Trending Games | Trove | Darkest Dungeon | Elder Scrolls Online | Skyforge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,771,141 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,121
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Warglaive RL Comparable Weapons.

7 posts found
  Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

OP  1/25/13 5:13:03 AM#1

I have to say the azzinoth warglaives are my favorite weapons in any video game to date, Which makes me wonder where the inspiration for these wonderfull weapons came from.

I think To look at them it would be reasonable to assume an exotic or Asian influence.

So my question is: Does anyone know any real life weapons that look similar?
If so i would love to read up on the weapons history.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

dimnikar

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:23:18 AM#2
I named my cat after Illidan, and it's dying of leucosis now :(

http://lyrics.iztok.org/verse/Lynyrd_Skynyrd/Simple_Man/80615

Nitth

Elite Member

OP  1/25/13 5:25:26 AM#3

Originally posted by dimnikar
I named my cat after Illidan, and it's dying of leucosis now :(

:(

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Panthien

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:26:35 AM#4

Best I can think of is a katar like weapon, but other then fan-lore RL something its unlikely something like that would have been created considering its very very unpractical.

A 2h variant on the otherhand.. better known from a Tv series that broadcasted singe 1966.. The Bath Leth. which is based on an actual sword (  Heaven and Earth Sword,)  , with an argueble more ergonimic design.

Nitth

Elite Member

OP  1/25/13 5:34:54 AM#5

Originally posted by Panthien
Best I can think of is a katar like weapon, but other then fan-lore RL something its unlikely something like that would have been created considering its very very unpractical.

Actually having a quick flash back to the tv show "Xena", Ringed weapons have been used in history maybe not quite a wargliave but it seemshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_and_fire_wheels are used in Chinese marshal arts. So practicality would only be an issue of appropriate size?

A 2h variant on the otherhand.. better known from a Tv series that broadcasted singe 1966.. The Bath Leth. which is based on an actual sword (  Heaven and Earth Sword,)  , with an argueble more ergonimic design.

I actually had to look that up because ive never heard of Heaven and Earth, Yeah that does look comparable.

Thanks for the links, Going to have a bit more of a read on that 2h.

dinams

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:35:16 AM#6

The warglaives are a fist weapon

I can see inspiration ranging from Tonfas to certain fighting style with daggers and those circle bladed weapons 

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Nitth

Elite Member

OP  1/25/13 5:38:18 AM#7

Originally posted by dinams
The warglaives are a fist weapon

I can see inspiration ranging from Tonfas to certain fighting style with daggers and those circle bladed weapons 

In the game there itemized as swords, But a fist weapon does look plausible. Infact I
Did a quick google search for Tonfas and the way they are held is very similar to how the fictional warglaive is.