Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,339 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,478
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » Too late to rejoin?

9 posts found
  AgentAnarkii

Novice Member

OP  1/06/13 9:12:18 PM#1
Hello all, i played eve a few years ago for a few months and loved it, i cant remember why i stopped playing, but id like to start again. thing is knowing how the characters are and knowing there are people with 5+ year old characters is a little intimidating. and being that i want to resume my old profession as a pirate i have no clue how im gonna make a name for myself in the universe. any advice on this at all guys?
  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

1/06/13 9:16:52 PM#2

unless you plan to be the only eve player in the game that does 1 v 1 exclusively, does it matter how advanced the other vets are? there'll be just as many of these vets on your team as there are on the opposite team.

i've seen players that are 2 weeks old, up in nullsec joining fleet ops.

once you get past the basic learning of UI and commands like 'allign, target, warp, orbit, keep at range, jump' it's very simple to function.

Now i don't advice going to null 2 weeks after you start, I think that's suicide. but its possible.

those two years a vet spent training his perfect dreadnaught skills don't matter much when he's not flying a dreadnaught. :)

AgentAnarkii

Novice Member

OP  1/06/13 9:18:20 PM#3
very good point, mind if i ask how the game has changed? do people still set up pirate corps in lowsec? i never got to nullsec when i played back in the day. 
  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

1/06/13 9:28:40 PM#4

I can't tell you what's in lowsec as I've been living in sullsec for 3 years.

some set up pirate corporations in NPC nullsec, I know we're fighting one such pest. they have no space so there's nothing to overpower and overthrow them from. they can mount insane attacks from these sovless regions.

how has the game changed...mining barges hold a lot more ore. and UI looks slightly different and is more customizable.

that's all i got. I'm a miner so...I cant comment on elite-level pvp. except that drakes are less popular than before and so are tengus.

at its core, its about the same I imagine.

AgentAnarkii

Novice Member

OP  1/06/13 9:57:17 PM#5
cool, WoW has really begun to be a life sucking drag, if you know what i mean, not nearly as exciting as the battles i had in EvE, is RvB still around?
  Robokapp

Hard Core Member

1/06/13 10:38:56 PM#6
RvB is still there doing high-sec wars for newbies.

Deathenger

Advanced Member

Wipe yourself off, U DEAD!

1/06/13 10:45:13 PM#7
It's never too late.
  Lilan

Novice Member

1/06/13 11:27:33 PM#8
never
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

1/07/13 4:17:11 AM#9
Originally posted by AgentAnarkii
Hello all, i played eve a few years ago for a few months and loved it, i cant remember why i stopped playing, but id like to start again. thing is knowing how the characters are and knowing there are people with 5+ year old characters is a little intimidating. and being that i want to resume my old profession as a pirate i have no clue how im gonna make a name for myself in the universe. any advice on this at all guys?

No it isn't too late. If anything, it's a particularly good time to start, as CCP have just done a big rebalance of the T1 frigates and cruisers, and they're mostly far more effective than they used to be.

Reactivate your character, try out a few ISK making professions to see which suits you (you don't have to do missions or mining, there are lots of other possibilities) and once you've got yourself established, buy a bunch of T1 cruisers and frigates and maybe consider joining Faction Warfare. That will get you some lo-sec PvP experience.

Give me liberty or give me lasers