Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,367 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,577
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » Contact adding with terrible standings?

7 posts found
  ChoadSauce

Apprentice Member

If worse comes to worse...were all fucked!

OP  1/05/13 3:46:59 AM#1

So,  I have 2 characters.....1 to which I do all my chatting, mining, missioning etc.....my other character is just back up and support....i dont talk to anyone on this character.....I also don't do any PVP whatsoever. Randomly...on this support character I got added as a contact with terrible standing. I think, wtf? I convo this person and he gives me this automated response

I have been advised by my client to add you as a contact with TERRIBLE standing. Sorry, they wish to remain anonymous. I can assure you that I do not own any kill rights for you at this point.

My job is done, you are now blue

Peace out

Now I'm blue to him.

I'd also like to note this guy is in a militia......i have no idea what just happened lol. Should I be worried?

_The Sauce Man

willo248

Apprentice Member

1/05/13 6:37:14 AM#2
Probably not Eve is weird. Just amke sure you haven't told anyone about plans to transport plex or something...
  Boardwalker

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:33:28 AM#3
Originally posted by ChoadSauce

Should I be worried?

Nah. It's all talk until he has kill rights against you. His standing toward you does not change the normal rules of engagement.

And it's not EVE that's weird, it's the players that are weird.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
Play EVE for free for 21 days

Twistingfate

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:44:08 AM#4
Youll probably be fine. Just becareful of your mining toon. People will watch in belts for miners and try to gank them. its become less prominent with the mining barge changes but goonswarm is still trying to gank them.

erictlewis

Apprentice Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

1/05/13 9:45:05 AM#5

First off it all talk. If he had kill rights he would be using them. You get kill rights various ways as in looting a ship the just blown up, getting into their can and so on.

However this guy tagged you as somebody he does not like for some reason.

Twistingfate

Novice Member

1/05/13 9:47:10 AM#6
Kill right mechanics have changed, from what ive seen you can only get them by podding someone in highsec or lowsec. Stealing items only gives you a suspect flag for 15 mins where anyone in system can attack you.

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

1/05/13 9:04:46 PM#7

scare tactics.

what adding someone with neg standings IS used for is to get a warning when an enemy who's known to be hunting through your space comes online.

it's the opposite of 'add friend' opion. it's "add enemy". it does nothing, just gives you some notifications if he guy is online or not. Like an enemy titan ... you want to know if he's online if he's in cyno range.