Trending Games | Trove | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,871,602 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,254,607
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Dont come back yet: Cross Realm Zones (CRZ)

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
136 posts found
  Wicoa

Advanced Member

OP  9/22/12 4:47:21 AM#21
Originally posted by Bladestrom
Good point above, if people don't group while levelling anyway, whats the point? It's an illusion.

Exactly,  WoW is a solo quest fest, this is an illusion which is just annoying.  It may have existed but I never EVER saw a post asking to fix the issue by having more strangers to quest with from other servers.  What people have been crying out for is server mergers so they their end game experience is generally improved, those threads asked for nothing else.

I said before if this was a group heavy vertical experience climb then this feature would be a reasonable addition.

Blizzard are trying to put a square peg in a round hole thinking they fixed it.  They f'd up with this and they f'd up diablo 3 Im beginning not to be surprised anymore.

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

9/22/12 4:53:10 AM#22

Get over it.

or are we not on the same page anymore? High player density+lag less+Seamless world - that is basic and true mmorpg components.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Wicoa

Advanced Member

OP  9/22/12 4:55:23 AM#23

Releasing this feature now right before a major expansion is horrendous anyway, this needed more testing and discussion in a normal time frame.

Wicoa

Advanced Member

OP  9/22/12 4:57:06 AM#24
Originally posted by Nitth

Get over it.

or are we not on the same page anymore? High player density+lag less+Seamless world - that is basic and true mmorpg components.

You don't know what you are talking about, lag should never be a component of mmorpgs, wow has been relatively lag free till now, rift is relatively lag free, heck when I played tera for the box month and a high population guess what... that was lag free to. 

Nitth

Elite Member

9/22/12 4:57:46 AM#25

Originally posted by Wicoa
Releasing this feature now right before a major expansion is horrendous anyway, this needed more testing and discussion in a normal time frame.

I don't believe that.

Is there major technical issues or you just don't like it?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Nitth

Elite Member

9/22/12 4:59:51 AM#26

Originally posted by Nitth Get over it. or are we not on the same page anymore? High player density+lag less+Seamless world - that is basic and true mmorpg components.
You don't know what you are talking about, lag should never be a component of mmorpgs, wow has been relatively lag free till now, rift is relatively lag free, heck when I played tera for the box month and a high population guess what... that was lag free to. 

Maybe i wasnt clear.

Mmorpgs should strive for a:

1: high density player presence
2: Be lagless in the face of high player density.
3.Be a seamless open world

Get all those working together and you are on your way to the holy grail of mmorpgs.

This implementation is getting closer to that goal. (read positive addition)

Kuinn

Hard Core Member

9/22/12 5:22:40 AM#27

Originally posted by Nitth Get over it. or are we not on the same page anymore? High player density+lag less+Seamless world - that is basic and true mmorpg components.

Maybe i wasnt clear.

Get all those working together and you are on your way to the holy grail of mmorpgs.

What's the purpose of high player density if there's no group content? All it achieves is giving you a lot of competition in PvE, farming the same mobs and nodes from under your nose just to annoy the hell out of you. Awesome mmorpg logic you have there.

This implementation gives nothing but faceless nobodies against you in PvE from other servers. It's actually not even an open world anymore since the quest zones are now shared with a bunch of servers but your cities are instanced only to your servers population, fracturing the world into weird cross-dimensional pockets.

Nadia

Elite Member

9/22/12 5:29:06 AM#28
Originally posted by Kuinn

This implementation gives nothing but faceless nobodies against you in PvE from other servers. It's actually not even an open world anymore since the quest zones are now shared with a bunch of servers but your cities are instanced only to your servers population, fracturing the world into weird cross-dimensional pockets.

i havent seen CRZ yet

but your description reminds me about how "open world" dungeon running w dungeon finders is

porting from instance to instance

User Deleted
9/22/12 5:35:28 AM#29

Maybe i wasnt clear.

This implemention is getting closer to that goal RPG simulator v3.7

DM  - Hobgoblin is starting to attack

PlayerA -Starts casting a spell -> *interrupted*playerY spawned from other dimension and killed playerA,player Y left the game.

playerB - wtf?

playerA -im gonna hunt him down,fusk he is from 3rd dimension,well maybe he comes back soon.

Nitth

Elite Member

9/22/12 5:38:41 AM#30

What's the purpose of high player density if there's no group content? All it achieves is giving you a lot of competition in PvE, farming the same mobs and nodes from under your nose just to annoy the hell out of you. Awesome mmorpg logic you have there.
Tberes used to be group content specificity but no longer. But your above post is flawed because it doest matter if there is group content,

Get out there find some friends and have fun doing some quests. That's what its all about. Nobody likes wandering around in an empty zone, Might aswel play a single player game and be done with it.

There's no problem with multiple servers helping 'drive' one 'home server'. face facts here the architecture has changed, but is still representative of an open world.

Through battle.net you can locate,play and keep in touch with any character you come accross in any component of the game. Im sure there is a few new technical issues with the new technology at hand but for the most part community can be maintained.

Nitth

Elite Member

9/22/12 5:41:39 AM#31

Originally posted by ForumPvP

Maybe i wasnt clear. Mmorpgs should strive for a: 1: high density player presence 2: Be lagless in the face of high player density. 3.Be a seamless open world Get all those working together and you are on your way to the holy grail of mmorpgs. This implementation is getting closer to that goal. (read positive addition)

PlayerA -Starts casting a spell -> *interrupted*playerY spawned from other dimension and killed playerA,player Y left the game.

playerB - wtf?

playerA -im gonna hunt him down,fusk he is from 3rd dimension,well maybe he comes back soon.

What difference does it make if the player is spawned just because they are logging on?

Kuinn

Hard Core Member

9/22/12 6:05:25 AM#32

Tberes used to be group content specificity but no longer. But your above post is flawed because it doest matter if there is group content,

Get out there find some friends and have fun doing some quests. That's what its all about. Nobody likes wandering around in an empty zone, Might aswel play a single player game and be done with it.

If you group up for solo content with other-dimensional visitors that you cant even consistently hang out with, you're in a small minority. You just dont see random people grouping just to "hang out" in WoW even before this feature was implemented. It would be different story if Blizzard would not have removed all the group content from the open world, but now, what's the point? It's funny they should think that group content is not valid for a MMORPG to begin with.

User Deleted
9/22/12 6:05:57 AM#33

Maybe i wasnt clear. Mmorpgs should strive for a: 1: high density player presence 2: Be lagless in the face of high player density. 3.Be a seamless open world Get all those working together and you are on your way to the holy grail of mmorpgs. This implementation is getting closer to that goal. (read positive addition)

playerB - wtf?

What difference does it make if the player is spawned just because they are logging on?

To you role playing means lots of unknown players from other servers around you,more unknown people around you means better role playing,i cant tell to you what is the difference because you cannot understand that because the way you think.

Nitth

Elite Member

9/22/12 6:12:31 AM#34

Originally posted by Kuinn What's the purpose of high player density if there's no group content? All it achieves is giving you a lot of competition in PvE, farming the same mobs and nodes from under your nose just to annoy the hell out of you. Awesome mmorpg logic you have there. Tberes used to be group content specificity but no longer. But your above post is flawed because it doest matter if there is group content,   Get out there find some friends and have fun doing some quests. That's what its all about. Nobody likes wandering around in an empty zone, Might aswel play a single player game and be done with it.   

If you group up for solo content with other-dimensional visitors that you cant even consistently hang out with, you're in a small minority. You just dont see random people grouping just to "hang out" in WoW even before this feature was implemented. It would be different story if Blizzard would not have removed all the group content from the open world, but now, what's the point? It's funny they should think that group content is not valid for a MMORPG to begin with.

Originally posted by ForumPvP Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Wicoa Originally posted by Nitth Get over it. or are we not on the same page anymore? High player density+lag less+Seamless world - that is basic and true mmorpg components.
This implemention is getting closer to that goal RPG simulator v3.7   DM  - Hobgoblin is starting to attack PlayerA -Starts casting a spell -> *interrupted*playerY spawned from other dimension and killed playerA,player Y left the game. playerB - wtf? playerA -im gonna hunt him down,fusk he is from 3rd dimension,well maybe he comes back soon.    
To you role playing means lots of unknown players from other servers around you,more unknown people around you means better role playing,i cant tell to you what is the difference because you cannot understand that because the way you think.

How can it possibly be better to have empty zones, with the few potential players that could fill them can only come from your server?

ForumPvP: Massively multiplayer online role playing game - solo roleplaying games should be left to single player games. the reason mmorpgs are different is the potential to interact with 100's or 1000's of players globally.

Nadia

Elite Member

9/22/12 6:22:35 AM#35

How can it possibly be better to have empty zones, with the few potential players that could fill them can only come from your server?

ForumPvP: Massively multiplayer online role playing game - solo roleplaying games should be left to single player games. the reason mmorpgs are different is the potential to interact with 100's or 1000's of players globally.

for the same reason i find cross server dungeon finders alienating

seeing players that ill probably never see again seems no better than a lobby game

mmos are supposed to be about community too

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

9/22/12 6:26:21 AM#36
Originally posted by Nadia

for the same reason i find cross server dungeon finders alienating

seeing players that ill probably never see again seems no better than a lobby game

mmos are supposed to be about community too

That would be true if there wasn't battle tags where you can friend people cross realms.

User Deleted
9/22/12 6:33:32 AM#37

Originally posted by Kuinn What's the purpose of high player density if there's no group content? All it achieves is giving you a lot of competition in PvE, farming the same mobs and nodes from under your nose just to annoy the hell out of you. Awesome mmorpg logic you have there. Tberes used to be group content specificity but no longer. But your above post is flawed because it doest matter if there is group content,   Get out there find some friends and have fun doing some quests. That's what its all about. Nobody likes wandering around in an empty zone, Might aswel play a single player game and be done with it.   

Originally posted by ForumPvP Originally posted by Nitth   Originally posted by Wicoa Originally posted by Nitth Get over it. or are we not on the same page anymore? High player density+lag less+Seamless world - that is basic and true mmorpg components.
This implemention is getting closer to that goal RPG simulator v3.7   DM  - Hobgoblin is starting to attack PlayerA -Starts casting a spell -> *interrupted*playerY spawned from other dimension and killed playerA,player Y left the game. playerB - wtf? playerA -im gonna hunt him down,fusk he is from 3rd dimension,well maybe he comes back soon.    

Like i said that you dont understand that and im not going to be you RPG mentor ,you need to ask someone else but i give you one example,not more , for example guilds ,yes theres guilds in MMOs ,when someone ganks for example me,i will hunt everybody on that persons guild down,no matter what level they are or what is their name or what they are doing,they are dead.But in your solo game vision its  not possible because those people comes from places where warrior cant follow.

GreenishBlue

Novice Member

9/22/12 6:36:33 AM#38
nice, those gankers in open world PvP servers...rejoice?

Nitth

Elite Member

9/22/12 6:46:23 AM#39

Like i said that you dont understand that and im not going to be you RPG mentor ,you need to ask someone else but i give you one example,not more , for example guilds ,yes theres guilds in MMOs ,when someone ganks for example me,i will hunt everybody on that persons guild down,no matter what level they are or what is their name or what they are doing,they are dead.But in your solo game vision its  not possible because those people comes from places where warrior cant follow.

Whatever man, If your content with these disputes consisting of '5 people in zone'

Karelia

Apprentice Member

9/22/12 6:48:19 AM#40

if you dont like gang or ganged then either go to a pve server or play gw2. they are all friends there. they jump in the world, sending kisses, zerg DE's. no1 gets hurt in the open world. its a friendly love game.

hell this is warcraft. this is how it suposed to be. this is how it was in the good old times. so if you want go to gw2. they also have nice legendary bows.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365281/page/1

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search