Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,259 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,306
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » Imagine if your misclick triggered a 2,800 person battle.

19 posts found
  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

OP  1/28/13 4:59:59 AM#1

Basically, someone misclicked and jumped their great big ship into a pile of hostiles. Enemies pounced on it so he called back up... then the enemies called back up... and so on, and so on.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

siftified

Novice Member

I miss Darktide :(

1/28/13 5:15:00 AM#2
Epic, as usual.
  WhiteLantern

Novice Member

1/28/13 5:22:18 AM#3

Eve is pretty awesome from where I'm sitting. Which is not playing. Are all of these guys masochists?

Anyway, I watched vid and...nevermind.  Read the story; someone explain "bridged". I get everything that happened except that part: he meant to "bridge" not jump.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

haplo602

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 5:26:58 AM#4
oh how I miss the game ....
  haplo602

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 5:28:58 AM#5
Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Eve is pretty awesome from where I'm sitting. Which is not playing. Are all of these guys masochists?

Anyway, I watched vid and...nevermind.  Read the story; someone explain "bridged". I get everything that happened except that part: he meant to "bridge" not jump.

a titan class ship can create a jump-bridge to a beacon that ships can travel through. basicaly somebody in lowsec lighted the beacon, the titan pilot instead of creating the bridge (so other ships can jump) initiated a jump to that beacon with his ship.

khelbon

Advanced Member

1/28/13 5:36:20 AM#6

Oh wow. That is just freaking epic.

Krematory

Advanced Member

MMOHOLIC

1/28/13 5:40:49 AM#7
I was there, and it was not even playable because of the lag and 10% tidi >_<

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

1/28/13 5:40:56 AM#8
Personally I thought it looked rather boring but then again I don't care much for PvP nor do I care about scifi.  To each their own I suppose.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Caldrin

Elite Member

1/28/13 5:40:57 AM#9
haha that looks crazy..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

rpmcmurphy

Advanced Member

1/28/13 5:45:42 AM#10
830 billion ISK in ships gone, wow. That must be in the region of $20000 in PLEX.
  Loktofeit

Elite Member

OP  1/28/13 5:51:27 AM#11

Here's a link to a Reddit discussion on it, which includes some pretty interesting* overview from Kiresays:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17d2lv/massive_2800_player_battle_in_eve_online_took/

*Azzamasin, don't click it. It's about PVP and sci-fi. You won't find it interesting.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

1/28/13 6:07:20 AM#12
The stats are pretty epic but that video is kinda boring... I am sure it was fun if you were there though.
  Digirono

Novice Member

1/28/13 6:10:14 AM#13
The lag there must have been insane, but as always, something from EVE is epic. 

Loktofeit

Elite Member

OP  1/28/13 6:12:42 AM#14
Originally posted by Vesavius
The stats are pretty epic but that video is kinda boring... I am sure it was fun if you were there though.

I find most PVP videos are far, far less interesting than the actual PVP experience itself. A video of a Shadowbane city siege or Lineage 2 castle siege video would bore me to tears, but they were some of the most amazing battles I've ever been in.

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

1/28/13 6:17:44 AM#15
Originally posted by Loktofeit

I find most PVP videos are far, far less interesting than the actual PVP experience itself. A video of a Shadowbane city siege or Lineage 2 castle siege video would bore me to tears, but they were some of the most amazing battles I've ever been in.

Oh yeah, for sure. Tbh watching other people play has never been my thing, which is part of the reason the whole streaming/ esports thing leaves me cold. It's a cool story tho.

dave6660

Advanced Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

1/28/13 11:22:29 AM#16

I never cared for watching video of the fights either.  Being a combatant though is a blast.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

cosy

Newshound

EvE Rules #491 you should never, ever attack Russians on winter months

1/29/13 9:14:03 AM#17

things like this keep EvE going, let hope there is a WAR

PD:EvEisNot4WoWkids
BestSigEver :P

Sovrath

Elite Member

1/29/13 9:16:48 AM#18

Yeah I just read about that.

One of the reasosn Eve is such a great game.

User Deleted
1/29/13 9:26:00 AM#19

Here's a link to a Reddit discussion on it, which includes some pretty interesting* overview from Kiresays:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17d2lv/massive_2800_player_battle_in_eve_online_took/

*Azzamasin, don't click it. It's about PVP and sci-fi. You won't find it interesting.

I bet people didn't bother clicking through :-) I saw the post when it came out on reddit. Very nice pics.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/jJJE1/layout/grid#0