Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,640 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,965
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » So i bought EVE...

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
128 posts found
  tom_gore

Novice Member

12/07/12 7:11:21 AM#41
Originally posted by Malcanis
Then what you regret is a bad lifestyle, not the game.

Exactly my point. EVE was not the culprit here :) You can enjoy a game without neglecting your health and/or RL relationships.

itchmon

Elite Member

12/07/12 7:19:05 AM#42

welcome to the MMO by which you will judge all MMO in the future OP.

that is how good EVE is.  It's like, after you've seen Pulp Fiction, you judge Quentin's other movies based on Pulp Fiction (ok that might just be me)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Iczer

Apprentice Member

I want a world in a sandbox ... not a theme park!

12/07/12 7:24:52 AM#43

EVE for 6 years and counting for me :)

Welcome OP ... do find a corp, ask lots of questions before you join, find one that has interests similar to yours.

GLHF

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

12/07/12 7:44:25 AM#44
Originally posted by tom_gore
Originally posted by Malcanis
Then what you regret is a bad lifestyle, not the game.

Exactly my point. EVE was not the culprit here :) You can enjoy a game without neglecting your health and/or RL relationships.

I dont blame Eve from my heath..I just regret ever subscribing to 4 years of screaming at my moniter etc etc.  Im glad I left 2 years ago..hell these days the frustration would probably kill me..so I cant go back , even if i wanted too.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Fusion

Old School

12/07/12 7:47:30 AM#45
Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

I'll consider these words 1 month from now, if you still play.

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

12/07/12 7:54:12 AM#46
Originally posted by Fusion

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

I'll consider these words 1 month from now, if you still play.

Im curious to see if he is still playing after losing his first cruiser or getting podded for the first time. 

lol Hey OP...  0.4 space is perfectly safe...dont believe all the hype  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Margrave

Advanced Member

12/07/12 7:57:22 AM#47

I always wanted to like eve, and every so often I will download it again for another go. I always end up getting bored, or ticked off over losing a ship. I blame myself really, I'm just not that good in combat. I am one of those impaitent people that skipped the tutorials though. Maybe next time I break down and try it I'll go through those.

I miss Earth and Beyond dangit..... SCREW YOU EA!

rpmcmurphy

Advanced Member

12/07/12 8:14:57 AM#48

Welcome to EvE.  Here's a couple of links to help you on your way.

http://www.evealtruist.com/ - PvP (and general) advice

http://www.agony-unleashed.com/ - These guys run some superb courses/roams, well worth the expense.

PsyMike3d

Apprentice Member

Sorry for my English xD

OP  12/07/12 9:48:30 AM#49
Im curious to see if he is still playing after losing his first cruiser or getting podded for the first time. 

lol Hey OP...  0.4 space is perfectly safe...dont believe all the hype  :)

Well i don't have a problem with those stuff... full loot/perma death etc. in fact i embrace those features :)

I'm a Darkfall Fan so i love the "feeling of danger and loosing/getting stuff" :)

Kiljaedenas

Apprentice Member

To err is human, but to really f*ck things up you need a computer.

12/07/12 6:09:39 PM#50
Originally posted by Hrimnir

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Months? You can be dangerous inside of a week, if you build properly, and that's not with a massive amount of hours spent on it.

Where's the any key?

XxGrimmxX

Advanced Member

12/07/12 6:12:03 PM#51
Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Months? You can be dangerous inside of a week, if you build properly, and that's not with a massive amount of hours spent on it.

lolwut?

Mors.Magne

Advanced Member

12/07/12 6:20:28 PM#52
When DUST 415 comes out in the New Year, Eve should be an even richer game.
  Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

12/07/12 6:27:34 PM#53
Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

lolwut?

Unless your an information officer for the " State Department " ie: Christians in Action and keeping an eye on Goonswarm then a new player to EvE is nothing more then prey or cannon fodder. The long time players know this but still say otherwise.

UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

12/07/12 6:27:41 PM#54
Originally posted by Mors.Magne
When DUST 415 comes out in the New Year, Eve should be an even richer game.

As someone thats beta testing DUST...i seriously hope your right...but doubt it.  The beta was the sorriest excuse for an mmorpg i've ever seen.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

Kiljaedenas

Apprentice Member

To err is human, but to really f*ck things up you need a computer.

12/07/12 6:35:06 PM#55

lolwut?

You can be an effective tackler in a T1 frigate fully self-funded inside of a week, and getting kills (which many have in that situation). It's raw fact.

Where's the any key?

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

12/07/12 6:38:58 PM#56

lolwut?

You can be an effective tackler in a T1 frigate fully self-funded inside of a week, and getting kills (which many have in that situation). It's raw fact.

And what Corperation will pick up a week old player for this to happen, your streching this build in my opion.

Gdemami

Elite Member

12/07/12 6:40:52 PM#57

Originally posted by Elsabolts

And what Corperation will pick up a week old player for this to happen, your streching this build in my opion.

RvB and FW, just from my own experience when playing on fresh toons.

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

12/07/12 6:42:45 PM#58

lolwut?

I know of a rather massive and well known 0.0 corporation that accepts new pilots on their first hour of play, and feels it is silly for other corporations to not accept new players and instead impose SP requirements.

Also in traditional ELSABOLTS style, I am now inserting a picture of a cat which is completely off topic, and irrelevant to anything in the thread.

Cat

El Psy Congroo

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

12/07/12 6:43:48 PM#59
Originally posted by Gdemami

RvB and FW, just from my own experience when playing on fresh toons.

This is not the norm Gdemami and you know it ?

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

12/07/12 6:45:40 PM#60
Originally posted by kadepsyson

lolwut?

I know of a rather massive and well known 0.0 corporation that accepts new pilots on their first hour of play, and feels it is silly for other corporations to not accept new players and instead impose SP requirements.

Also in traditional ELSABOLTS style, I am now inserting a picture of a cat which is completely off topic, and irrelevant to anything in the thread.

Cat

Hoo Ya  LOL i like the picture i may seal it

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search