Trending Games | Star Citizen | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,449 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,311,632
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » EVE Online

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Yamota

Elite Member

Gaming should be about fun, not gender equality.

3/13/13 1:33:29 PM#21
Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

Stimz's reply is exactly why you shouldn't trust anyone in EVE :-)

A case of looking helpful/generous and yet there's always an ulterior motive, ie he gets a PLEX if you sub off his invite.

If you want a buddy invite do it via one of the people in this thread - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9874 Atleast then you'll get a load of ISK to help you on your way.

Uhh.. no this is not an example why you should not trust anyone in Eve because he would lose nothing if he subscribes and Stimz get a PLEX.

Why you should not trust anyone in Eve is because there are a lot of people who will try to scam and take things from you or just get you killed for the hell of it.

EDIT: After reading that thread then yes, you could argue that he would lose some ISK if he found someone to give him the cash for finishing a trial but still I would not say this is scamming. There are far worse scams in the game than this.

Ez-Roller

Novice Member

Nihil Verum. Omnia Licita.

OP  3/14/13 6:02:41 AM#22
Originally posted by Yamota

A case of looking helpful/generous and yet there's always an ulterior motive, ie he gets a PLEX if you sub off his invite.

If you want a buddy invite do it via one of the people in this thread - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9874 Atleast then you'll get a load of ISK to help you on your way.

Uhh.. no this is not an example why you should not trust anyone in Eve because he would lose nothing if he subscribes and Stimz get a PLEX.

Why you should not trust anyone in Eve is because there are a lot of people who will try to scam and take things from you or just get you killed for the hell of it.

EDIT: After reading that thread then yes, you could argue that he would lose some ISK if he found someone to give him the cash for finishing a trial but still I would not say this is scamming. There are far worse scams in the game than this.

I hear you. Some cunt placed a bounty on me for the hell of it. I was trying to tell him im a 4 days player, he just loled at me. I will mine and use all my isks to place a huge bounty on that fuckers head!

Krematory

Hard Core Member

MMOHOLIC

3/14/13 10:13:20 AM#23
Originally posted by Ez-Roller
Originally posted by Yamota

I hear you. Some cunt placed a bounty on me for the hell of it. I was trying to tell him im a 4 days player, he just loled at me. I will mine and use all my isks to place a huge bounty on that fuckers head!

That's the spirit :D Remember you can also use your isk to buy a ship powerful enough to suicide gank that guy whenever you find him flying something vulnerable. Have fun!

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Malcanis

Apprentice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

3/14/13 11:10:03 AM#24
A 100k bounty is meaningless in terms of any effect it will actually have. It's just a "hi there!".

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Ez-Roller

Novice Member

OP  3/14/13 11:12:48 AM#25
Originally posted by Malcanis
A 100k bounty is meaningless in terms of any effect it will actually have. It's just a "hi there!".

He placed 1mil

Phry

Elite Member

3/14/13 11:17:17 AM#26

He placed 1mil

Been quite a while since i last put a bounty on someone, but unless things have changed, you can only put a bounty on someone with a negative standing with concord?

Ez-Roller

Novice Member

OP  3/14/13 11:29:06 AM#27
Originally posted by Phry

He placed 1mil

Been quite a while since i last put a bounty on someone, but unless things have changed, you can only put a bounty on someone with a negative standing with concord?

is -0.0 negative? i didnt mean to, but i looted some green crap some guy that was mining was trashing... 

Malcanis

Apprentice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

3/14/13 11:39:41 AM#28
Originally posted by Phry

He placed 1mil

Nope, now anyone can put a bounty on anyone. Your standing with CONORD is not relevent to a personal matter between two capsuleers.

Many people assume that having a bounty placed on them gives anyone the right to shoot them. Not so. The rules of engagement are exactly the same as if they don't have a bounty, the only difference is that the incentive to shoot them has been increased.

The new bounty system was the core feature of the last expansion - read the devblogs. Not only can you put a bounty on anyone you like, the payout is restricted so that the bounty can't just be scraped off and collected by an alt; each time you lose a ship, then a fraction of the ship value is paid out to whoever killed it until the whole bounty has been claimed.

So if I put a 1 billion ISK bounty on you and some bounty hunter pops you in a Drake, he gets about a 8M ISK payout, and your bounty is reduced to 992M.

But a 100k bounty is basically meaningless. No one is going to go out of their way for 100k. They're mainly used to make people who don't know how they work rage against their own ack of understanding.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Hulluck

Advanced Member

3/14/13 11:56:28 AM#29

He placed 1mil

His point still stands.  Don't worry about it.  Reading your posts. The reaction you had was worth far more to the person than anything else.  No ones going to come after you for 1 mill. They will simply pop you just to pop you or in hopes of getting a rise out of you well before they do it for 1 mill.  When you start flying around in loot pinatas ( a long ways off since you just started) and someone puts an absurd value on top of that. Then worry a little.  As long as you are alert and learn what to look for you'll be fine at this point in your career.  Want it gone? Find the nearest lowsec / null gate and jump through.   Probably should do that anyways just for the experience.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search