Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,873 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,896
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » My only real problem with MOP..

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
45 posts found
  Johnie-Marz

Advanced Member

10/06/12 4:03:45 AM#41
Originally posted by azrael466
Originally posted by Goll25

Wow, i think a lot of people will agree with me when I say this. But the OP is the exact poisen that lead the game to its current state. Every start of an expansion you need to do some sort of attunement, especially dailies for rep. It's really not that time consuming or hard.

Blizzard has given us easier raid conent for people like you. Given us 10 mans, easier quality 25 mans, got rid of 40s. Then they made even easier quality 25's and gave a mirrored instance "heroic" quality. Heroic qualities have even gotten easier since cata. Then they threw Epics into easy "heroic" dungeons. Then they added raid finder. 

PvE progression is dead. If you think otherwise check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

Only the people with poor reading comprehension.

Nothing I've said, nor anything I've complained about actually makes the game HARDER. I want difficult raid content, I don't want to be forced to grind rep every day for a bloody month just to get to it.

Clearly, you didn't understand a word I said in my post, and are just looking for people to insult and blame blizzards poor design on. You're the kind of raider that wants to be a special little snowflake and lord raiding over people who don't treat the game like a job. Why don't you go back to games like everquest where that mentality belongs.

Yeah i understand what you meant by your post, you want better gear faster. So you can get into raids, faster. Then finish that raid... Faster. Time plays a part in difficulty/exclusiveness. The journey of getting attuned for every new raid is lost and it sucks. PvE character progression is dieing, if not already dead, and what your complaining about is a support beam that holds the structure up. 

Sure you didn't say you were against hard content, but it's part of the slippery slope. However you fail to see the downside to it, when you get better gear faster, you clear raids faster which to a lot of people (the majority who have quit.) don't feel excited to raid. Seriously watch the video I posted you'll get what I'm trying to say explained better. You can't argue with those facts, and also there is a corrilation with the way blizzard goes about it's new content and the subscription numbers. Easier/quicker it gets - the lower the subscribers go.

Not faster, not easier. On my OWN time, not blizzards. I shouldn't have to schedule my REAL LIFE around WoW just so I don't fall behind on gear.

I completely get where you are coming from. Instead of logging in for two hours a night doing dailies you would like the option of playing fourteen hours on the weekend and being able to get the same amount of rep for the same amount of time. 

As someone who doesn't like dailies, I agree, it should be an option.

azrael466

Novice Member

OP  10/06/12 11:09:23 AM#42
Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Wow, i think a lot of people will agree with me when I say this. But the OP is the exact poisen that lead the game to its current state. Every start of an expansion you need to do some sort of attunement, especially dailies for rep. It's really not that time consuming or hard.

Blizzard has given us easier raid conent for people like you. Given us 10 mans, easier quality 25 mans, got rid of 40s. Then they made even easier quality 25's and gave a mirrored instance "heroic" quality. Heroic qualities have even gotten easier since cata. Then they threw Epics into easy "heroic" dungeons. Then they added raid finder. 

PvE progression is dead. If you think otherwise check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

Only the people with poor reading comprehension.

Nothing I've said, nor anything I've complained about actually makes the game HARDER. I want difficult raid content, I don't want to be forced to grind rep every day for a bloody month just to get to it.

Clearly, you didn't understand a word I said in my post, and are just looking for people to insult and blame blizzards poor design on. You're the kind of raider that wants to be a special little snowflake and lord raiding over people who don't treat the game like a job. Why don't you go back to games like everquest where that mentality belongs.

Yeah i understand what you meant by your post, you want better gear faster. So you can get into raids, faster. Then finish that raid... Faster. Time plays a part in difficulty/exclusiveness. The journey of getting attuned for every new raid is lost and it sucks. PvE character progression is dieing, if not already dead, and what your complaining about is a support beam that holds the structure up. 

Sure you didn't say you were against hard content, but it's part of the slippery slope. However you fail to see the downside to it, when you get better gear faster, you clear raids faster which to a lot of people (the majority who have quit.) don't feel excited to raid. Seriously watch the video I posted you'll get what I'm trying to say explained better. You can't argue with those facts, and also there is a corrilation with the way blizzard goes about it's new content and the subscription numbers. Easier/quicker it gets - the lower the subscribers go.

Not faster, not easier. On my OWN time, not blizzards. I shouldn't have to schedule my REAL LIFE around WoW just so I don't fall behind on gear.

I completely get where you are coming from. Instead of logging in for two hours a night doing dailies you would like the option of playing fourteen hours on the weekend and being able to get the same amount of rep for the same amount of time. 

As someone who doesn't like dailies, I agree, it should be an option.

It should and I don't get why 'weeklies' aren't already a thing, everythign else in WoW runs on a week by week basis..

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

observer

Hard Core Member

First came pride, then envy.

10/07/12 12:02:01 AM#43

edit: wrong topic! haha.

Shodanas

Elite Member

10/07/12 12:24:27 AM#44
You don't need dailies in order to prep a character for raiding. The 463 item level gear accuired in the heroics is adequate for the first tier content. Yes, the faction rewards via reputation contain some nice epic pieces but they are not a prerequisite. Personaly i don't like dailies much, never did. The only ones i do regularly are the ones in the Arboretum for the flying dragon mount. I geared my main solely in the hc's.
  User Deleted
10/07/12 12:32:37 AM#45

Welcome to Vertical Gear Progression based content.

No thanks.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search