Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest | EverQuest Next

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,676 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,312,191
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » Negative threads about Eve Online get locked

5 posts found
  Mors.Magne

Novice Member

OP  8/23/14 4:21:07 PM#1

I suspect MMORPG.com are being paid so much by CCP that money is more important than freedom of speech. 

What more can one say that won't be locked?

Grunty

Hard Core Member

8/23/14 4:26:28 PM#2
What gets locked are 'me too' threads.  As well as attempts to revive them.
  Agent_Joseph

Advanced Member

8/24/14 11:40:21 AM#3
I am noticed it ,  just same as in SC negative threads & posts ,there someone delete some my posts about  cash grab scam.

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

8/24/14 11:48:52 AM#4

what more we can say?

well, for a start i suggest readnig the forum rules: http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm

• Game Attacks
    • Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
      Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.

in general those topics have no real point but saying "Mimimi i got ganked game sucks!"
if you play eve, you better get used to that, because it IS exactly working as planned.

now, do we SERIOUSLY have to go through all of this again?
don't flame games, play em, or leave em.

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

that's how games work, you wont make devs change their game so YOU will like it.

that was known at about 2000 already - how the hell could people forget that?
neither cccp nor any other gaming company is making a game SPECIFICALLY for you, they make games for the masses, eve has a quite stable subscriber base of 400k, for a reason. it is a niche game, that means it will NOT be liked by 7 million or whatnot, and those playing eve, like that.

this must be the 173th post about that topic, and quite frankly, it was already boring on the first thread.

get over it, it's bout time.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Sovrath

Elite Member

8/24/14 11:57:01 AM#5
Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I suspect MMORPG.com are being paid so much by CCP that money is more important than freedom of speech. 

What more can one say that won't be locked?

Some of you guys with your "freedom of speech!"

Go learn what freedom of speech is first. It doesn't mean you can say anything you want anywhere you want. It does mean (at the very least)  that you can't be thrown in jail for stating an opinion. You can't walk into a privately held company/organization and start saying anything you want and then when they try to remove you for disturbing everyone you glibly state "can't touch me, freedom of speech!"

You can say negative things about CCP but you can't "attack" people, companies or games.

You can list the things you don't like and why you don't like them. You can't blithely lambaste them for the sake of it.

So, you can have a discussion you can't have a "bitch fest".