Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,353 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,001
Sony Online Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 01/30/07)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

12 posts found
  psiic

Hard Core Member

OP  2/14/13 9:28:34 AM#1

to convince people here to come try Vanguard. 

One of the most amazing things about Vanguard is how awesome the community is right now. 

Players are friendly, helpful, generous, and considerate of others.

We really do not need that tainted by the mmorpg users, whom for the most part are quite the opposite.

We have a good thing going right now, with an active dev team actually listening to us, active and involved GMs in game, and a game that is actually fun and involving with real content, immersive stories, and a large sandboxy element.

I am begging you please don't spoil it by trying to convince people here to have a positive and open mind, we all know that is impossible.

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

2/14/13 9:31:31 AM#2
Well played, OP, well played......

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

User Deleted
2/14/13 9:32:01 AM#3

Thanks for the invite! See you in game :D /wink

+2 points for the clever appeal for more players masked in a "Stay Out" post.

Nekky_Fate

Novice Member

2/14/13 9:33:53 AM#4
I played Vanguard at release and then for a while right before Rift came out. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold all my characters through the Sony auction site because I would like to come back and play again.
  StarI

Hard Core Member

2/14/13 9:36:36 AM#5
Originally posted by psiic

to convince people here to come try Vanguard. 

One of the most amazing things about Vanguard is how awesome the community is right now. 

Players are friendly, helpful, generous, and considerate of others.

We really do not need that tainted by the mmorpg users, whom for the most part are quite the opposite.

We have a good thing going right now, with an active dev team actually listening to us, active and involved GMs in game, and a game that is actually fun and involving with real content, immersive stories, and a large sandboxy element.

I am begging you please don't spoil it by trying to convince people here to have a positive and open mind, we all know that is impossible.

6/9

too obvious

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

2/14/13 9:49:06 AM#6
Originally posted by StarI

6/9

too obvious

Damn it, we wanted Jeri Ryan! Couldn't you give it just one more point?

(Pretty good pitch, if you're getting paid to sell country club memberships to rich snobs, it'll work like a charm.)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

olepi

Hard Core Member

2/14/13 10:26:45 PM#7
Ooops,. I just posted why I like Vanguard. Sorry.

------------
RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

User Deleted
2/14/13 10:40:41 PM#8
Haha to be fair, anyone who makes it past level 20 in Vanguard is the type of player you want. The levelling process is a very good filter for undesirables.
  User Deleted
2/14/13 10:44:52 PM#9
Sould have opened with "Just go play WoW, that what you like anyways!!"
  Dizzler

Apprentice Member

Wtf...

2/16/13 11:24:44 AM#10
I see what you did there...

Flaming_MMO

Novice Member

2/17/13 12:15:55 AM#11
Having played Vanguard the last few days, I think it is one of, if not the best communities in a MMO I have ever seen.  However, I am not too thrilled by the game itself as it seems rather dull to me.
  MurlockDance

Apprentice Member

2/17/13 12:10:54 PM#12
Yeah, and definitely do not come to the Euro server ! All the resource nodes are belong to me !

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.