Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,012 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,276
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » CCP Unifex blog: changing the way EVE is developed

3 posts found
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

OP  1/16/13 3:25:54 AM#1

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74191

Some big implications in this blog about the way they're going to approach developing EVE. Very positive change IMO, and a step away from the old model where glaring issues were neglected for years because it "wasn't their turn yet".

If anyone's worried that CCP have put EVE on the back burner, this should put their fears to rest.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

mmoski

Novice Member

1/16/13 3:38:04 AM#2
Yeah its nice to see EvE continue to grow and just get better as time evolves, EvE will pretty much stand the test of time as they have the market cornerd for this type of game and years of development behiend it.
  Boardwalker

Novice Member

1/16/13 3:32:34 PM#3
The first years of EVE were more about surviving and throwing in features to fill up a fairly sparse framework. I expect that the next 10 years will follow a vision that goes beyond just surviving and is more about enhancing the player experience in meaningful ways and iterating on the existing framework.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
Play EVE for free for 21 days