Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,353 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,052
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Game Suggestions » Where Eve falls short

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
71 posts found
  dragonbrand

Novice Member

12/23/10 10:59:31 AM#61
Originally posted by Deleted User

Game is too focused on PVP. Tried it from 2003-2007 on and off and just cant get into it, just like the recent poll says::

Which is more important in an MMO, PvE or PvP?

PvP focus with a little PvE (15.1%)

PvP ( 5.3%)

PvE (18.0%)

PvE focus with a little PvP (37.5%)

Equal Parts PvE and PvP (24.1%)

Based on 773 votes.

Is and was true . . . but for 20% of the responders EVE is a great game.

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

Komandor

Apprentice Member

1/05/11 12:07:18 PM#62
Originally posted by dragonbrand

Game is too focused on PVP. Tried it from 2003-2007 on and off and just cant get into it, just like the recent poll says::

PvP ( 5.3%)

PvE (18.0%)

Based on 773 votes.

Is and was true . . . but for 20% of the responders EVE is a great game.

Too true!

Keep on rockin'!

CasualGamer

Apprentice Member

7/04/11 9:55:08 PM#63

EVE falls short where most MMOs fall short, the game becomes all about SP, HP and owning uber virtual stuff. We have already seen in recent years a trend in single player video games towards more story driven gameplay (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Heavy Rain, LA Noir, to name a few)  and yet MMOs tend to be stuck in the grind for high level characters and elite ingame items for no other purpose but to kill more difficult enemies in order to...Have a higher level character with more elite ingame items, ad naseum. If the EVE universe was more dynamic, if there was more ebb & flow, more emphasis towards being part of an ongoing story, then there wouldn't be all this outrage over bots, pay to win ingame items, nerfed ships and modules, or the fact that you never quite seem to have enough SP or an uber enough of a ship to do what you want in EVE.

Nerf09

Novice Member

7/16/11 10:51:53 AM#64

PvP ( 5.3%)

PvE (18.0%)

Based on 773 votes.

That poll is based on the assumption that the game you are playing is a WOW clone where it takes months and years to grind for your gear.  There is nothing fun about getting ganked and having to spend a month of grinding to get your ship back, nothing fun at all about it.

But if you reduce the grind time considerably then everyone will love to PVP.

eddieg50

Apprentice Member

7/16/11 10:59:14 AM#65
Originally posted by Tadamitsu
Originally posted by avalon1000

I am not a PVP person either...but here's the thing that would make this game killer...

Let us go to worlds...get out of the ship and explore (and maybe quest).  I played the trial version of Eve and was dismayed to learn I could not leave my ship (although I understand now that one can go into the stations?).  

nope

no planets no stations

its all about life in a pod

Agreed it is an empty game , It is like a chat room and occasionally you send out your ship in order to do boring PvE missions or fly around space trying to find PvP action , most people have no idea what they are doiing , if you want to join a corp which helps you then you have to wait in  line for 10 hours . the tutorial is helpfull somewhat but very boring. Just remember "in space no one can hear you scream" in Eve space "no one can hear you"

User Deleted
7/16/11 11:17:38 AM#66

I never played Eve. But it wasn't because I thought it was a bad game. I read a lot about it. I bet if you gave IQ tests to the gamers of all the various games that the players of Eve would score on top. It's like chess compared to checkers. I don't like chess because for me it is too slow and requires so much study. But all the good chess players I meet are very smart people. Eve seems to me from the great deal I have read about it to be a game for thinkers,not twitchers. I realize that I am on thin ice stating an opinion of a game I have never played. I also have never eaten haggis, but have a strong opinion against eating oatmeal boiled in a sheep's belly. To each there own.

CasualGamer

Apprentice Member

7/16/11 5:04:45 PM#67

I was attracted to EVE because I am a big fan of Sci-Fi. However EVE's gameplay barely supports it's own lore and the storyline is basically superficial fluff. Mass Effect, albeit a single player game, is a mucher richer universe to play in as you have a solid story and interesting characters. Actions seem to have purpose in Mass Effect as oppose to EVE which is just one vicious circle of obtaining and losing stuff over and over again for the sake of itself.

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

I am here to chew bubblegum and to kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

7/16/11 5:16:09 PM#68
Originally posted by eddieg50

I am not a PVP person either...but here's the thing that would make this game killer...

Let us go to worlds...get out of the ship and explore (and maybe quest).  I played the trial version of Eve and was dismayed to learn I could not leave my ship (although I understand now that one can go into the stations?).  

nope

no planets no stations

Agreed it is an empty game , It is like a chat room and occasionally you send out your ship in order to do boring PvE missions or fly around space trying to find PvP action , most people have no idea what they are doiing , if you want to join a corp which helps you then you have to wait in  line for 10 hours . the tutorial is helpfull somewhat but very boring. Just remember "in space no one can hear you scream" in Eve space "no one can hear you"

Want to be a person not a starship? Want to have a crew that consists of other players who actually have things to do besides sit in gunner positions? Want to fight, explore, craft, mine, run cargo, gather chemical samples from planets? Want to colonize and control solar systems in a huge open world? Do you want your actions to make a lasting impression on the Universe? Do you want more than what is being offered by the AAA companies? Then you really need to checkout http://www.starquestonline.net 30 day free trial and I will answer any questions you have, or train you myself. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

eddieg50

Apprentice Member

7/16/11 11:17:39 PM#69
Originally posted by TruthXHurts
Originally posted by eddieg50

nope

no planets no stations

Want to be a person not a starship? Want to have a crew that consists of other players who actually have things to do besides sit in gunner positions? Want to fight, explore, craft, mine, run cargo, gather chemical samples from planets? Want to colonize and control solar systems in a huge open world? Do you want your actions to make a lasting impression on the Universe? Do you want more than what is being offered by the AAA companies? Then you really need to checkout http://www.starquestonline.net 30 day free trial and I will answer any questions you have, or train you myself. 

downloading it now thanks

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

I am here to chew bubblegum and to kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

7/16/11 11:31:04 PM#70

Sweet. It's a small community so we can always use some fresh meat... i mean blood... I mean faces. I strongly suggest you rad some of the new player gyuides on the forums because there really isn't much of a tutorial. If you're interested in joining the Alliance Military Faction I can get you on board a ship tomorrow, and start your training.  My name is Legion in game.

Here's a link to the FAQ threads... http://forum.starquestonline.net/forumdisplay.php?20-FAQ

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

DLangley

Novice Member

7/16/11 11:35:55 PM#71

Please do not necro post in old threads. Locked.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search