Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,022 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,951
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Game Suggestions » I'm to far behind

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  kishe

Apprentice Member

firefighter lvl90

1/15/11 6:28:18 PM#21

What people dont realise is that player with 20-30 million skillpoints isnt neccesarily any stronger than player with 5 million skillpoints. Its the ship & gear that matters and by spending your skillpoints wisely, you can use top notch gear with 5 million skillpoints and hold your own in pvp.

and once you get good corp, getting that top notch gear isnt problem. Most bigger corps gear their own members.

Ikeda

Elite Member

1/15/11 6:28:27 PM#22

No pity.  I played Eve, I liked it.  But ultimately I moved on.  To be honest, if you're crying because you're starting a game later than someone else then WELCOME TO LIFE!  In the real world, you're born years later, you obviously can't WTF pwn people who are older than you.  Imagine a kindergardener taking on a senior in high school...

I swear... why do people DEMAND this coddling garbage...

EDIT:  Crap!  I fell for someone necro'ing an old as heck thread...

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

Cecropia

Gumshoe

Poacher killer.

1/15/11 6:30:53 PM#23

NVM, please delete.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

flydowntome

Novice Member

1/15/11 6:32:42 PM#24
Originally posted by kishe

What people dont realise is that player with 20-30 million skillpoints isnt neccesarily any stronger than player with 5 million skillpoints. Its the ship & gear that matters and by spending your skillpoints wisely, you can use top notch gear with 5 million skillpoints and hold your own in pvp.

and once you get good corp, getting that top notch gear isnt problem. Most bigger corps gear their own members.

Problem is that it takes a bit to get the SP decent enough to fly things that most corps want. They made it better by removing learning skills, but training stuff to be able to T2 fit things takes a long while. T2 is becoming the standard fit for most things, because high meta stuff is so expensive.

Stuff like you say is really not the point, the point is in how long it takes to get 5-10 mill SP to become useful as little more than blob dps or disposable tackling.

Herodes

Novice Member

Consumer

1/15/11 6:32:52 PM#25

Look for a big Alliance where you can hide as a Hardcore player > take a skill to level > read forums > vote for EVE as best Game ever > buy Plexes

miagisan

Novice Member

1/15/11 6:33:59 PM#26
Originally posted by aleos

this is the funniest shit i've ever read.

edit: almost..

+1

Muke

Hard Core Member

1/15/11 6:38:25 PM#27
Originally posted by Soulreaverrr

My corp leader has been playing for 5 years. WIll i Ever match his ability i feel so left out. its not fair no matter how hard i work i still cant beat him or thousands of others just because they have payed more money than me.

I know i could out smart many of those but it dosent matter still i am defeated by a broken game system (i pitty eve when FOA (force of arms) comes out.

hey, I play since beta and I dont pay for my subs at all anymore.....so you could beat me then.

btw, either read up on EVE before comparing the skillsystem to WOW  or thumbs up 3/10 for fooling me into a troll thread.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

DevilXaphan

Novice Member

Bringing teal to your lives since 1998.

1/15/11 6:38:29 PM#28
Originally posted by flydowntome
Originally posted by kishe

Problem is that it takes a bit to get the SP decent enough to fly things that most corps want. They made it better by removing learning skills, but training stuff to be able to T2 fit things takes a long while. T2 is becoming the standard fit for most things, because high meta stuff is so expensive.

Stuff like you say is really not the point, the point is in how long it takes to get 5-10 mill SP to become useful as little more than blob dps or disposable tackling.

Wrong, you can get T2 ship training and gear fit in a month. Hell you can get into a Drake with T2 launcher mods and ammo in that amoumt of time.

Komandor

Apprentice Member

2/03/11 9:02:38 AM#29

Those who are complaining they are "far behind" - are you playing the game to be "The Best" or powergaming, or are you there to have fun? If it's the latter, then it shouldn't matter how far behind you are.

Keep on rockin'!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search