Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | ArcheAge | H1Z1

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,002 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,506
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Will WoW ever get a graphics update? It needs one

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
74 posts found
  Hurvart

Novice Member

10/09/12 8:21:41 PM#61

They already have newer character models. Like the goblin. Even blood elf look better if you compare it to the first races that was part of vanilla.

I believe the graphics are already improved enough to make more detailed less blocky character models possible. Higher quality and more detail can still continue to be the same original art style. IMO, they just need to do it.

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

10/09/12 9:21:13 PM#62
Originally posted by Nadia
Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
Originally posted by DavisFlight

WoW doesn't have anything in it that isn't done better by another game.

WoW does transmogrification better than any other game. They have so many armor sets that it works perfect for them and gives players a great reason to do the old raids.

wow has a great variety of armor choices - true

but the method of appearance gear  (transmogrification) is less intuitive than other mmos with that feature

(EQ2, LOTRO, RIFT)

in other mmos, you have appearance gear slots to determine your looks

no need to visit some npc and/or pay a fee

I disagree. Many WoW players had kept their old armor sets that they were very proud of in their storage. Transmogrification allows them to wear that armor that they worked hard to get.  

I see several games with Apearance gear. You go to the vender or the ingame cash shop and buy it. But WoW is the only game with transmogrification. Where you can change the apearance of your current gear to look like the gear that you had to go into a dungeon or raid and aquire.

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

10/09/12 9:37:33 PM#63

WoW does transmogrification better than any other game. They have so many armor sets that it works perfect for them and gives players a great reason to do the old raids.

but the method of appearance gear  (transmogrification) is less intuitive than other mmos with that feature

(EQ2, LOTRO, RIFT)

I disagree. Many WoW players had kept their old armor sets that they were very proud of in their storage. Transmogrification allows them to wear that armor that they worked hard to get.  

I see several games with Apearance gear. You go to the vender or the ingame cash shop and buy it. But WoW is the only game with transmogrification. Where you can change the apearance of your current gear to look like the gear that you had to go into a dungeon or raid and aquire.

Anarchy Online, LotRO, EQ2, Rift, etc. make it very easy to look how you want with an appearance tab. Blizzard, ironically since they're the poster child for so-easy-a-child-could do-it-and-children-in-fact-do, had to make something simple a complicated chore.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

TheHavok

Apprentice Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

10/09/12 9:55:18 PM#64
Originally posted by Ausare
Blizzard is more worried about fluid animations than gimmick personalizations.

I agree with this for the most part.  WoW's controls are the smoothest of all mmorpgs with the third person/W,A,S,D type mechanics.  GW2 is definitely great, much better then swtor, warhammer, and Aion, but they are still not at the same level of WoW.

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

10/09/12 10:04:00 PM#65
Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

(EQ2, LOTRO, RIFT)

Anarchy Online, LotRO, EQ2, Rift, etc. make it very easy to look how you want with an appearance tab. Blizzard, ironically since they're the poster child for so-easy-a-child-could do-it-and-children-in-fact-do, had to make something simple a complicated chore.

Appearance gear is you paying money in a cash shop or to a vender and buy gear.

Appearance gear may be great for other games but Transmogrification is perfect for WoW. Way to many players had their old armor sets in their banks collecting dusts and Transmogrification rewards them with the ability to wear that gear again with the stats of their current gear.

Nadia

Elite Member

10/09/12 10:12:17 PM#66

Appearance gear may be great for other games but Transmogrification is perfect for WoW. Way to many players had their old armor sets in their banks collecting dusts and Transmogrification rewards them with the ability to wear that gear again with the stats of their current gear.

same applies for other mmos

Appearance slots allows you to wear whatever gear you like

- including old armor sets, old quest gear

as i mentioned earlier, RIFT has no cash shop

i was constantly reviewing my quest rewards for "looks"

to decide if i wanted the quest gear shown on my character or not

sumfool

Novice Member

"you dirty rat"

10/10/12 5:18:25 AM#67

wow looks so fugly lol

its funny people pay for that crap when games like tera online and secret world are around looking so much nicer 

InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

10/10/12 5:23:32 AM#68
It can be done but that would require alot of work to their engine. I think they'd like to spend that time on their new mmoprg "Titan".

GrayImpact

Hard Core Member

10/10/12 5:24:10 AM#69

I quit Wow after my first 85 because i was just bored of it, but i still think it looks good til this day :/ stop worrying about graphics and enjoy the well done aesthetics and gameplay.

If it bugs you that much, move on, the games old...

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

10/10/12 1:11:22 PM#70
Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

(EQ2, LOTRO, RIFT)

You need to play more mmos.

Anarchy Online - have ingame armor or clothing you like the look of and don't want to change because you found something better? Two seconds to put the armor you like in your appearance slot and go.

EQ2? Same thing.

No vendor, no cash shop, no having to run to the nearest transmog station, or anything else needed.

And now you have the appearance of your old gear with the stats of the new.

Oh, and loot a really nice looking piece of armor with the wrong stats? In every other game, just slap it in appearance slot and go. New armor look with old stats. In WoW? Port back to a city, run to the transmog, go through the whole process, etc.

Blizzard took something that is normally kindergarten simple, and complicated it for no other reason than to call a simple everyday feature a "new gameplay mechanic".

Complication for the sake of complication is stupid.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

OG_Zorvan

Apprentice Member

10/10/12 1:14:21 PM#71
Originally posted by sumfool

wow looks so fugly lol

its funny people pay for that crap when games like tera online and secret world are around looking so much nicer 

I find it funny people outside of Korea or China would play a game with graphics like Tera, so I guess we're both stymied.

Especially since the graphics in neither of those games make up for the lack of gameplay. I'll take WoW's cartoon look with good gameplay over Tera or TSW's graphics with lackluster and boring gameplay.

mark2123

Advanced Member

10/11/12 2:36:24 AM#72
Originally posted by azrael466

There are rumors going around that they're going to give all the races a model update to match the increased polygon count that pandarian models have.

Not sure if its been confirmed, but there's that. Full game graphical update? don't count on it.

Why you still waiting for The Secret World? It's been out months?

Sukiyaki

Hard Core Member

10/11/12 10:20:54 AM#73

(EQ2, LOTRO, RIFT)

Welcome to MMORPGs young one. You have much to learn.

Bliizard just copied a common feature existent with exactly the same options in dozen of MMORPGs for months and years and hyped it under a new name as usual. WoW may be the only one who calls it transmogification for marketing purposes (like fooling newbs to believe its actually something they invented or did first and didnt just copy and paste like the remaining 98% of WoW "features" so often promoted under freshly made up terms or as if its was just thought up) but isnt the the only and certainly not the first one to offer this.

Appearance tabs or exclusive appearance gear is just another type of reskinning. What WoW copied was the most generic and basic item reskin principle available even in every second Chinese noname grinder.  For years.

The only difference between  what you call "transmog" and the dozen other MMORPGs like Aion who had this item reskinning feature long before WoW copied it (probably even ripped it off from Aion, wouldnt be the first time), is just a new name. Nothing else. WoW did not introduce ANYTHING new about item reskinning, WoW did NOT "improve" anything about it at, all leave alone does it "better than anyone" since its exactly the same as it was in other games minus a new name.

azrael466

Novice Member

10/11/12 1:12:26 PM#74
Originally posted by mark2123
Originally posted by azrael466

There are rumors going around that they're going to give all the races a model update to match the increased polygon count that pandarian models have.

Not sure if its been confirmed, but there's that. Full game graphical update? don't count on it.

Why you still waiting for The Secret World? It's been out months?

simply put? too lazy to change my  signature.

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search