Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,844 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,431
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Game Suggestions » Development Cycle

3 posts found
  SirAgravaine

Apprentice Member

"From my rotting body flowers shall grow, and I am in them and that is eternity." -Edvard Munch

OP  12/03/11 2:34:12 PM#1

Unfortunately I cannot post this on the CCP/EVE Online forums, if someone with an active account could relay this message it may be considered by the dvelopment team.

My Game Suggestion is to model the EVE Online development cycle after Intel's "Tick Tock" model.

CCP could determine the cycle length with Ticks being tweaks, refinements and balancing to existing content (Crucible) and Tocks being new content (Incarna). My recommendation is to develop around a 3-month cycle, with Ticks and Tocks separated respectively from other Ticks and Tocks by 6 months. This gives the CCP a focused approach to development of content without leaving systems broken or half-done. I recommend they split their development team into two teams, each developing around either a Tick or Tock goal. Every twelve months they could rotate their teams to maintain a fresh atmosphere of ideas and prevent stagnation of the creative process.

wr036

Apprentice Member

12/03/11 2:47:11 PM#2

CCP currently uses Agile development which is an iterative approach to software development. While Intel's "Tick Tock" method is great for their hardware development, software development is a different beast. People like a constant stream of new features, which is what Agile is great at doing.

If you're looking to address a problem with "broken content", this approach won't solve the issue either. CCP engineers would have to choose which features to fix, which would (hopefully) reflect a fix that is in high demand by the playerbase. This is basically what Agile implements through User Stories; requests for features that come from an end user.

Komandor

Apprentice Member

4/07/12 4:02:11 PM#3

Didn't know about that wr306.

Keep on rockin'!