Trending Games | ArcheAge | Pirate101 | Wasteland 2 | MapleStory

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,151 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,663
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » how to get rid of Jita scammers?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

12/28/12 3:56:49 AM#21
Originally posted by Muke

what would you think would be enough -and simple- to get rid of that Jita local scam spam?

Scammers on newb chars getting blocked; creating new chars to spam again, getting blocked and again and again....

So what would be a good idea to CCP or the community?

*close local chat asap?

*limit local posts to characters older then 6 months?

*introduce a chatfilter from anyone younger then 6 months? (would introduce lag though)

*never visit Jita?

*change Jita to a 0.0 system

Just before you jump into Jita, minimise local.

Since everything posted in Jita local is a scam or people calling out scams, you will lose nothing of value.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Baxslash

Advanced Member

12/28/12 11:23:24 AM#22

I didn't say abolish it altogether, I said, that scammers have NO FEAR, of the GMs, and, Devs. And, that the GMs and Devs aren't willing to put the fear of  banning in the game, because of those scammers. What angers me is the stupidy of the GMs and Devs to make the excuse that its allowed in the real world, and, that no one has been caught doing scamming in the real world, WERE AS, the real world, scammers in some countries, are locked up for several years, or, worse, depending on the scams, lose either a body part, or, even worse. And, that's what I'm suggesting. If they want to make the excuse of the Real World applications, then, maybe they ALSO, make the crime of getting caught fit the real world politics.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

12/28/12 11:40:51 AM#23
Originally posted by Muke

what would you think would be enough -and simple- to get rid of that Jita local scam spam?

Scammers on newb chars getting blocked; creating new chars to spam again, getting blocked and again and again....

So what would be a good idea to CCP or the community?

*close local chat asap?

*limit local posts to characters older then 6 months?

*introduce a chatfilter from anyone younger then 6 months? (would introduce lag though)

*never visit Jita?

*change Jita to a 0.0 system

In a scenario like this, nothing is more powerful than players educating players.

Something to consider is that Jita is not like Orgrimmar or other static dev-created trade hubs. If Jita becomes a hassle to trade in for any reason, trade will just move to another system.

Jita is its own best example in that case, as it only became popular because the previous hub, Yulai, was no longer as accessible due to a change in jumpgate routes.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

12/28/12 11:46:18 AM#24

cmon

It is Eve ,NO limitations

We all was victim or if not yet, We ll be

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Smoey

Apprentice Member

12/28/12 11:46:33 AM#25

What ever you do it will either;

a, Change the system that is used

or

b, Create more problems that it solves.

(\ /) ?
( . .)
c('')('')

kovah

Advanced Member

DaZeD aNd AmUsEd

12/28/12 12:25:28 PM#26
Originally posted by Baxslash

If they want to make the excuse of the Real World applications, then, maybe they ALSO, make the crime of getting caught fit the real world politics. 

I would argue that it does already.  Those that commit the crime of getting scammed pay the price.  Working as intended, nothing to see here, please move along.

o7,

-k

fenring101

Advanced Member

12/28/12 12:35:08 PM#27

some scammers are just plain retarded though, had this one muppet in local claiming that if you send someone 9999999999999999 ISK it will transfer a duplicate amount of what you have in your wallet. Told him to prove it and gained exactly 5mil isk. I mean come on, if he'd given a rounded number it would have been slightly believable.. well probably not but it shows just how idiotic they are.

Simple: if you fall for a scam then dont play when your drunk, or keep all your money on a bank character so when you do put your retard hat on, you dont lose too much.

Haruto

Novice Member

You can't spell slaughter, without laughter...

12/31/12 1:48:56 PM#28
Scamming is as much a game mechanic as infiltrating alliances to rob them blind in a few years. Scaming will not go away, personally I love looking at all the scams. Everytime I hit a trade hub I check as many of them as I can to see if there is a new scam out yet, and applaud the scammers with some enough initiative to actually try. Favorite I have seen as of late is a Complete Tengu with all subsystems and Modules for cheap. Except that all the Subsystems are Skillbooks. Love to see scammers who actually bother to try. Too many people just begging for money playing the same I'll double any isk amount you send me.

Eve Online, a world of infinite possibility. Click here for an extended Trial
Dark-Wind Its War on Wheels!

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

12/31/12 1:51:39 PM#29

scamming is part of the player interraction.

not being scammed when you could have easily been does wonders to player connections.

Eleazaros

Novice Member

12/31/12 8:45:54 PM#30

I hate to say this but that's like asking how to get rid of PvP players in a PvP zone.

Don't  go there.  Anything you want you can put up buy orders for , set up a buy contract for or buy elsewhere.  Jita is a "convenience" shopping place and only on a few items are prices better than you can find elsewhere.

As such, there's no reason to go there beyond convenience shopping and even then - just don't pay attention to Local.  Ignore it and you'll be fine.

Again, I hate saying it but seriously - why the hell are you reading that spammed garbage in the most famously trash-talking system in the game?  It's like complaining bout the old "crossroads local" in WoW -- Don't use it and you're fine.

Oh and yes, you can adjust a "local window" so it doesn't show the text but still lets you see war-targets and the like in system.  A very handy thing to do.

Khorian

Novice Member

1/06/13 6:10:28 PM#31
Jita is the only system in eve where i drop down local chat. There is simply no reason to read it, at all. Only newbs read jita local. 
  Christooo

Novice Member

1/09/13 10:12:51 PM#32
Why would you even bother with looking at the Local chat? Haha everything you need can easily be accessed in the market tab.
  Opapanax

Novice Member

Most Morbid One

1/09/13 11:31:27 PM#33
Originally posted by Haruto
Scamming is as much a game mechanic as infiltrating alliances to rob them blind in a few years. Scaming will not go away, personally I love looking at all the scams. Everytime I hit a trade hub I check as many of them as I can to see if there is a new scam out yet, and applaud the scammers with some enough initiative to actually try. Favorite I have seen as of late is a Complete Tengu with all subsystems and Modules for cheap. Except that all the Subsystems are Skillbooks. Love to see scammers who actually bother to try. Too many people just begging for money playing the same I'll double any isk amount you send me.

This ones been around for a while. My only real issue with the scams are the like the ones you just stated. Some of the scams are just super hard to read out because of how they are displayed in the UI not neccesarily because someone is completely oblivious. That type of scam you mentioned is teetering on exploitive in my opinion. Only because the game itself does not display the information on contracts like that correctly. If it straight up read Tengu subsystem skill book instead of just Tengu Subsystem then I wouldn't be so negative towards it.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search