beginners.

7. Its no game

8. Scary monsters

My compilation of Bowie tracks to fit the WoW movie soundtrack. ;)

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search