Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | The Crew | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,920 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,271
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Everyone should play WoW

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  mindw0rk

Apprentice Member

12/14/12 9:12:55 PM#21
I played since closed US beta up to Cataclysm. Thx, but I'll pass, enuff WoW for me
  Banaghran

Novice Member

12/15/12 4:50:24 AM#22
Originally posted by strangiato2112
Originally posted by Banaghran
Originally posted by strangiato2112
Originally posted by Banaghran

Varied classes and many ways to play the game... spilled my coffee...

This is true though.

What is?

Flame on!

:)

Well for one, of the games that try to balance PvP and PvE it does it the best.  Yes, the PvP is subpar compared to pure PvP games, but its the best battleground-style PvP on the market, and it also has the arena PvP.  It is the only game that has raiding for super-casuals, it also has regular raiding and hardcore raiding.  You can do the daily thing if you really want, or you can do the dungeon grind thing if you want, or you can just play pokemon all day (which is way more fleshed out than anyone would have expected).  The low level dungeons have short queues unlike any other game as lots of people like to level alts through them, and the same as true for battlegrounds.

And as for the classes, there are basically 28 different classes.  While a game like Rift may have more ways to build an ability set, half of its classes are reliant on the same mechanic (combo points), WoW has a wide assortment of mechanics, and no two secs play the same. Its far from the best on the market, but its above average.

Note that we are talking about variability, yet you exclusively mention bgs (and arena) and dungeons (and raids). At which anvil do i craft my tier set?

Note that while there maybe are 28 skillsets, all of them are expected to choose from 3 playstyles (tank, healer, dps) AND are expected to perform 95% interchangeably, so everyone has some aoe, everyone has some interrupt, everyone has som defense cooldown, everyone has some buff. As someone put it in an other thread :

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't care if I'm the shoe, the hat, or the iron in Monopoly.

And lets not even mention magic damage dealing self healing meelee with ranged skills plate wearers :)

Noone is denying wow its success, strengths or achievment, but the things we are talking about are NOT part of them.

Flame on!

:)

jpnz

Elite Member

12/15/12 4:53:12 AM#23

WoW is the first MMO for the majority of MMO players right now.

I enjoyed my time but I no longer play.

Why? Cause the story / lore just lost me in Wrath.

As someone who loves a good story, WoW doesn't deliver anymore.

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Sukiyaki

Elite Member

12/15/12 5:11:19 AM#24
Originally posted by banzai014

I regret WoW not being my first MMO. I feel that WoW has made a whole generation of gamers more savvy about how they spend their money on particularly P2P MMOs. I got burned hard on The Secret World as my first. I would not have subbed a single month in The Secret World if I knew how many features WoW had. 

From playing WoW, gamers have come to expect from their MMOs:

• Deep and varied classes and  having many ways to play the game.
  • Being able to level through PvP, through instances via dungeon finder and,even via traditional questing being able to pick a different side and many different zones to level in.
  • Achievements, collecting pets and mounts, plenty of appearance customization. Real ways to define your character where your personalized avatar shows up alongside your forum name and you can even order a FigurePrint mould of your toon.
  • Where the level of mod support is so great that you can completely change how the game looks and feels via addons and macros.
  • A smooth lag-free loading-free gaming experience.
  • A massive world to lose oneself in which everything seems possible: where one moment you're riding the carousel in Darkmoon Faire as a dwarf rides past on a reindeer, and the next you're participating in a full-scale battle between undead and a knightly order (in the Death Knight opening sequence).

True, not all those features were in the game at the beginning. But that's what make WoW great and a true MMO. It keeps on evolving and adapting, growing with each expansion and listening to the community to add new features. Because that's what makes a MMO a living breathing world - its community ; the players - all 10 million of them.

Everyone should play WoW at least once, to learn what to expect from a top-tier MMO. If they use WoW as a stepping stone to other MMOs and find one they like then my congratulations - it must be a great game indeed and I hope you tell what you found to the world.

Too bad you can't find any of that in WoW or is hardly any better than generic MMO X (if at all). And drooling over superficialities like XP for instanced zerg wont make it much better. Counting grasshalms in three different hues just doesnt add to gameplay, nor increase variety or depth, just because it gives XP and epic rewards. It just the usual shallow grind WoW is known for.

You went little overboard with the lipstick on the cold bacon.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search