Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,036 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,338
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » EVE Online F2P

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search
165 posts found
  Hazelle

Novice Member

12/18/12 1:17:54 PM#161
Originally posted by korent1991
Originally posted by Hazelle
Originally posted by Wraithone
Originally posted by Hazelle
Originally posted by Rydeson
Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Rydeson

Do tell me how a PvE server would destroy EVE.. This should be entertaining.. A PvE seperate of your normal server has NO effect on your gameplay whatsoever.. NONE, ZILTCH..  If you are worried that many players will LEAVE your server to play on a non PvP one that is a different issue all together..  But the mechancis of a PvE server would have NO effect.. In fact I bet it would increase the number of subs.. 

EVE was designed to have a single server, that is how the game is supposed to work and how it works.

PVE server simply makes no sense.

That doesn't answer my question..  EVE currently sits at about 250-300k subs I think on one PvP server.. So if EVE was to start a new PvE server, how does that effect your PvP server of 300k people..... Other then thousands of people defecting to the new server.. Is that what you're truely worried about?  That thousands of PvE minded people that are EASY targets on the PvP server  will leave to a safer playground where ganking and bounties is not available?   Sure sounds like it to me..  So it's not really about saving EVE, as much as it's saving YOUR fun on easy prey?   Lets me honest here..

Your entire premise is faulty - there is no such thing as easy prey in eve online.  Eve is far safer than a game like world of warcraft in terms of being ganked.

There are many factors to consider before you attack a player in eve's high security space and most of them are based on risk Vs. reward or potencial gain vs. expected loss; which oddly enough, are the exact same factors that all players consider before they leave a station and embark on any activity.

It's not necessary for a PvE server since there are controls in place to prevent a mass murdering serial killer that don't exist in typical PvE games.

Odd... Then the Goonies must operate on a differenht "risk vs reward" system... ^^ Given their hulk smashing sprees in high sec, and other antics, its not nearly as safe as one of WoW's PvE servers... ^^ 

I've never met one and if I was in a hulk I'd be aligned and at the keyboard... which means that if i don't want to pew pew with that scarey goon of yours I don't have to but it would be interesting to have that happen because normally I didn't see anything but other boring old hulks, but then I wouldn't be in a hulk - I'd be in a CNR running missions and a pretty boring fitted one at that so I'd probably not be a target.  Odd isn't it?  I'd share space with the terrible goons of yours and they'd not attack me at all.

How about you go flag yourself and stand outside a popular hub in wow and see how many times you're ganked and see what you can do to avoid it except not flagging yourself?  Did you know that a flagging system is a part of wows PvE servers?

Much safer in eve online.

that's one of the top 5 nonsences I've heard :D

EVE online is known for hostile enviroment... You can't trust anyone there. Even if you're mining in the high sectors (0.9 or more) you can't be safe there as well... There's always someone who's already scanning you and waits to see if you are alone there so he can nuke you fast and get out with the loot...

Whenever I went mining I always had 2 friends watching my back (usually in mid sectors). In low sectors there were even more than 3 sometimes, depending what we were mining and how many of us went... But the chances are wherever you are in the EVE universe, someone already scanned you and is heading your way to nuke your ass.

High security space can't stop a player who knows how to do a quick nuke and where to start from... While I was still playing EVE, I saw people reporting alot of high sec ganks and it's was not so odd to see somoene being killed in high-sec sector. You always have to be careful in eve...

Please, don't emberass yourself further by comparing EVE to WOW open world PVP. xD

I played off and on for 5 years and much of that time was mining and I never one lost a ship.

Not once did I lose a ship in your "hostile" game.

Your perception of eve is different from my reality of eve, but then you'd have to actually play eve online to understand that and your post suggests that you never have since you don't need people to watch your back - you just need to watch local.

Pin_Cushion

Novice Member

12/18/12 1:28:12 PM#162

Actively mining in an out of the way system, and warping off if someone you don't know lands on grid (especially in a combat ship) = Safe, Cozy Snoozefest

AFK mining in a crowded, bot-infested, high-traffic system = "Gank Me Please"

Never lost a single ship while mining.  Mining is incredibly safe.  It just isn't completely safe.  Rule 1 of EvE isn't "Don't Trust Anyone."  Rule 1 is "Don't Trust EVERYONE!"  It's why people lock their doors, even though they trust their neighbors.

Kiljaedenas

Novice Member

To err is human, but to really f*ck things up you need a computer.

12/21/12 6:36:00 PM#163
Originally posted by dave6660
Originally posted by tom_gore

Wow this debate is still going on and I see the only ones vouching for F2P or PvE servers are those who have not played EVE or have no clue how the economy in it works.

Of course no one of us knows what would happen to EVE if it went F2P or introduced a PvE server. I would, however, wager some money that it would ultimately lose CCP more money than it would bring.

You may disagree, but at least my opinion is based on actually playing EVE.

Having played the game for almost 6 years, I'd have to state that I seriously doubt that EVE will ever have a PvE server.  It conflicts with CCP's one universe ideology, and also the fact that they are hard core PvP types.  The only exception has been the Chinese cluster (and that for obvious reasons...). 

But the fact remains that it would be entirely possible to run a game like EVE in terms of PvE. The graphics, missions and collecting battleships kept me busy for almost 6 years.  But again, I doubt its ever going to happen. 

In 6 years of play, how many mission ships have you lost due to unwanted PvP?  Let's be realistic, it's very easy to avoid PvP in high sec if you know what you're doing.  I feel no sympathy for players who insist on running missions in their faction fit CNR while their corp is war decced and there's reds in system.

Zero. I never left high sec, and I was only attacked twice in all that time. Each time by some nut case who attacked one of my battleships (Raven, Rokh) in a frig, in high sec, and was nuked by Concord.  As I've mentioned, one of my hobbies was collecting battleships. The vast majority of which stayed docked.  They are too damn expensive to risk.  But I have some great screen shots from that time. ^^ I stayed with SWA because NPC corps can't be war dec'ed.

Yeah, don't think I've ever been ganked either in hisec except one time where I was dumb and fired back on a can flipper in a mission, and then his friends showed up. I remember one time I was sitting outside the Jita station in an empty hauler and some dude in a frigate started firing on me (my corp wasn't at war at the time). Suffice to say, he came down with a serious case of CONCORDOKKEN, and I was thinking "WTF are you doing you twit?" He barely made a dent in my shields.

If you play your cards right hisec is quite safe. Just pay attention to what is going on.

Where's the any key?

dave6660

Advanced Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

12/22/12 3:50:15 AM#164

Wow this debate is still going on and I see the only ones vouching for F2P or PvE servers are those who have not played EVE or have no clue how the economy in it works.

Of course no one of us knows what would happen to EVE if it went F2P or introduced a PvE server. I would, however, wager some money that it would ultimately lose CCP more money than it would bring.

Having played the game for almost 6 years, I'd have to state that I seriously doubt that EVE will ever have a PvE server.  It conflicts with CCP's one universe ideology, and also the fact that they are hard core PvP types.  The only exception has been the Chinese cluster (and that for obvious reasons...). 

But the fact remains that it would be entirely possible to run a game like EVE in terms of PvE. The graphics, missions and collecting battleships kept me busy for almost 6 years.  But again, I doubt its ever going to happen. 

In 6 years of play, how many mission ships have you lost due to unwanted PvP?  Let's be realistic, it's very easy to avoid PvP in high sec if you know what you're doing.  I feel no sympathy for players who insist on running missions in their faction fit CNR while their corp is war decced and there's reds in system.

Zero. I never left high sec, and I was only attacked twice in all that time. Each time by some nut case who attacked one of my battleships (Raven, Rokh) in a frig, in high sec, and was nuked by Concord.  As I've mentioned, one of my hobbies was collecting battleships. The vast majority of which stayed docked.  They are too damn expensive to risk.  But I have some great screen shots from that time. ^^ I stayed with SWA because NPC corps can't be war dec'ed.

Then I don't see why you would want a PvE server?  You're happy running missions in high sec, others are happy killing each other in low sec and null sec.  A PvE server is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

12/22/12 12:16:20 PM#165

Then I don't see why you would want a PvE server?  You're happy running missions in high sec, others are happy killing each other in low sec and null sec.  A PvE server is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

I wasn't the one who wanted a PvE server... ^^ I've also stated that its not practical and that its HIGHLY unlikely given CCP's rabid pro PvP slant. 

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search