Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,266 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,267,759
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Has GW2 pushed you back to WoW!?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  Ausare

Novice Member

10/09/12 7:47:21 AM#21
Originally posted by BadSpock

WoW combat is far too slow and uninteresting after playing GW2 - no way I could go back...

Though no one does gear progression as fun/well as WoW does, you only get 2-3 weeks of fun out of it before you hit the wall at end-game waiting for the next tier to be released.

My days of grinding heroics, raids to gear up - only to quit and come back on the next patch cycle to do it over again, and to grind BG's for PvP gear....

long over.

Now that they added Raid Finder - no need to ever join a guild or actually make friends, you can just PUG heroics till you are geared enough to PUG Raids via Raid Finder.

Such a solo game now... no thanks.

Just because you are in a group of people that are doing the same thing, but never talking to each other or needing each other does not make GW2 a non-solo game.

Alber_gamer

Apprentice Member

10/09/12 7:54:51 AM#22

When I read threads like this, I notice how biased most people are, towards both sides.

It's easy to recognise posts where the faults of one game are exposed while the game they're defending have the same faults, if not worse.

I played GW2 to max level and quit it because it offers nothing to me. It was worthwhile 70-80 hours of fun I got out of it, I've paid the same for games that have given me less than that. And no, I'm not going back to WoW, because WoW has likewise nothing to offer to me anymore. 

I'm instead looking forward to Neverwinter and Mechwarrior Online. And UFO: Enemy Unknown remake/sequel is almost out!

It's time to stop thinking that the world begins and ends on WoW, temporarily disturbed by whatever's the flavour of the month (which have been a dozen games so far, and currently GW2). There's life (and fun) beyond the same old toy box.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

bcbully

Hard Core Member

10/09/12 7:55:40 AM#23

It did. The combat system in GW2 was far too simple. Yeah it's nice being able to move while casting, but not nice enough to overcome a combat system tied to limited weapon choices with a permanant 2-3 abilities.

The lack of world pvp coupled with the "you pvprs" go play in this corner design bothered me aswell. Why the hell they did not make pvp skins warable in the game world was just silly to me. 

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Jyiiga

Advanced Member

10/09/12 8:08:28 AM#24
Even with all the botting annoyances... I have zero interest in going back to WoW. 
  Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

10/09/12 8:12:20 AM#25
In a word? Yes.  GW2 is great if one likes exploring and endless achievements. Its combat system (at least melee) is 2nd rate at best.  It has limited models for weapons and armor, and its obvious their art department was focused on everything else.  Not to mention their absolute phobia about being anything like WoW.  They cut off their nose to spite their face, in that pursuit. 
  fenistil

Novice Member

10/09/12 8:12:52 AM#26

To WoW - nope.    It made me realize that it will be very hard for me to enjoy themeparks with how they are done today.

I though it might possibly be burnt out on automatic LFG themeparks and GW2 will give me fresh look and fresh enjoyment of themeparks - but nope nada.    I long for virtual worlds after all.

I realized also that more actiony combat in mmorpg's might NOT be my cup of tea after all.

Betaguy

Advanced Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

10/09/12 8:13:27 AM#27
It didn't push me back to WoW, it more or less passed some time while I was waiting for MoP to release.

Gaia_Hunter

Hard Core Member

10/09/12 8:15:12 AM#28
Originally posted by Ausare

WoW combat is far too slow and uninteresting after playing GW2 - no way I could go back...

Though no one does gear progression as fun/well as WoW does, you only get 2-3 weeks of fun out of it before you hit the wall at end-game waiting for the next tier to be released.

My days of grinding heroics, raids to gear up - only to quit and come back on the next patch cycle to do it over again, and to grind BG's for PvP gear....

long over.

Now that they added Raid Finder - no need to ever join a guild or actually make friends, you can just PUG heroics till you are geared enough to PUG Raids via Raid Finder.

Just because you are in a group of people that are doing the same thing, but never talking to each other or needing each other does not make GW2 a non-solo game.

When I'm tackling a champion mob with another player we are playing together.

There is no buts or ifs.

Last time I checked the objective of a online multiplayer game is to play with oth?er people.

Currently playing: GW2
Cooperative (semi cooperative)board games you should check: Pandemic, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Eldritch Horror, Descent 2.0,Level 7 Omega Protocol, Last Night on Earth

sycofiend

Novice Member

10/09/12 8:19:53 AM#29

To each thier own,  had a lot of fun in WoW but been away since the release of AION, and haven't been back. Dont miss it.

my kids still play.

Just too many superior games out now (well matter of opinion I know) but the old graphics, and feel just have had enough of that.

would to back to Rift before WoW I think.

Playing: EVE, TSW, GW2 currently.

Ausare

Novice Member

10/09/12 8:21:50 AM#30
Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
Originally posted by Ausare

long over.

When I'm tackling a champion mob with another player we are playing together.

There is no buts or ifs.

Last time I checked the objective of a online multiplayer game is to play with oth?er people.

Then it is no different than a LFG instance.  You are playing with other people.  Thank you for supporting me.

Nevulus

Elite Member

10/09/12 8:24:46 AM#31
After TERA & GW2, I can't go back to WoW. I can't go back to the dated graphics. I can't go back to the sloooow PVE combat.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search