Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,045 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,683
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Was going to start WoW again.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
25 posts found
  Thelow

Novice Member

OP  1/06/13 1:13:50 PM#1

Until I logged in to my character and saw empty orgrimmar. Only 5% server population is on horde side. 

Migrating my 4 85lvl's would cost 80euros.. 

Is there any way to get my gold to another server? 

Does cross realm heirloom sending yet still exists?

with my gold I could start from begining on another realm

helthros

Advanced Member

1/06/13 1:19:06 PM#2
Put all your gold on one character and send him over? I forgot how WoW transfers work.
  zomard100

Apprentice Member

1/06/13 1:22:30 PM#3
No, you must transfer at least one character with gold
  Thelow

Novice Member

OP  1/06/13 1:33:21 PM#4

mm yeah, but 55 euros for starting WoW, next month 70euros after paying sub next month..Maybe I will stick with GW 2 

Ofc its not MUST to transfer, but all friends and guild is gone

nukempro

Novice Member

1/07/13 10:08:28 AM#5
With the way WOW is going, you are better off spending your money on a bottle of Jergens and a case of tissues.
  Aelious

Advanced Member

World > Quest Progression

1/07/13 9:13:46 PM#6
That seems strange OP that the balance would be that out of whack. There is cross realm zoning now in 20-85 areas according to sever type (PvP, RP, etc.) so you may head out to areas that you need to and see what the population looks like. You can also get invited into a group from your friends list and be on thier server.
  Thelow

Novice Member

OP  1/08/13 10:06:51 AM#7
Orgrimmar was deserted and AH was quite empty
  Pouf

Novice Member

----
How can you kill someone who has no life?
---

1/08/13 10:09:56 AM#8
What server is it? I'm kinda surprise but yea, put all your gold on one char then transfer
  bizoux86

Novice Member

1/08/13 10:20:06 AM#9
I would say put all your gold onto your favorite character and just transfer them. There are absolutely servers out there with enormous populations, I usually see hundreds of people in Orgrimmar during peak hours! 
  FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

1/08/13 10:48:50 AM#10

The game has way too many dead servers that they refuse to merge.  I think they love the income from character xfers.

Just put all your gold and heirlooms on your main and xfer them.

Wicoa

Advanced Member

1/08/13 10:50:23 AM#11

Find a busy server and start a new project its what I do alot of the time.  I refuse to pay the xfer costs.

Unless your in the top 0.5% of raiding guilds there is no point in paying anyway.

Everket

Novice Member

1/08/13 7:23:46 PM#12

Trollbane has been completely dead since I last played, maybe 2 years ago. There was maybe a handful of ally people online on average - the horde side was no better afaik. How do I know this? Well I still kept contact with many players in the guild even though I stopped playing, I also read the forums a lot. And nothing, nothing every happens. Its a damn shame blizzard refuse to do anything about dead servers like that, they are indirectly forcing you to either start over on a different server, which is bullshit for most players, seeing as they can have up to 10 level 85-90 on their now dead server, or spend a LOT of real money to transfer them.

At least they could offer to move all your characters for that outrageous fee they claim for one character transfer.

It boogles the mind why they refuse to do anything, its not like this is something that happened recently, its been YEARS. Yes MOPdid make a few come back, but the server is still in piss poor shape, and it only gets worse every month. And there are many servers like this, its crazy unfair, and I wish more people would pay attention and pressure blizzard into taking action. Its just unacceptable and disgraceful, but people dont care as long as they are not the ones left alone.

asmkm22

Elite Member

1/08/13 7:26:23 PM#13
This sounds like hyperbole.  I don't think there's any server with faction balances that bad anymore.

You make me like charity

Everket

Novice Member

1/08/13 7:27:29 PM#14
Feel free to look it up, cataclysm was catastrophic for trollbane, and I would not be surprised to see the same low number a few months into MOP.
  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

1/08/13 7:34:29 PM#15

I would rather wait till free realm merge offers get people to your realm or to move to next one, then pay.
I find it way too much, better to start new char for fun or not even pay sub until they fix it (like I do now by checking realm with new starter account, free to use).

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

dcrose01

Apprentice Member

1/08/13 7:36:11 PM#16

You could always just delete a fail game and find something ACTUALLY good. For instance, AoC, or pretty much anything not made by Blizz or EA.

Shadoed

Hard Core Member

1/09/13 5:42:06 PM#17
Originally posted by dcrose01

You could always just delete a fail game and find something ACTUALLY good. For instance, AoC, or pretty much anything not made by Blizz or EA.

Lol, cheers, i needed a laugh to day.

OP, there is also the option of just starting new chars of course on another server. Money wise the run from 85-90 when you get to it will build a fair amount of cash and when you hit 90, with not a huge effort if you know the mechanincs of the AH already, a couple to several thousand gold a day is easily achievable.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

rojo6934

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

1/09/13 5:49:48 PM#18
Originally posted by Thelow

mm yeah, but 55 euros for starting WoW, next month 70euros after paying sub next month..Maybe I will stick with GW 2 

Ofc its not MUST to transfer, but all friends and guild is gone

even transfering 1 character is more expensive than a month subscription. I just forgot about my lvl 85s and all my gold in my old inbalanced server. Started from scratch in a different (and population balanced) server and making money is hell fast. I refuse to transfer my 2 lvl 85s to the new server unless Blizzard makes a special offer. The good thing is that in my new server i still can share the mounts, pets, and titles from my high lvls on other servers.

"in peace, in sleep under the barren, abandoned soil"

nukempro

Novice Member

1/14/13 2:41:58 PM#19

I recently came back to wow...I Played cata but not very much...I basically lvld my main to 85..ran a few dungeons/bgs and quit till a week ago. Since coming back I have noticed my server Bonechewer is way way more empty then before...it's not dead just noticably emptier. I was thinking of xferinng...however Im not sure I see the point...LFR/LFD...BG ques...Arenas...and even scenario I assume..hell even the pve challenge arena in org...it's all cross-realm...what does it matter if your server is empty these days?

Muke

Elite Member

1/14/13 2:44:38 PM#20
Originally posted by Thelow

Until I logged in to my character and saw empty orgrimmar. Only 5% server population is on horde side. 

Migrating my 4 85lvl's would cost 80euros.. 

Is there any way to get my gold to another server? 

Does cross realm heirloom sending yet still exists?

with my gold I could start from begining on another realm

strange, whenever I reactivated WOW, eve for 1 month, Stormwind & Orgy were always crowded.....at all times.

Of course they just stood there AFK showboating their armor and waiting for dungeons/raids to pop up, but still: they were there.....whatever server I visited.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

2 Pages 1 2 » Search