Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,979 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,859
Sony Online Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 01/30/07)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  boojiboy

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 4:14:31 PM#21

I haven't decided if I'll play full-tilt again or not, but I have logged into to say hi to old friends.  I saw ALOT of people on from my friends list which was a very pleasant surprise. 

When I quit over a year ago, there was no lag for me, it ran very smoothly.  When I logged on recently, same deal, no lag, ran very smoothly.

olepi

Hard Core Member

12/08/12 6:39:38 PM#22

I came back to Vanguard recently, and am having a lot of fun. What I like about it:

- open world, zero instancing. Nothing on "rails".

- vast amount of content. There are many dungeons and areas for each level.

- good crafting and diplomacy mini-games

- there's a decent amount of people now, I see players LFG of all levels.

I get a bit of lag, but nothing to be a problem. Game hasn't crashed on me. It's a fun, old-school MMORPG.

------------
RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

night_gamer

Novice Member

12/08/12 6:53:31 PM#23
Did they made any real updated to the game engine? Last time when i checked the games the forums was full with stuff about that almost all programmers left the game and the engine will not get any updates in the future.
  allegria

Novice Member

12/09/12 10:12:14 PM#24
Originally posted by erictlewis

Vangaurd is not vastly improved.  I went back the week it went free to play and I will say this the lag that we had durring launch is still there.  yes they had some bug fixing, they are suposed to get new content, but vastly improved no its not. 

It is what it always will be a niche game that could have been so much more, mostly forgotten but all but a few. 

Unfortunately they had major lag issues with the overload of players in the starting areas and it chased people away..

again :(

dogdersROC

Apprentice Member

12/10/12 6:14:51 PM#25

I am paying a sub to play, but I cant recommend the game to anybody in good faith. There are more bugs/typos/incomplete quests/zones than any mmorpg I have ever played. I am dead serious bout that. It has the overall feel of a very unpolished gem that you know will not get much love in the future. Ive put in more bug petitions in 3 months than I have in every game ive played combined. Good thing the GMs are some of the best around. You just have accept it is what it is and ignore the fanboys/haters who are both doin a bad disservice to other gamers with their skewed statements.

In its defense, I will admit that the game has aged fairly well, all things considered. I still have some choppiness which is boggling considering my current system, and the whole seamless world is highly overstated what with the chunk lines and all. BUT compared to, say EQ2 which looks very dated IMHO, the graphics are pretty good. Even the oft maligned character models and animations I think are decent.

VengeSunsoar

Hard Core Member

Be Brief, Be Bright... Be Gone.

12/10/12 7:07:29 PM#26
Originally posted by olepi

I came back to Vanguard recently, and am having a lot of fun. What I like about it:

I get a bit of lag, but nothing to be a problem. Game hasn't crashed on me. It's a fun, old-school MMORPG.

The quests in VG directed me from quest hub to quest hub just like WoW.  Rest I can generally agree with except the lag.

Quit worrying about other players in a game and just play.

olepi

Hard Core Member

12/10/12 7:22:34 PM#27
Originally posted by VengeSunsoar
Originally posted by olepi

The quests in VG directed me from quest hub to quest hub just like WoW.  Rest I can generally agree with except the lag.

Not all of them are like that, though. I remember roaming around, and finding a dungeon that is actually a fighting stadium. You can get a full set of armor by completing their quests. No other quest ever sent me there.

There is so much content, that you could level several characters to 50, without repeating anything.

------------
RIP City of Heroes. One of my favorite MMO's.

dreamscaper

Elite Member

12/10/12 11:49:04 PM#28
Originally posted by dogdersROC

I am paying a sub to play, but I cant recommend the game to anybody in good faith. There are more bugs/typos/incomplete quests/zones than any mmorpg I have ever played. I am dead serious bout that. It has the overall feel of a very unpolished gem that you know will not get much love in the future.

The above sums up my own issues with the game. It has a lot of the core needed to be a really fantastic MMORPG, but unfortunately its lack of polish is so severe it makes it difficult to simply enjoy the game.

<3

2 Pages « 1 2 Search