Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,532 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,642
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » things to know before you start playing eve

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
124 posts found
  Demalis

Apprentice Member

5/19/13 5:36:49 PM#121
The thing I think you should know before you start playing eve is it has one of the best communities around. Yes it has its flaws, but I truly believe out of all the games I have played it is the best value for community game play. That being said I no longer play Eve, and was not there very long. A majority of the time I like to play solo, Eve is not a game you can play with that mind set, so we parted ways.  I miss the people I met in that game, but not the actual game.
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

5/20/13 3:40:52 AM#122
Originally posted by ZedTheRock
This is one game I'll never understand how its so popular.  Chalk up to different stokes for different folks I guess.

I can't see the point of endlessly grinding mobs to get a tiny chance of better items to let you grind mobs better to get a tiny chance of a slightly better item until you're almost there then the game gets changed and now your items are shit so you need to endlessly grind mobs....

Ask you say, different strokes.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

5/20/13 3:57:11 AM#123
Originally posted by apanz3r
Originally posted by ZedTheRock
This is one game I'll never understand how its so popular.  Chalk up to different stokes for different folks I guess.

Popular is relative. Everybody and his dog have AT LEAST 2 accounts. Veterans have 3-4.

There have been official campains sustained by ccp to make alts with subscription discounts etc (power of 2 etc).

The game have his appeal but the problem is that basically force you to have eve as a second job.

Comments like this generally reveal more about the player than the game.

EVE will let you play pretty much how you like. (How you actually like, not how you think you like) If you bring a grinder mentality to it, you'll have a grinder experience. Other people play the game in a different want and have a different experience.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

5/20/13 4:06:58 AM#124
Originally posted by apanz3r

of course. they've actually earned that in-game money.

try having your wallet show 10 billion while being an industrial pilot like me. You'll understand the value of an ISK.

If all you have is 10 bil you are really poor.

When i quit eve my assets including chars worthed like 50-60 bil.

It covers my expenses...I only lost 2 billion isk in past 5 years.

but don't worry, I'm making more. :). All it takes is time and effort.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search