Trending Games | Pirate101 | EverQuest | Elder Scrolls Online | Moonrise

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,465 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,724
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » EVE Guides, Tools & Tips

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  User Deleted
5/07/09 2:04:27 PM#21

Edit: Added whitespace.... stupid wysiwig editor.

1) Replacing ships

When replacing (or buying for the first time) your ship buy spares of the components you normally fit on it. I recommend doubling up. This way when your ship gets destroyed you ALREADY have the fittings for a new one. Take those fittings back to your hangar at your headquarters. Keep them there.

2) Shopping

While it may seem like a wise thing to "save money" by shopping only the lowest prices in a region that isn't actually the most effective way to shop in EVE unless you get lucky and find an absolute STEAL on an item. Why? Because TIME is money in EVE. If you're spending 3 hours to run around to buy the cheapest item in region just to save a few thousand credits over all you could have run several missions in that time and actually made more money than you saved in the first place. I recommend learning where the market hub closest to you. Here are a few: Jita, Hek, Rens, Amarr, Oursalaert, Dodixie

There are others too... learn where the one nearest you is and do most of your shopping there. Only leave that shopping hub if you find a REALLY good deal somewhere or if you can't get something you need there.

See #1: If you find a really good deal on an item you use in your fits, especially if you use it for multiple ships, buy several and keep them at your base.

3) Corp not online: Either join a larger corp or, more importantly, join a corp who's players are generally online when you are. This is key to having fun in EVE. While your fun shouldn't center around what others can do for you it IS important to be able to have people to talk to, play with, chat with, etc online when you are. Otherwise you may as well be playing a single player game. Also make sure you are joining a corp that does what they say they do. If they're just taking you on missions then they're not teaching you Faction Warfare at all but are just running missions. Time to find another corp.

4) Finding targets: Use the map... it's your friend. If you know where most faction warfare takes place open up your map and check "# of users in local", "# of kills in last hour" and "number of jumps in last hour" these stats combined with your map will tell you where targets are most likely to be (they can also tell you where pirates are likely at as well). Once you know where the badguys are you can join a fleet (or form one) and head off to kill them. Until you know the game fairly well I recommend against trying to go solo too much.

5) Your ship is your home.... unless you need to switch ships or get blown up you really don't NEED to "go home" in EVE. Live in your ship. If you are 40 jumps away from your base just dock up and call it a day if it's time to quit for the day. It's no big deal, you'll eventually wind up back there again or have a need to go there sooner or later. Don't be affraid to have multiple 'bases' either. I think I currently have ships stashed in about 15 different systems in EVE in all 4 empires... and a couple out in 0.0 somewhere ;)

6) Keep your clone updated ;)

7) Jump clones: If you haven't already then take the time to train infomorph psychology to at LEAST level 3 (it takes no time at all) and get some jump clones. Either by doing missions to get your standing to 8+ with a corporation that has stations with cloning services or by having one of your corpmates recommend someone who has a mothership or rorqual who will let you stage jump clones and then move them around by jumping to his ship. There are also corps that will allow you to join temporarily just so you can install a jump clone in high-sec. I highly recommend jump clones as a means of quickly joining folks on the other side of the galaxy (mind you, you need to have a jump clone there FIRST in order to jump to it). Ask your corp mates about jump clones... if they don't know the answer.... you really need to find a new corp :)

Good luck and hope this helps!

Also, if you're not alread:

1) Get EVEmon

2) Get the EVE Fitting Tool

(You can google for both of them)

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

9/01/09 2:21:21 PM#22

If you really want to learn more about wormholes and life in wormhole space, this guide is a really great place to start.

www.fiercewebs.com/arcdragon/EverythingWormhole.pdf

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

9/10/09 4:46:36 PM#23

Also, since I just realized I wasn't current, here's the new extended version 3.0 of the Comprehensive Miners Guide with good tips on Mfg as well.

www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

VforVavavoom

Novice Member

9/12/09 2:34:10 PM#24

Thanks
Allot of useful stuff here

Rodentofdoom

Novice Member

9/18/09 3:33:05 PM#25

theres a pretty good tanking guide that can be found

here

Bandit666

Novice Member

3/27/10 4:00:27 AM#26

I got this Eve isk guide a while back and it helped me out a lot. Not sure what you guys think of paid guides tho, but it is worth checking out.

cosy

Newshound

EvE Rules #491 you should never, ever attack Russians on winter months

6/04/10 1:42:15 PM#27

i got this from eve-o forums

==========
You will die.

A lot.

And once you get good at things and understand how the game works, you will end up getting wtfbbqpwnzored by 2 people in frigates, and your battleship will be burning with you inside. They will demand you hand over more isk than you have in your virtual wallet, and you will realize that, in fact, you still know nothing about this game.

You will never win this game.

This isn’t a “win” game. There is no level 80. There is no set of achievements except the ones your set for yourself.

You aren’t safe. Anywhere. Period. PvP occurs in stations too. It is called The Market. You might not die, but your wallet could easily disappear.

You fit your ship wrong. Again. That’s right, you always will. “My Punisher killed that Rifter! This is certainly the right fit. No wait, how did that Coercer kill me? I need to refit…”

Check your directional.

Check your local.

That Maller is a trap.

Warp stabilizers might save you today. They won’t tomorrow, and probably won’t ever again.

Inject your skillbook before you leave the station. Neo didn’t learn Kung-Fu by having it sit in his usb drive.

Bookmark everything. ESPECIALLY when you jump into a wormhole. This includes where you came into the wormhole. Because when you are busy scanning and a HAC targets your Arbitrator, you will be in a pod. And then you will have a really interesting time getting out of WH space.

Keyboards are destructible. Much more so when used as a projectile.

Don’t fly it if you can’t fit it. That being said, DON’T FLY IT IF YOU CAN’T FIT IT. And the same goes for affordability.

That mentally challenged fellow there in local chat calling you names? He’s not mentally challenged. Nor is he forgiving when he finds you.

Pods pop easily.

Concord delivers swift justice, especially for your mistakes, like targeting friendly pods and clicking the wrong action.

You can do anything: Manufacture, explore, trade, pvp, mine, lead a corporation, lead an alliance, wage wars, pirate, transport, be a part of factional warfare, and I’m sure there is more I am leaving out. You can become virtually rich, and you can lose it all.

PD:EvEisNot4WoWkids
BestSigEver :P

Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

8/30/10 4:23:57 AM#28

This is just the most incredible EVE manual I have ever seen. Frankly it puts CCP's site to shame.

http://www.isktheguide.com/

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Komandor

Apprentice Member

11/20/10 6:47:58 PM#29

Awesome thread and tips. Especially for newbies and beginners.

Keep on rockin'!

pihlssite

Novice Member

12/10/10 6:39:48 AM#30

:)

No it doesnt :)

Riethe

Novice Member

9/03/12 8:08:09 AM#31

This thread is a great resource, thank you!

I just wanted to add another guide to the list:

EVE Online Trading Guide: http://www.EVEOnlineTrading.com/

This guide details all the various forms of trading and can help turn any player into a professional trader.

Komandor

Apprentice Member

11/21/12 3:37:33 AM#32
Originally posted by Riethe

This thread is a great resource, thank you!

I just wanted to add another guide to the list:

EVE Online Trading Guide: http://www.EVEOnlineTrading.com/

This guide details all the various forms of trading and can help turn any player into a professional trader.

Looks good, thanks buddy.

Keep on rockin'!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search