Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,342 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,965
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » I have been a big opponent of this game for years but...

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
52 posts found
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

12/05/12 4:49:51 AM#41
Originally posted by hfztt
Originally posted by Gdemami

CCP is failing to deliver since 2008...

Nah. CCP failed to deliver 2008-2011.

The last 1½ year has been pure win. Actaully fixing stuff that has needed fixing since 2003.

From now on they need to start adding large new content though, or it will start being an issue that they only fix things that are broken.

Apocrypha was fantastic and that was the Summer 2009.

Winter 2009-Summer 2011 was the dead zone for expansions IMO, with Winter 2011's Crucible getting us back on track.

Looking back, it's incredible to think how much the game has improved since the low-point of Incarna.

PS Don't worry about Gdemami, he just hates whatever everyone else likes. I think he just likes being angry. I'm also fairly sure it's a while since he's actually undocked.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Malcanis

Advanced Member

12/05/12 4:55:04 AM#42
Originally posted by zomard100
Originally posted by Zeppelin4
War Decs keep me from coming back to Eve. I get in a new small corp and were having fun then bam war dec by some 50 year vet and we die and or people quit. What fun :( This has happen each time I have come back. I stopped coming back.

You must be a very ''bad'' person in game or a fearsome pvp guy. My small corp was never wd in few years and we do some random pvp. Can't see other reason to be wd from some big corp

The lesson here is, don't join "small new" corps until you're able to defend yourself. Join large, well-established corps that can help you.

sadeyx

Novice Member

12/05/12 5:06:56 AM#43

Even with their failed WiS expansion,  Eve has grown its subscription base year on year. 2011 was the only year where that growth slowed.  But it was still growth.

This is something that no other mmo does, with only one exception.  Even the most obnoxcious opposer must conceed this point.

So I guess the reason why people are reacting negativly to the OP's post is because he claims that he has been an opponent of Eve.    He doesnt say why, only that this single feature has reversed his entire opinion,   which pretty much destroys his own credability.

Whatever reasons you were opposed to Eve, most people imagine that they were probably thoughtless, baseless misconceptions steeped in ignorance.

Eve Online is a historically significant game that was incredibly awesome many many years before they fixed this one issue.  Just a shame you were too short sighted to see it before now.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

12/05/12 5:20:11 AM#44

To be fair, lack of a viable bounty system was a gaping wound in the hi-sec game.

But who the hell "opposes" a game? I don't "oppose" WoW or TOR; I just don't play them.

But then again, given the number of people who come to this forum just to keep us up to date on how much they don't like EVE, I guess the OP isn't the only one who "opposes" EVE.

hfztt

Hard Core Member

12/05/12 5:29:33 AM#45
Originally posted by Malcanis

Apocrypha was fantastic and that was the Summer 2009.

Aye.

But Apocrypha was a big appology to the players for 2008. It was a response to players being unhappy about the direction and content CCP had been delivering.

And tbh much of the the content of that expansion was half cooked. Sure wormholes are fun, but if you step back and look at it its clear it was never finished, but just released.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

12/05/12 5:53:15 AM#46

The thing about Apocrypha was that it introduced a whole new way to play the game, and we only get those every 2-3 years.

Anyway, apparently CCP have decided to move to an alternating new stuff focus/fix stuff focus expansion model, which is absolutely fine by me. Retribution is effectively a "new stuff" expansion because the previous bounty system was barely more than a post it note with "To do: develop bounty hunting" written on it.

A characteristic it shared with quite a few other features in EVE...

Anyway I'm hoping to hell that the summer 13 expansion is the one where they fix Sov 0.0 because jesus christ that's long overdue.

hfztt

Hard Core Member

12/05/12 6:06:51 AM#47

Anyway I'm hoping to hell that the summer 13 expansion is the one where they fix Sov 0.0 because jesus christ that's long overdue.

I would agree if I did not live in a wormhole. But I do.

So fixing the POS systems seems more important to me.

Rocketeer

Advanced Member

12/05/12 11:12:13 AM#48

I would agree if I did not live in a wormhole. But I do.

So fixing the POS systems seems more important to me.

Word. Some people think POS has some funny double meaning, the way it is atm, it does not.

Gdemami

Elite Member

12/06/12 3:40:51 AM#49

Originally posted by zeropride

lol guess you didnt see the Minmatar whine in the threads. The rifter is usless, stabber can only bump and the rupture is no longer godly. Also the catalyst is taking over the thrashers spot cuz that redic deeps.

From RvB killboard, 1275 kill mails in period of about 2.5 day:

Out of 143 destroyers, 113 were Thrashers.

What data do you use, please?

Gdemami

Elite Member

12/06/12 3:56:19 AM#50

The last 1½ year has been pure win. Actaully fixing stuff that has needed fixing since 2003.

From now on they need to start adding large new content though, or it will start being an issue that they only fix things that are broken.

CCP reported their low point of 340k subscribers in December 2011.

They are still no way near to what last successful expansion - Incursion, brought up.

Incarna, Crucible, Inferno - none of them was able to break the trend of losing/no growth subscribers so you might like recent expansion personally, majority disagree with you tho.

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

12/06/12 4:04:15 AM#51
Originally posted by Gdemami

CCP reported their low point of 340k subscribers in December 2012.

They are still no way near to what last successful expansion - Incursion, brought up.

Incarna, Crucible, Inferno - none of them was able to break the trend of losing/no growth subscribers so you might like recent expansion personally, majority disagree with you tho.

I think you're trying too hard to discredit the game.

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

Gdemami

Elite Member

12/06/12 4:08:02 AM#52

Originally posted by BizkitNL

I think you're trying too hard to discredit the game.

How so?

I only laid out verifiable facts. It is up to each own to interpret them.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search