Trending Games | ArcheAge | Rift | World of Warcraft | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,996 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,547
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » What keeps you playing?

7 posts found
  Axehandle

Novice Member

OP  12/02/12 6:38:42 PM#1

As one of the former players to quit and never go back I'm always a little puzzled why players can't seem to leave wow behind. I enjoyed my time there but that's over now. I know many still enjoy the game and this is not a criticism of you if you like it. It's a fun game and I can appreciate the things blizzard did well. But what keeps you playing wow?

Ive tried to be as broad as I can with poll choices but I have absolutely no doubt the shoe just won't fit someone that will chime in with criticism of the polling options.

What keeps you playing wow?

Still enjoy playing it
Playing with friends
Loyalty to characters
Loyalty to Blizzard
Great content
Nothing else better out there
Boredom
Other (please specify)
(login to vote)

Express your opinion

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371172/Poll-Most-hated-MMORPG.html

angerbeaver

Hard Core Member

Games Played:Ultima OnlineRappelzLOTROWoWGWGW2SWTOR

12/02/12 6:41:26 PM#2
I have quit now, but I was bored of the game for a while and kept playing because my co-workers were still playing. Once they stopped, I stopped.
kryles Xfire Miniprofile
  TrainerMHS

Advanced Member

12/02/12 6:41:56 PM#3
I play with friends to casual pvp, do 5mans, and casually raid 10man. The LFR tool helps now with that, and it's fun to go back into the older raids with people, not look at strats for fights, and just have fun.

klerken

Apprentice Member

12/02/12 6:48:24 PM#4

I've just stopped playing yet again :)

i voted Other, i guess the reason i keep going back to wow regularly, is partly because of the time i've spent on my chars, but mostly because i feel its the one Themepark MMO which won't go away any time soon, so the progress i make somehow has more value than the progress i do in others (GW2, LotR, AoC, SWToR and others) since whatever i do, still benefits me when i go back the next time.

Axehandle

Novice Member

OP  12/03/12 11:19:35 AM#5
Originally posted by klerken

i voted Other, i guess the reason i keep going back to wow regularly, is partly because of the time i've spent on my chars, but mostly because i feel its the one Themepark MMO which won't go away any time soon, so the progress i make somehow has more value than the progress i do in others (GW2, LotR, AoC, SWToR and others) since whatever i do, still benefits me when i go back the next time.

It doesn't sound like you stop playing completely but rather take breaks between content. Still it sounds like you still enjoy playing and feel a strong loyalty to your characters.

Express your opinion

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371172/Poll-Most-hated-MMORPG.html

RandomDown

Novice Member

12/03/12 11:28:12 AM#6
Originally posted by Axehandle
Originally posted by klerken

It doesn't sound like you stop playing completely but rather take breaks between content. Still it sounds like you still enjoy playing and feel a strong loyalty to your characters.

Thats actually a very common reason people continue to play WoW. Im not saying its bad or anything, but it seems to be people feel they've already invested too much time into the character, and it would be foolish to stop playing now since the time would be "wasted" if they did.

BabyChooChoo

Novice Member

12/03/12 11:35:21 AM#7

I've been trying to get a drop from Karazhan for months now, but the universe hates me so I refuse to quit until I get the drop.

...that and I still think it's a fun game. Aside from Outland, i feel a lot of the game holds up pretty well. Well enough to suit my tastes anyway.