Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,196 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,599
Sony Online Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 01/30/07)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Forum » General Discussion » This game deserves more love

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Comaf

Advanced Member

I want an mmorpg where pvp matters, my enemies are not my race or class, and community matters.

12/04/12 12:02:59 PM#21
Originally posted by Genadi

I played years back but wasn't really active in any mmo's at the time and drifted away while trying to hang onto what was the greatness of DAOC. After a year or two of playing mainly Mortal Online I returned to VG recently and was greatly surprised. Great systems, great World, great crafting, great combat (looks like clickfest at first but is much deeper than WoW or other hotbar mmos when you realise combo effects etc, great new things being attempted (diplomacy), great exploration, great house & boat building system, great massive sprawling castles and above all else one of the best community's I've seen in a long long time.

No PvP was a turn off for me at first but once I accepted VG as PvE game it hasn't bothered me since.

I write this post mainly because I've seen so many games going f2p lately and in turn people giving them a chance. If people are giving broken games like Mortal Online a shot they should definitely give this a chance also. It pleasantly surprised me and I hope it does others. With a higher pop the game would really hit it's strides as unlike most other current mmo's it greatly encourages group play.

I hope alot more people try it out now it's f2p and on steam.

New VG fanboi - Genadi

I agree!  I'm waiting for the 2 faction server to return first, however.  Some glorious pvp days then - nothing as complex as the DAoC siege - 3 realm system - but no one knows how to do that in an mmorpg these days (so I don't get to be so picky).  VGSoH had a ton of promise, they just need some creative inspiration and $$$$.

Ghavrigg

Apprentice Member

12/04/12 12:10:03 PM#22
Originally posted by Starpower
Originally posted by chelan
Originally posted by Nhyx
@Badaboom and winter
So, what you guys are saying is because you don't enjoy the game anymore they should shut it down. Very altruistic of you.

exactly. if you don't like it that's fine. there are plenty of reasons to want a game shut down.  but there are a growing number of people who continue to enjoy the game.

If that were true then you wouldn't need these call to arms and Vanguard needs more love posts

I have no idea whether the game is growing or not, but a thread saying it needs more love is no indication that it isn't. It could be growing, and the OP is just riding the momentum and hoping to help things further.

I've logged into the game recently for the first time in a long ass time, and I'm actually seeing people around talking, and in the starter areas (not the Isle of Dawn or whatever) where like a year ago I would have seen no activity whatsoever. I can't say whether that means anything, but it already seems much more active because of this than it did a year or more ago.

Adamantine

Hard Core Member

War is not the ultima ratio, but the ultima irratio - Willy Brandt

12/05/12 3:34:18 AM#23
Originally posted by asmkm22
Originally posted by chelan
Originally posted by asmkm22
Originally posted by Kenze

Originally posted by Badaboom
I disagree.  I think it is time that this game finally dies.  To preserve the few fond memories that I have of Vanguard, this game should humanely be put down.  I say this out of love.  It is time.

I agree. Vanguard just needs to die with a little of its dignity intact. I mean look at some of the stuff SOE's cash shop is adding to the world....such tacky, gaudy crap like this

What the hell?  I'm not overly familiar with Vanguard lore but that can't be part of it...

i am not sure where it came from, but i do know it did not come with f2p.

That's almost worse...  

THAT is NOT one of the mounts you can buy with the cash shop.

This is the level 55 Order reward of the Pantheon of Ancients. There is also a Chaos reward, which is some burning mount.

The cash shop sells the ice dragon (I got one, since as a regular I get free points for the cash shop every month) and a griffon. Both are much more conventional looking.

ViperHoundz

Novice Member

I > You

12/12/12 3:48:27 AM#24
Vanguard is a great Vacation MMO, take your time coast and enjoy the beautiful world Lord Moonguard and Co. is working on
Vanguard: Saga of the old school Gamer---

I'm on Telon Floatz is my highest character bard ADD me!!
2 Pages « 1 2 Search