Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,784,525 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,534
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » EVE Player Loses Revenant Supercarrier Worth Approx $8k In Combat

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
35 posts found
  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

7/10/13 9:30:33 AM#21
Originally posted by dave6660
Nice kill!  The tears shed over that loss must have been epic.

Actually, the group seems to have taken it in stride. Grath raged initially but calmed down after a few minutes. Here's the comms:

XXXGrath RageXXX Full Version

Opapanax

Novice Member

Most Morbid One

7/10/13 10:57:29 AM#22
I respect the fact that the ship was actually in battle. As a player who likes to fly expensive ships myself I can't help but be impressed as to actually see the thing undocked. I won't really touch on RL conversion for Isk but I do agree that the two are intertwined quiet tightly. Much like Second Life and real world vaule.comparrisons.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Quazal.A

Advanced Member

7/12/13 3:12:40 AM#23

for a further update to the epicness that was PL getting AWOXED 

Very good article from The Mittani with interviews with relevant parties

http://themittani.com/features/first-degree-awox-premeditated-murder?page=0%2C0

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game :) were of course your welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Dihoru

Elite Member

7/12/13 3:20:51 AM#24
Originally posted by w407309

for a further update to the epicness that was PL getting AWOXED 

Very good article from The Mittani with interviews with relevant parties

http://themittani.com/features/first-degree-awox-premeditated-murder?page=0%2C0

I would take anything posted on a CFC website with a grain of salt because they are on opposing sides of the fountain war.

Tonbel

Novice Member

7/12/13 3:21:00 AM#25
Rather than just releasing a Collector’s Edition of EVE Online, the team has a lot more plans to bring the EVE Online universe to the forefront of gamers and science fiction fans alike. Even those gamers who haven’t actually played the game have heard the tales of massive space battles that can last months, the internal strife of guild politics, and some of the most shocking tales of extraordinary betrayal to occur within any game ever. Currently in development are a number of projects, including bringing these tales to life.
  Ahnog

Apprentice Member

7/13/13 2:32:35 AM#26
What is life without taking risk. Why have it if you aren't going to use it at some point. Kudos to the pilot, and well wishes from a quick recovery.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

http://www.ahnog.us

Krematory

Hard Core Member

MMOHOLIC

7/14/13 10:57:32 AM#27
Originally posted by Ahnog
What is life without taking risk. Why have it if you aren't going to use it at some point. Kudos to the pilot, and well wishes from a quick recovery.

Oh, we're talking about PL here. It's "only" a morale hit for them.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

7/14/13 3:28:14 PM#28
Even for PL that was a nasty hit.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

coslie

Apprentice Member

7/14/13 4:45:02 PM#29
While there's no point having it if you never use it, it'd make more sense saving it for special occasions.  I certainly wouldn't  take something that expensive out without having a plan and lots of support. 
  Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

7/14/13 4:47:34 PM#30
Originally posted by Jadedangel1
Lol, and remind me why PvP is supposed to be fun again? That doesn't sound fun to me at all, it would definitely be a Kleenex moment...or a 100.

think about it from the other side's perspective. Only then will you understand.

XilentStorm

Novice Member

Games are epic.

7/22/13 9:11:39 AM#31
It doesn't look fun, but I know for a fact, when you get a hang of it, and have to do it yourself, damn is it scary/fun.

Veteran MMORPG Player -

ROM
EVE
RS (pre-EOC)- Habbo
Combat Arms - Crossfire -AVA
Maplestory, and more.

deathangell

Novice Member

7/22/13 9:20:21 AM#32
To be honest Losing something so valuable is as close as I feel to truly living while playing a video game. The enjoyment of working to achieve something knowing that anytime people will plot to take it and I will fight to protect it. That in its self is so thrilling.
  Theocritus

Advanced Member

7/22/13 8:34:05 PM#33
Its sad that someone actually invests that kind of money and time into a video game, especially one where you can lose so much.....I also hear how great Eve's community is though I hear a few too many stories like this that say otherwise.
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

7/23/13 3:00:25 AM#34
He didn't actually pay $8000 in RL currency for the ship.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Phry

Elite Member

7/23/13 3:56:27 AM#35
Originally posted by Malcanis
He didn't actually pay $8000 in RL currency for the ship.

i think thats the part that people have a hard time understanding, the big ships arent actually bought using real money/plex/isk conversions, or at least anyone who did would be a complete idiot. The plex valuation placed on things is just to give a rough idea of how important/valuable they are in terms of in game resources. And while players can buy plex's for real money, the plex itself can only be used to either purchase 30 days gameplay, or be traded in game for isk, a plex cannot be converted into real money and the only way plex can be brought into the game in the first place is by players buying them with real money from CCP,  you can't buy a plex from CCP for isk.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search