Trending Games | Swordsman | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,920 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,847
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » So i bought EVE...

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
128 posts found
  kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

12/06/12 10:35:46 PM#21
Originally posted by Salenger
Originally posted by FromHell
the world of MMOs will be changed forever when CCP releases World of Darkness

If they were smarter they could have done it with Dust 514 if they didnt make it PS3 specific. But yeah im expecting big things from WoD as well.

World of Darkness is Wii U specific.

I'm joking of course.

El Psy Congroo

Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

12/06/12 10:42:44 PM#22
Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

Now all you need is at least 1 more account and a good game to play and keep you entertained while you watch...erm... "play" EvE.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

12/06/12 10:53:59 PM#23
Originally posted by Volgore

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

Now all you need is at least 1 more account and a good game to play and keep you entertained while you watch...erm... "play" EvE.

In EVE the PVP combat with its significant consequnces and potential rewards often gets my adrenaline pumping and no other game gives me such a rush.

In WoW, dying in PVP is so inconsequential that even the act of shrugging about it is probably far more expression regarding such an event than is neccessary.

Edit: In this case, the term WoW is interchangable with GW2 and several other themepark mmorpgs.

El Psy Congroo

Mithrandolir

Hard Core Member

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft' might win, by fearing to attempt

12/06/12 11:09:42 PM#24

I've tried so many times to get into this game and have never been able to, yet still I am jealous of those who can. The game is fantastic from what I have seen. I'm a sandbox lover at heart, so I appreciate everything this type of game does. I just can't get a feeling of connection for some reason. I'd like to  blame the whole "I'm a spaceship" thing, but i am not sure that's it. can't put my finger on it, but it's a kick ass open ended universe of freedom, otherwise :)

xDayx

Novice Member

12/06/12 11:11:09 PM#25
Never could immerse myself in being a ship with a portrait only. That and when i flew through a planet. Didnt like how ships are flown and how combat was either. I need a character to play. I personally enjoyed darkfall and mortal online more. But i still support eve in spirit even rhough its not my game. Its pretty geeky to bash any sandbox unless the devs do you wrong.
  VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 11:14:01 PM#26
Find a corp. Assume everything is a scam until you verify otherwise. Good luck!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

PsyMike3d

Advanced Member

Sorry for my English xD

OP  12/07/12 1:14:22 AM#27
Originally posted by theoneandonly
any  good beginers guides?

Well so far, the tutorial is amazing(probably one of the best)

People say its hard to learn the game.... so far i undestand almost everything the tutorial teaches me.... something like "EVE for Dummies" :)

Draron

Novice Member

12/07/12 1:20:22 AM#28
Just picked it back up myself right before the Steam sale ended. It's funny you don't remember what you were missing until you start playing it again.
  kadepsyson

Novice Member

12/07/12 1:28:21 AM#29

People say its hard to learn the game.... so far i undestand almost everything the tutorial teaches me.... something like "EVE for Dummies" :)

Some people experience a certain situation after finishing the tutorials.  They complete them all, and then say to themselves... "Now what?"

If ya get stuck on what to do, things to try, how to do something ask away.  Also, as mentioned above, finding a corporation to join can be a huge benifit.  Find one with a decent amount of active players, and join up.  Even if it doesn't turn out to be the perfect corp of corps, you'll learn what you want to look for next better after that!  And it gives a bit of employment history so you aren't some 3 year old player who has been in an NPC corp the entire 3 years and now wants to join get out you spy!  That kind of thing hehe

El Psy Congroo

hfztt

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 2:39:43 AM#30
Originally posted by Kyleran

Beauty is you can take some time off and even keep your training going if you like while you spend some times in other games.  Some call this a problem with EVE, I call it a feature, it's helped me keep playing for quite some time now.

This, really.

In every other MMO I feel kinda ripped of by the monthly payment, espacially if I for some reason dont end up playing anyways. In EVE I always get at least some skills for my money.

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 2:44:42 AM#31

Welcome to EVE!

It's the only real sandbox MMO out there with a decent playerbase (and while I say decent I mean mostly by the size). I have my gripes with the game, especially the flying model (or lack of it) and the fact that the overview is the biggest immersion killer I've ever seen in any game. Still, there is nothing as massive out there and massive is why I like to play MMOs.

I'm still waiting for a fantasy "EVE" to come out and it seems like I'm in for a long, long wait.

kovah

Advanced Member

DaZeD aNd AmUsEd

12/07/12 2:49:12 AM#32
Originally posted by VassagoMael
Find a corp. Assume everything is a scam until you verify otherwise. Good luck!

This.  Plus the Golden Rule: "Do not fly what you cannot afford to lose."  Basically, if it will wreck your wallet if it blows up, don't undock in it.

Welcome to EVE.  Enjoy your stay.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Fly Safe,

o7

WolfHaart

Novice Member

"Why are humans destined to meet those who will become important to them?"

12/07/12 2:57:43 AM#33

I would first like to say, Welcome to EVE.

I've been playing it on and off for some years now. Mostly for the reason alot of people take up when disliking EVE, that it gets booring really fast since it's so time consuming and "dull", or whatnot.

But I always find myself loning back to EVE everytime I stop playing, I do love EVE and it's greatness.

But enouth of that. -hehe-

I'm glad that you enjoy it so far, and I know that you will enjoy it even more if you connect to the people playing it. I find EVE's community to be one of the best out there, in my experience. Sure there are alot of scumbags and such, but name a game that doesnt have those. I find the EVE players really helpfull and I dont have to feel stupid when asking something. -hehe-

Anyways, enjoy your stay and fly safe capsuleer.

o7

Malcanis

Novice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

12/07/12 5:58:19 AM#34

heh I think you're gonna do well.

What time zone are you? If you're EU or close, shoot me a mail in game.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

12/07/12 6:02:45 AM#35
  To each their own i guess OP..I regret wasting 4 years of my life on EVE.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 6:46:09 AM#36
Originally posted by apocoluster

I bet you hated every moment and wish you were pumping iron in the gym instead like all those "WoW ruined my life, look at me now" people posting their videos on the interwebz?

apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

12/07/12 6:55:48 AM#37
Originally posted by tom_gore
Originally posted by apocoluster

I bet you hated every moment and wish you were pumping iron in the gym instead like all those "WoW ruined my life, look at me now" people posting their videos on the interwebz?

KInda...high blood pressure, bad cholestorol, at risk for diabetes....I so wish I wasn't  a lazy gamer at times.  In retrospect..those 4 years on eve were enjoyed while doing them...its afterwards in the here and now I regret it  lol

Malcanis

Novice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

12/07/12 6:57:26 AM#38
Then what you regret is a bad lifestyle, not the game.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

bubaluba

Novice Member

12/07/12 7:03:03 AM#39
Welcome :)
  apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

12/07/12 7:10:13 AM#40
Originally posted by Malcanis
Then what you regret is a bad lifestyle, not the game.

Yes, I regret bad decisions Ive made..but I also regret giving CCP $740..once again after the fact.  At the time it seemed well spent,  Atleast I was able to salvage $300 though from my character sale. 

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search