Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,788,409 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,464
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » This video explains what is wrong with WoW today,

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search
148 posts found
  User Deleted
10/08/12 1:17:27 PM#141
Originally posted by 7star 

Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

Your generation? I have children older than you.

 

In my day, we had to walk to an arcade to play a game...in the winter...with no shoes...uphill both ways...

  Thomas2006

Advanced Member

Joined: 11/16/05
Posts: 752

10/08/12 3:04:39 PM#142


Originally posted by Arakazi

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Thomas2006  

Originally posted by Arakazi

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Bladestrom Mm elitist arguements asside wow is fundementally about getting gear that is supposed to reflect your prestige within that games society. If you devalue this then there is no point being a gear centric game. The game has really confused and conflicting viewpoints.
No. Being a gear centric game should have nothing to do with acting like an Elitsh entitled prick! It's those top 1% in games as WoW, EQ and EQ2 that have made it that way. I like to collect gear in MMO's. Advance my character. But I still play just for fun! Being able to clear a difficult dungeon or a RAID I see as both personal achievement for myself as together with the people I did it with. I had never any desire to parade my characters through Stormwind, Ironforge, Quenos or Freeport to show off, brag and look down on fellow gamers! Just because I had the time to spend those 6 hours in a row to participate in a RAID at that time. I find that childish and idiotic. It's terrible for the community as a whole. It had nothing but a poisoning effect. It's exacly this childish and elitish behaviour of that top 1% that gave both WoW and EQ2 such a bad name during the years! /shrug   The title of the Topic should be changed to: "This video explains what is wrong with gamers today". As there is nothing wrong with WoW itself. It just evolved over the years.  
Neither of you read the thread or watched the video then. I guess that shows what's wrong with posters these days. Did you guys listen to him when he said it once took a weeks for some of raids to be cleared and when WOTLK was released it was cleared on the first day? Besides it's self evident that the game has gotten a lot easier and a helluva lot more gear orientated than it used to be.   Besides, whats so wrong with showing of your hard won gear? Do you not take pride in your home, garden or car or whatever? Or do you sneer at your neighbour when he shows pride in his new wheels?
  Cleared the first day is not exactly true. It was cleared the first day the expansion was released. But it also took weeks of trying in the beta to make it to that point. That is how most of the big guilds are getting first clears on day one. Lots of practice and attempts during the beta testing cycle. So if we are going to call it like it is. Then by no means did anyone clear WoTLK on the first day the raid was put up for access.
Exactly. Back in the Vanilla WoW day people didn't had access to the RAID until it hit the live servers. And ofcourse it took long time to clear. 1. RAID guilds were not able to practice on PTR for over a month! 2. Due to RAID's hitting live directly, they were quite buggy and it took time to get fixed, before people were actually able to clear it. But ofcourse people don't want to accept this truth. They rather stick their heads in the sands and continue on moaning and bitching about how hard vanilla WoW was compared to today and how easymode RAIDs are today, eventho deep down they know it's not true. /Le Sigh
You're talking out your ass mate or you are either blind or stupid or just trolling. Everything has been nerfed. HP reduced, damaged reduce etc. etc. Not just in dungeons or raids but even in the world. Elite and rare mobs used to actually be dangerous be be around! Now they couldn't even get me into 90% health if I solo them. It's pathtic how easy the game has become. It has more in common with hello kitty online with pets to train and cute little toons. As an adult you should be ashamed to play this pile of horse manure and the fact you pay for it makes me want to put out a restraining order against you. But I might be overeacting so I will settle this by saying, dude, it's just wrong.

Depends on the level of the elite. Maybe if its 10 levels lower then you. But I can tell you with 100% that you will not walk into any of MoP Heroics and solo or duo them. Its not going to happen. Not without some cheats to back you up.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Toom316 Streaming: Archeage NA

  Arakazi

Hard Core Member

Joined: 5/23/09
Posts: 833

10/08/12 3:11:13 PM#143
Originally posted by Thomas2006

 



 

Depends on the level of the elite. Maybe if its 10 levels lower then you. But I can tell you with 100% that you will not walk into any of MoP Heroics and solo or duo them. Its not going to happen. Not without some cheats to back you up.

I was talking about the ones you get in the zones, some of them used to be group quests, still are marked as group quests I think but..... no matter.

  Acidon

Apprentice Member

Joined: 9/09/05
Posts: 681

Permafried

10/08/12 3:15:28 PM#144
Originally posted by Homitu

Imagine how much content current WoW would have if it featured a down-scaling system similar to GW2 or even FFXI.  This isn't meant to be a "praise the holy features of GW2!" moment, so bear with me.  I'm simply inviting you to imagine this one particular feature, perhaps not implemented in exactly the same way, in an aged game like WoW, which now features 4 full expansions of content.  Imagine if every WoW raid and dungeon was still challenging and offered relevant rewards.  There would be no need to remake 1 or 2 classic dungeons with each expansion; they'd all still be available!

 

So essentially, just like Rift is now and will continue to be with the nearby Expansion.

You can select the exact level you want to downscale to, do content for that level, and receive rewards relevant to your actual level.

I do think WoW would definitely benefit with a system like that.  I prefer Rift's style over GW2 myself, because you're in control of your level.  You can under-level the content a bit if you want, or over-level it a bit, or just go at-level.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a feature like this showed up in WoW at some point.  That will certainly create a lot more relevant content for everyone who enjoys that game.

 

Playing: The Crew, Defiance, RiFT
Mourning: World of Darkness


Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
http://www.acidonsolutions.com

  VikingGamer

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/08/10
Posts: 1234

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

10/08/12 3:26:27 PM#145
Originally posted by grimgryphon
Originally posted by 7star 

Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

Your generation? I have children older than you.

 

In my day, we had to walk to an arcade to play a game...in the winter...with no shoes...uphill both ways...

That's right. When I was a kid. You had to program your own games, in basic, with 4k of ram, saved on a cassette tape, using a computer that had more steel in it than most cars are built with today.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

  VikingGamer

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/08/10
Posts: 1234

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

10/08/12 3:37:24 PM#146
Originally posted by Acidon
Originally posted by Homitu

Imagine how much content current WoW would have if it featured a down-scaling system similar to GW2 or even FFXI.  This isn't meant to be a "praise the holy features of GW2!" moment, so bear with me.  I'm simply inviting you to imagine this one particular feature, perhaps not implemented in exactly the same way, in an aged game like WoW, which now features 4 full expansions of content.  Imagine if every WoW raid and dungeon was still challenging and offered relevant rewards.  There would be no need to remake 1 or 2 classic dungeons with each expansion; they'd all still be available!

 

So essentially, just like Rift is now and will continue to be with the nearby Expansion.

You can select the exact level you want to downscale to, do content for that level, and receive rewards relevant to your actual level.

I do think WoW would definitely benefit with a system like that.  I prefer Rift's style over GW2 myself, because you're in control of your level.  You can under-level the content a bit if you want, or over-level it a bit, or just go at-level.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a feature like this showed up in WoW at some point.  That will certainly create a lot more relevant content for everyone who enjoys that game.

 

This is one of the reasons I am back in Rift. Great game, lots to do. Can set your level at will. and if you queue up to an instant adventure it will level you automatically to what ever zone it sends you to. I expect that this will be how they handle the level 50 normal and expert instances. Scale people back to 50 but give them lvl 60 rewards. You will probably have to be well reasonably geared at lvl 60 to do the 50 experts though. We will see.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

  jayarte

Novice Member

Joined: 8/21/09
Posts: 450

10/09/12 11:04:45 AM#147
Originally posted by 7star

More importantly, IMO, is to think about what this says about our society.  What's happening in WoW and other games is only a microcosm of how our society is becoming. 

 

That's what makes this so hard to accept. This is the direction consumer culture is taking on its headlong race to oblvion. People have no idea what quality is. They have now idea about hard work, honor, justice, etc.  

 

Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

This is what I'm always saying.  Games don't exist in isolation, they are part of a wider context which is the society we live in.  And it makes me very, very sad that these trends for self-obsessed, selfish, greedy behaviour are apparent everywhere.

  Torik

Elite Member

Joined: 1/02/09
Posts: 2314

10/09/12 3:56:42 PM#148
Originally posted by jayarte
Originally posted by 7star

More importantly, IMO, is to think about what this says about our society.  What's happening in WoW and other games is only a microcosm of how our society is becoming. 

 

That's what makes this so hard to accept. This is the direction consumer culture is taking on its headlong race to oblvion. People have no idea what quality is. They have now idea about hard work, honor, justice, etc.  

 

Oh...now I sound like an old guy. This is what old people where saying about my generation...

This is what I'm always saying.  Games don't exist in isolation, they are part of a wider context which is the society we live in.  And it makes me very, very sad that these trends for self-obsessed, selfish, greedy behaviour are apparent everywhere.

Exactly.  Elitist hardcore raiding is merely a sympton of people not being able to challenge themselves and measuring their achievements solely by the rewards they receive and not caring that the process to achieve those rewards is a soul crushing grinder meant to turn them into mindless zombies. 

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Search