Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,206 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,125
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » EVE's PvE to get reworked. FINALLY!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
25 posts found
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

OP  1/16/13 5:01:06 AM#1

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2462718#post2462718

That's probably one of the most encouraging devpots I've ever read. EVE's PvE has been barely better than a placeholder for 10 years and finally they've recognised the need to join the 21st century with it.

This rates a FUCK YEAH!

Give me liberty or give me lasers

sudo

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 5:04:55 AM#2

Wow, this sounds very interesting.

Might even give it a try when it's live :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

jagd1

Novice Member

1/16/13 6:37:50 AM#3
Originally posted by Malcanis

That's probably one of the most encouraging devpots I've ever read.

Translation : We lost a lot subscription because of this mission crap /drone nerf  ,we hope keep people still subbed while promising this .

Where are you now malcanis was cheering for CCP and saying CCP cant do wrong

''

We are aware of the recent changes brought by the NPC AI. As said in our previous post, the first NPC behavior deployed for Retribution was too extreme and has been corrected. However, we are aware that drone ships are receiving the short end of the stick here and have been ignored for quite a bit.  ''

They abondoned you ?  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371433/I-heard-drones-got-nerfed.html

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 6:56:13 AM#4

Don't get too excited. If you know CCP, it's going to be a long, long, long time before anything translates from a dev post on the forums to anything tangible on the game itself.

Nice to know they have not completely abandoned PvE, though.

dave6660

Advanced Member

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you."

1/16/13 8:21:28 AM#5

Sounds interesting.

I'm curious whether mission runners are ready for what they're asking.  Until now they've been wrecking level 4 missions in ultra expensive faction fit boats with very little chance of getting popped.  Suddenly the threat becomes very real.  Will they be as exited after their first CNR blows up in a spectacular fireworks show.

"Why so serious?"
-- The Joker

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  1/16/13 10:24:59 AM#6
Originally posted by dave6660

Sounds interesting.

I'm curious whether mission runners are ready for what they're asking.  Until now they've been wrecking level 4 missions in ultra expensive faction fit boats with very little chance of getting popped.  Suddenly the threat becomes very real.  Will they be as exited after their first CNR blows up in a spectacular fireworks show.

There's no good game design reason for any PvE in EVE to be effectively perfectly safe, which L4 missions are once you've learned the spawn patterns and copied the optimal fit.

SlaverHound

Novice Member

1/16/13 12:31:46 PM#7

They'll do something stupid with it like move level 4 missions to null sec and massively reduce the mission payouts across all levels.

Which will piss people off yet again for no reason at all except to push players into null sec while they call their game a sand box.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

1/16/13 12:37:04 PM#8
Always interested in seeing changes to the game. I usually hold my criticisms for something conrete than to yell at them for what I speculate as to what they are going to do. As a near pure Gallente pilot I am super excited about a revamp to the drone system. I would also like to see a completely new hull for the Dominix.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

1/16/13 12:44:10 PM#9

Could be interesting.

PvE definitely needs lots of work.

Hopefully they are talking about not just missions running and combat PvE re-do but also major updates to things like trade/hauling/crafting/gathering systems and mechanics.

Now Playing: Destiny, WoW

VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

1/16/13 1:01:04 PM#10
Originally posted by BadSpock

Could be interesting.

Hopefully they are talking about not just missions running and combat PvE re-do but also major updates to things like trade/hauling/crafting/gathering systems and mechanics.

In the DevBlog they mentioned that the expansion that introduced wormholes, which advanced and expanded all aspects of EVE, would be more of the example they want to follow for now instead of the recent focus-on-one-at-a-time expansion.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.

Boardwalker

Novice Member

1/16/13 3:53:06 PM#11

If people can't handle the recent drone changes (which I love btw), not sure they'll be able to cope with more difficult missions.

That being said, I'm very excited that they'll be taking a look at PVE. It's a large part of the game for some, and that paer has spent enough time getting kicked to the back of the line by myopic pvpers.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
Play EVE for free for 21 days

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/16/13 3:59:50 PM#12
Originally posted by jagd1

That's probably one of the most encouraging devpots I've ever read.

Translation : We lost a lot subscription because of this mission crap /drone nerf  ,we hope keep people still subbed while promising this .

EVE has grown in subscriptions year over year, every single year, since release.  Not even WoW can claim that, and EVE is older than WoW.

In any event, more to do for every type of player with every expansion is a gutsy move that will be difficult, but could be amazing.  No more expansions that cater to just one type of player leaving the rest with nothing much to show for it.  Instead more expansions where everyone has something new or improved.  Awesome.

El Psy Congroo

User Deleted
1/16/13 4:30:22 PM#13

Could be interesting.

Somehow that seems like a wish for EVE 2.0 rather than something we are liable to get. However, I agree with you.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

1/16/13 4:35:46 PM#14
Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

Could be interesting.

Somehow that seems like a wish for EVE 2.0 rather than something we are liable to get. However, I agree with you.

EVE doesn't need to do a 2.0 like other game companies have done for their games.  If you compare screenshots of EVE, feature lists, underlying technology to EVE as it stands today you'll see that there have been massive improvements all over the game.

EVE with CCP can continue to improve further and look better without launching a separate new version.  All these improvements are included in the subscription fee as well.  Even people who subscribe today get all the expansions included.  How many other subscription MMOs do that?

El Psy Congroo

Wraithone

Hard Core Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

1/16/13 4:51:26 PM#15

That's probably one of the most encouraging devpots I've ever read. EVE's PvE has been barely better than a placeholder for 10 years and finally they've recognised the need to join the 21st century with it.

This rates a FUCK YEAH!

Now that looks interesting. But from what I learned from playing EVE for almost six years, is that it might be QUITE some time before they actually get around to adding such things.  I was totally entertained by the idea that EVE isn't a PvP focused game... Given that the Dev's at CCP are some of the most PvP centric people I've ever seen, that was REALLY funny... ^^

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  1/17/13 1:52:56 AM#16
Originally posted by Wraithone

This rates a FUCK YEAH!

Now that looks interesting. But from what I learned from playing EVE for almost six years, is that it might be QUITE some time before they actually get around to adding such things.  I was totally entertained by the idea that EVE isn't a PvP focused game... Given that the Dev's at CCP are some of the most PvP centric people I've ever seen, that was REALLY funny... ^^

Well getting a public agreement to how bad the PvE is, plus being exactly right about how to go about beginning to fix it can only be encouraging.

It's not like they could make the PvE any worse.

zimboy69

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 3:15:25 AM#17

i wonder if this is a reaction to star citizen or elite

fixing pve  and mining thats  a lot of work  for CCP to do

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 3:20:50 AM#18
No, it's more a reaction to the fact that PvE in EVE (not including WH and Incursions) is crap and in no way prepares the player to the inevitability that is PvP, which they will at some point encounter, whether they want it or not.
  VassagoMael

Hard Core Member

1/17/13 8:50:53 AM#19
Originally posted by tom_gore
No, it's more a reaction to the fact that PvE in EVE (not including WH and Incursions) is crap and in no way prepares the player to the inevitability that is PvP, which they will at some point encounter, whether they want it or not.

Especially with the majority of the population being Caldari doing missions in passive fit Drakes that take no brains at all.

adam_nox

Advanced Member

1/17/13 12:07:31 PM#20

Inevitability of PvP?  Since when?  Getting ganked at a gate or outside a starbase isn't PvP.  That's just taking a loss and moving on. 

What I find hilarious is that they are going to make missions harder.  Okay why not just make more lucrative missions and make THEM harder.  Level 4.5s or something.    I think what people want isn't harder more annoying missions, but missions that are more interesting, have more of a plot, less of the same old warp in, kill, loot, return.  CCP doesn't get it.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search