Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,166 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,781
Sony Online Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 01/30/07)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Forum » General Discussion » Why Vanguard is the BEST Free to Play MMORPG out!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  MightyChasm

Advanced Member

2/11/13 2:09:33 PM#21
This game looked so promising when it was first released, but it was unloved for a long time.  I tried to jump back into the F2P recently but the graphics just look so dated now and the world so empty I couldn't stick with it.  
  User Deleted
2/11/13 2:12:39 PM#22

I'd give the game a second chance if they would make the character models and animations a bit better than the circa-2003 crap they have going.  They weren't super great on release, and 5 years later has only made them look even worse.

I know the whole "game play over graphics" argument, but that's no excuse for studios to completely ignore basic levels of animations.

birken

Novice Member

2/11/13 4:51:25 PM#23
... The game graphics are better than 95% of game out  there and this game  give you the Whole game for free 1-55 everything but certain item in which u can get them without paying real money is great. For saying the game is dead wow just casue u played 2 year ago if i log in now alll the start zone have 20 plus players isle of dawn has 40 + 90% of time that is crazy. It wont have  as many people as WoW or other Top name games but then it also has less trolls and no gold sellers. or hackers. It so funny that people can make comment on thing they have no idea what they are talking about. If u did feel like spending money on this stuff u dont get for argument sake $4.99 would give u a ton of item unlock in which case u could not use them in a month unless u gave them out,But again u dont need to pay cash and still can use 100% OF GAME.
  Kanyl

Novice Member

"Toss me!"

2/11/13 5:43:56 PM#24

Vanguard has always had a part in my heart, but lately, that part is fading away. For many weeks I could just log into the game, go through Isle of Dawn, do some quests, talk with people and so on. For the first time, when I finally got time, I decided to go all in! I made a Blood Mage, just because it is very unique and because so many talked about how good and fun the class was. I bought a mount, some appearance cloth and came up to level 10. Now, I am very bored! 

When I am questing, it takes FOREVER (compared to other standard mmorpgs) and when I deliver the quests, I get like 10% of the whle xp bar. For me, it feels like I will never get to highest level. I die easily, just because I take so much damage (even if I am attacking with the right spells) and it is very hard to play. Sure, it is fun when it is challenging, but for me it is a pain in da arse right now!

So, should I re-roll? Any easier class or something more fun? Maybe the game is like this and it does not suit for me? I would love to love this game and be tempted to log in whenever I get time...but it is not like this. So, is it "wrong with me" or should I make a change?

Anyway, great game for those who enjoy it! Huge world and one of the best communities I have ever met!

Doogiehowser

Apprentice Member

2/11/13 8:15:44 PM#25
Originally posted by Nanfoodle
Originally posted by birken
Your not limited at all you can buy item unlock from in game Auction house. The point is you are a free loader and you think everything should be given to you like you earned it. 

Nope, I been MMOing since EQ1 launched 12 years ago. When networking costs made 15 bucks a month worth it. Now server costs are so low they are a foot notes on quartly meetings. I question the 15 bucks a month. I been playing GW2 with no monthly sub and they have a great cash shop I can buy things I want that are not buy to win model. I am happy to support the game I play but I refuse to be told 15 bucks a month is fair. I would sub to Vanguard for 4.99 a month if it gave me everything. I would use the cash shop every few weeks if they gave me access to the whole game. SoE needs to get with the times.

Give it up dude. Many already explained that armor unlocks can be bought from trade post with in game currency. So why are you still crying about 15 bucks a month when you don't  even need it to enjoy the game? you already have access to whole game i don't know what more you want?

Vanguard has the most flexible and better F2P model. You want to see real nickle and diming go play SWTOR freemium model and then come back here and tell us what you think.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Jimmydean

Apprentice Member

2/13/13 12:26:53 PM#26
Definitely a great F2P model now that they lifted the class / race restrictions. Came back recently, can't get enough! Haven't touched Tera much since. Not to mention Gw2, which I can't even use as a door stopper because I got the digital edition =/ Sad.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search