World of Warcraft is one of the premier subscription MMORPGs, and has helped spread the entire genre into mass markets across the globe. Players enter the world of Azeroth, a fantasy realm of swords and sorcery, exotic races, mystical creatures, world turmoil, high adventure, and war. Created by Blizzard Entertainment, and based on the Warcraft series of RTS games first released in the mid 1990s, WoW expanded on the early Warcraft single player franchise and is now a vibrant multiplayer world, where players may engage in roleplaying, PvE, PvP, dungeon instances, battlegrounds, arenas, and raids. WoW has received five different expansions so far, including The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor, with Legion expected out in late 2016.
World of Warcraft's next expansion, Legion, sees the return of the Burning Legion and a one-time foe, Illidan Stormrage.
The Tomb of Sargeras has been reopened, and the demons of the Burning Legion pour into our world. Their full, terrifying might is fixed on summoning the Dark Titan to Azeroth—and they’ve already located the key to his return.
With the Alliance and Horde devastated, only you can take up Warcraft’s most legendary artifacts, scour the ancient Broken Isles for relics of the Titans, and challenge the Legion before Azeroth’s last hope dies.
Steel yourself, champion. Extinction is imminent.
- Massively Multiplayer & Online | Join thousands of other players online at any given moment, creating a world that’s full of life and action.
- Roleplaying | Take a race, a class, and a set of skills, and mold them into a personality that transcends the games’ mechanics.
- Warcraft Universe | Enter into a world with a legacy of more than fifteen years of epic storytelling.
- Persistent Online Personae | Create up to fifty characters who grow with each game session. As characters advance in level, so do their skills, weapons, armor, equipment, locations discovered, monsters defeated, NPCs met, quests completed, and adventures had, all with no worry of ever reaching ‘the end’.
- Magic, Mystery, and Adventure | At the core, WoW is about obtaining and completing quests, of which there is no shortage to be found. NPC quest givers may be found throughout Azeroth, from busy city streets, to dungeons, battlegrounds, raid locations, to out in the open world.
FACTIONS & RACES
- Horde | Once they were the ‘bad guys’ in the Warcraft RTS games; now they are a powerful faction made up of the Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elf, and Goblin races, along with the Pandaren who choose to join them.
- Alliance | The Grand Alliance faction is set to bring the Light to the less civilized races of Azeroth, and have gathered the Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, and Worgen under their banner, along with the Pandaren who choose to join them.
- Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Demon Hunter
- Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Engineering, Herbalism, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, Mining, Skinning, Tailoring.
- Archaeology, Cooking, First Aid, Fishing.