Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,324 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,829
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Game Suggestions » Cloaking and Sjammers

11 posts found
  Ammillia

Novice Member

OP  5/15/13 12:25:09 PM#1

Fix the cloaking!, cloaking devises are high slots , I say Battleships and up should be able to run them and maintain being cap stable but cruiser and down should not be able to continue to run them without running out of cap , should not be cap stable.

and or , make cloaking ships able to be scanned down with a system scanner or certain scanning skills.

Also my thoughts on system jammers is that if you are running a system jammer in your system , that should make all cynos, covert cynos included jammable.

With this said , unless your in a large alliance which is still no guarantee . you as a independent corporation will not survive.

I've been playing eve since 2003 (beta) and used to be with the large alliances but grew tired of the ongoing BS politics.  I've gone the independent route and since have seen nothing but everything in each patch (laughs) upgrades go for the pirates of the game and screw the industrial side. No benefits for the miners out there....oh wait they gave us and useless mining frig LMAO!. There is no "safe" space , not even in 1. sec status where it is supposed to be.

Eves pathetic sandbox approach is only good for the pirate/ganker  

I will not be wasting my money on this game anymore nor will I be having anything to do with CCP or their obvious money grab for their 10 year collectors package.

Yes I'm sure to be flamed by the wannabe pirates and gankers and yes some are really good at what they do and don't rely on cheap tactics to do it. The 1 vs 1 is long gone along with any honor that went with it.

but this game was to be for all types of game play and not all people want to pvp. Unfortunately ccp sees it differently , promises one thing but does not provide in the end. surprise surprise  !

Good luck to the remaining industrialists out in eve

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ArcheAge, and Combat Arms

5/15/13 12:28:58 PM#2
Originally posted by Ammillia

Fix the cloaking!, cloaking devises are high slots , I say Battleships and up should be able to run them and maintain being cap stable but cruiser and down should not be able to continue to run them without running out of cap , should not be cap stable.

and or , make cloaking ships able to be scanned down with a system scanner or certain scanning skills.

Also my thoughts on system jammers is that if you are running a system jammer in your system , that should make all cynos, covert cynos included jammable.

With this said , unless your in a large alliance which is still no guarantee . you as a independent corporation will not survive.

I've been playing eve since 2003 (beta) and used to be with the large alliances but grew tired of the ongoing BS politics.  I've gone the independent route and since have seen nothing but everything in each patch (laughs) upgrades go for the pirates of the game and screw the industrial side. No benefits for the miners out there....oh wait they gave us and useless mining frig LMAO!. There is no "safe" space , not even in 1. sec status where it is supposed to be.

Eves pathetic sandbox approach is only good for the pirate/ganker  

I will not be wasting my money on this game anymore nor will I be having anything to do with CCP or their obvious money grab for their 10 year collectors package.

Yes I'm sure to be flamed by the wannabe pirates and gankers and yes some are really good at what they do and don't rely on cheap tactics to do it. The 1 vs 1 is long gone along with any honor that went with it.

but this game was to be for all types of game play and not all people want to pvp. Unfortunately ccp sees it differently , promises one thing but does not provide in the end. surprise surprise  !

Good luck to the remaining industrialists out in eve

You should definitely post this over on the EVE O forums and see if you can rally support from the playerbase and the CSM.

https://forums.eveonline.com/

Go forth!

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

Ammillia

Novice Member

OP  5/15/13 12:55:26 PM#3
Thanks, I have and I appreciate the support. could use some help :)
  Ammillia

Novice Member

OP  5/15/13 12:57:48 PM#4

btw is there a specific area on the forums I should post.. new to posting stuff and not sure where the right place would be where people would see it.

Yalexy

Hard Core Member

5/15/13 1:15:24 PM#5

Post your idea there -> https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=270

Anyways. I don't think it's the right way to go what you suggest. Cloaking is perfectly fine the way it is imho, as are the cynos.

If you're playing solo then you should accept the fact that you're struggling, as EvE is heavily favouring teamwork as it should be.

Jamming cynos by upgrading your iHub or whatever is the wrong approach aswell, as this would make territorial warfare even more of a PITA, if you can't bridge your fleet in to attack a system. Try getting through a gate with your battleship-fleet, when your opponent is waiting on the other side with an evenly big fleet and capitals to support it.

A covert ops or a recon can't do much harm on their own, and as soon as they pop a "normal" cyno the cyno gets shown in the overview. Covert cynos aren't any good except for ganking ratters or a small mining op, but if you're mining with a support-fleet guarding the whole op, then you're basically totally safe.

The ganking in high-sec isn't prevented by changing the cloaking either.

Ammillia

Novice Member

OP  5/15/13 2:27:46 PM#6
Originally posted by Yalexy

Post your idea there -> https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=270

Anyways. I don't think it's the right way to go what you suggest. Cloaking is perfectly fine the way it is imho, as are the cynos.

If you're playing solo then you should accept the fact that you're struggling, as EvE is heavily favouring teamwork as it should be.

Jamming cynos by upgrading your iHub or whatever is the wrong approach aswell, as this would make territorial warfare even more of a PITA, if you can't bridge your fleet in to attack a system. Try getting through a gate with your battleship-fleet, when your opponent is waiting on the other side with an evenly big fleet and capitals to support it.

A covert ops or a recon can't do much harm on their own, and as soon as they pop a "normal" cyno the cyno gets shown in the overview. Covert cynos aren't any good except for ganking ratters or a small mining op, but if you're mining with a support-fleet guarding the whole op, then you're basically totally safe.

The ganking in high-sec isn't prevented by changing the cloaking either.

Yes your right cloaking is fine, for the pirates and gankers and campers.

I never said I was playing solo but a small corp no longer seems to have a place as it once did.

I'm not trying to bridge anyone anywhere , not sure where you got that from. I was saying that if you cyno jam a system that it should include covert cynos

you also just proved my point with your complete comment on the subject  TY

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

5/15/13 2:31:20 PM#7

i'm a miner...i hate that cloaked guy who's in my system since 2007. (metaphorically speaking).

but I respect his ability to do it.

I don't want cloaking changed. even if i'm at the receiving end.

I'd never gank a miner in a SB...but I love being in a game where I know it's possible.

please leave cloaking alone.

Ammillia

Novice Member

OP  5/15/13 11:46:17 PM#8
Originally posted by Robokapp

i'm a miner...i hate that cloaked guy who's in my system since 2007. (metaphorically speaking).

I'd never gank a miner in a SB...but I love being in a game where I know it's possible.

you respect his "ability" to do it????????? sit in a system afk 32/7week after week . there is no ability cause more times then not it is a newly created toon in a frig and a cloaking device he only trained for..... WHAT ability are you talking about???

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

5/16/13 2:29:45 PM#9
Originally posted by Ammillia
Originally posted by Robokapp

you respect his "ability" to do it????????? sit in a system afk 32/7week after week . there is no ability cause more times then not it is a newly created toon in a frig and a cloaking device he only trained for..... WHAT ability are you talking about???

the ability i'm talking about is exactly what you said.

the game lets him do what you said.

I respect that. I won't do it myself but I want to be in a game where it's possible.

Ammillia

Novice Member

OP  5/17/13 12:32:17 AM#10

"Fix the cloaking!, cloaking devises are high slots , I say Battleships and up should be able to run them and maintain being cap stable but cruiser and down should not be able to continue to run them without running out of cap , should not be cap stable.

and or , make cloaking ships able to be scanned down with a system scanner or certain scanning skills."

would it not add a little more risk to the game if you knew that if you weren't paying attention that you could get scanned down if you plan on cloaky camping?

Komandor

Apprentice Member

5/15/14 11:00:44 AM#11
Yeah, I think this could work well.

Keep on rockin'!