Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,525 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,224
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » How necessary is it to have multiple accounts?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  Kiljaedenas

Novice Member

11/20/12 10:28:51 PM#21
Originally posted by Eleazaros

You can but it will hinder play outside of highsec based activities.

I recently had a set of conversations on this topic with some folks - whenever you phrase it as 'needed' they immediately start reversing statements they've made about how essential it is to have them -- probe alt incase a wormhole you live in closes while doing a supply run, point scout alt to run gates for you prior to bringing a big ship through, cyno alt for capital pilots to move about, etc.

The bulk of your single-account holders stay in highsec and if you read many of the complaints from other "dangerous" parts of the game about highsec, the only way a good portion of them they really make sense is based upon the assumption that the bulk of the players have these multiple accounts.

It is kind of odd that a game designed for 1 character to do any and everything is so heavily loaded with multiple account holders like this but multiple accounts has been the shift in this game for quite some time.

I've found the exact opposite in terms of necessity. Instead of "alt" put "corp mate". I've lived in hisec, nullsec and wormhole space; proper coordination and planning between our members eliminated the need for me personally to get alts.

Eleazaros

Novice Member

11/20/12 10:39:55 PM#22
Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

I recently had a set of conversations on this topic with some folks - whenever you phrase it as 'needed' they immediately start reversing statements they've made about how essential it is to have them -- probe alt incase a wormhole you live in closes while doing a supply run, point scout alt to run gates for you prior to bringing a big ship through, cyno alt for capital pilots to move about, etc.

The bulk of your single-account holders stay in highsec and if you read many of the complaints from other "dangerous" parts of the game about highsec, the only way a good portion of them they really make sense is based upon the assumption that the bulk of the players have these multiple accounts.

It is kind of odd that a game designed for 1 character to do any and everything is so heavily loaded with multiple account holders like this but multiple accounts has been the shift in this game for quite some time.

I've found the exact opposite in terms of necessity. Instead of "alt" put "corp mate". I've lived in hisec, nullsec and wormhole space; proper coordination and planning between our members eliminated the need for me personally to get alts.

You are actually more an exception than the rule from what I've bumped into in my 3 years of play.

The discussion came up about this and I bluntly asked about it... "I know folks in my alliance" (nullsec).  So I asked a few more questions and what it came down too - they could easily list 20+ people with multiple accounts but couldn't remember the name of even 1 that had a single account.

Doing so with a WH guy - he couldn't give even a single name of a person he knew who had 1 account but he was sure there as one in his corp.

etc...

I'm not doubting you on your experience.  EVE is a large place yet from the players I've seen come into this game, the ones that still have 1 account after 6 months activity are very few and only 3 that I know of went to "dangerous space" -- of them, on 1 still had 1 account after a year.  The others found they needed extras.

Komandor

Novice Member

11/21/12 3:42:40 AM#23
Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

I also noticed that.

Keep on rockin'!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search