Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,021 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,213,943
Sony Online Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 01/30/07)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Forum » General Discussion » 309 - 314 players online on Telon

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
60 posts found
  User Deleted
4/14/12 11:12:21 AM#41

Once it goes f2p officially there will be alot more coming back. I might check it out myself.

Ribas363

Apprentice Member

4/14/12 11:17:02 AM#42
I had to watch the redwings. I got ingame after it was done. It was below 500, but over 320 by a bit from 10-12, 12-1 it was between 310-320. I checked about 4 times each hr.
  stragen001

Hard Core Member

Mr Flibble is VERY cross

4/14/12 11:48:11 AM#43

I dont get what you are trying to prove with this thread. 300 - 500 players online is nothing to boast about. 

Just shows how dead the game is still.

No doubt the population will skyrocket once it goes F2P, but the game is still the same so any increase will drop off again after a few months or so...

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

OP  4/14/12 12:39:19 PM#44
Originally posted by stragen001

I dont get what you are trying to prove with this thread. 300 - 500 players online is nothing to boast about. 

Just shows how dead the game is still.

No doubt the population will skyrocket once it goes F2P, but the game is still the same so any increase will drop off again after a few months or so...

I already answered this question further up

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

4/14/12 2:50:28 PM#45
Originally posted by stragen001

Can you post the server populations for other MMOs that you are comparing that to?

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

OP  4/14/12 6:59:48 PM#46

Saturday 8 pm EST - 314

That's pretty sad considering for about a year, Saturdays have been pretty steady in the 400+ numbers.

The conclusion is

There's no population boom

People are not returning making the game more populated than ever

The server is not bustling with people

Things are not finally changing around

The very last hope is this summer.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

4/14/12 7:09:50 PM#47
Originally posted by Starpower

Saturday 8 pm EST - 314

That's pretty sad considering for about a year, Saturdays have been pretty steady in the 400+ numbers.

The conclusion is

You still haven't posted server populations for other MMOs so while these posts are probably making you feel great while you do your VanguardDoomGloomNanaNanaPooPoo Dance around your room, it still is contextually useless data for the rest of us.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

OP  4/14/12 7:12:08 PM#48
Originally posted by Loktofeit
Originally posted by Starpower

Saturday 8 pm EST - 314

The conclusion is

You still haven't posted server populations for other MMOs so while these posts are probably making you feel great while you do your VanguardDoomGloomNanaNanaPooPoo Dance around your room, it still is contextually useless data for the rest of us.

It's completely irrelevant. This is about trends for Vanguard. Whatever conclusion you want to make out of the headcounts I leave in your hands. If you want to believe VG is doing great compared to other MMOs individual servers then go ahead. It's not really what this count is about hence why your questions are irrelevant and obtuse.

I get that posting the actual numbers is going to hurt some peoples feelings, like yours, making you feel the need to lash out. The truth of the matter is wether I post the numbers or not. The numbers will still be the same. My post doesn't make them go down. So wipe those angry tears away and just enjoy the game for what it is

Xexv

Novice Member

4/14/12 7:31:28 PM#49

I actually enjoy this game and this thread hasn't irritated me as I thought it would've...frankly if more MMOs had this command I think the world would be a better place, there's something rather soothing about a cold hard number that just makes you think 'ah fair enough, let's get on playing then'.

Xexv Xfire Miniprofile
  Dissolution

Novice Member

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

4/15/12 5:24:16 AM#50

While the thread did take a somewhat negative turn their is something to be said about the honest numbers. If you go into Vanguard expecting a bustling population, or given the impression that the population is bustling you will be fustrated. I will say that at least up until the 20's so far getting started, I have always been able to find someone to group with during a play session.

Maybe not the entire play session, maybe not always when I need someone for a particular quest or crawl, but I have been able to play with others every play session if I want to.

This is a great game to start with a signicant other or a friend or two though. There will be times when you will want/need help and it may not be available immdiately.

I wouldnt be too put off with this either. Although the population is smaller, nearly everyone who contributes to the current population (pre-F2P) is mature, friendly and helpful. This I value much more than if the numbers were quadrupled and 3/4 of the population being the opposite.

Alyvian

Guide

4/15/12 1:20:00 PM#51

as of right now, there are 377 people on.

aure12

Apprentice Member

4/16/12 10:37:57 AM#52

I just resubbeed today (char name Aurelios). after playing swtor, rift,eq2... none of these games give me the same feeling that vanguard gives.

The memories of Celestine Ward, doing VT.. some of the most incredible MMO experiences I have had in the last 10 years. Words cannot describe how epic this game is. I hope ftp and plane of fire content update breathe some life into it..... this game is a one of a kind.. life long memories

Dreamion

Novice Member

4/21/12 12:47:39 PM#53

I'll be back!

Adamantine

Advanced Member

War is not the ultima ratio, but the ultima irratio - Willy Brandt

4/23/12 1:48:36 AM#54

Interesting, we are now getting close to the numbers we had last autumn.

Right now I dont have much time to play, though.

Benjola

Novice Member

4/23/12 2:47:51 PM#55

What's the ping on US server playing from Europe?

Also, when does VG goes F2P exactly?

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

OP  4/23/12 2:49:24 PM#56
Originally posted by Benjola

What's the ping on US server playing from Europe?

Also, when does VG goes F2P exactly?

About 200 - 250 here. It's not noticable in the game at all even though It sounds like a lot. No delay or lag

As for F2P. No date is set only that it will happen this summer

Benjola

Novice Member

4/23/12 2:55:18 PM#57

Ok, so it sounds simmilar to Everquest ( Yeah I play EQ,  find me a better MMO and I'll switch heh) , EU servers 30 ping, US ~ 200 and it's not noticable there.

I think I have couple of 50s on Halgar though so not sure where to play when I get back to VG, and I will, fo sho..

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

OP  4/23/12 4:25:09 PM#58
Originally posted by Benjola

Ok, so it sounds simmilar to Everquest ( Yeah I play EQ,  find me a better MMO and I'll switch heh) , EU servers 30 ping, US ~ 200 and it's not noticable there.

I think I have couple of 50s on Halgar though so not sure where to play when I get back to VG, and I will, fo sho..

The highest I've seen on the EU server is about 10 people. Some report as high as 16. I would move my characters if I were you

Dreamion

Novice Member

4/24/12 8:39:15 AM#59

I used to play on EU but moved all of my chars over to the US when it got dry, no hassle!

Sid_Vicious

Novice Member

4/28/12 3:37:51 AM#60

Awesome. Thanks man. I sure as hell aight going to play this game alone. I am having troubles with Darkfall account so until my card is accepted I am playing Vangaurd . ... will be a nice safe break I suppose.

: D

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search