Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,856 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,084,991
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » The new bounty system

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

12/06/12 6:29:04 AM#21
Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by BizkitNL

A ganked miner can sell the killright, enacting vengeance through someone else. Plus, it also opens up the bounty-hunter profession. Or rather improves it.

Wrong, it does not.

You say that someone is going to PAY for being able to collect CAPPED bounty. That does not make a least economical sense.

There is not really an improvement over old system in terms of Bounty Hunting concept, it is just broken in different way.

You are (again) assuming the worst. A killright can be sold for a whopping 0 isk :).

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

Gdemami

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 8:30:24 AM#22

You are (again) assuming the worst. A killright can be sold for a whopping 0 isk :).

Yep, so that you can get rid of kill right with your alt just like you got rid of bounties under old system...

However, my point was that instead of recycling FW mechanics, there could be entirely new concept created.

Gdemami

Hard Core Member

12/06/12 9:21:08 AM#23

Originally posted by hfztt

But everyone has always been able to put bounties on everyone in EVE. Thats kind of the idea of bounty hunting. I sooooo do not get hte problem.

Not really.

I cannot recall whether some other conditions were required but you could only place bounties on people with -1.0 security rating and below.

That makes somewhat sense, unlike now.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

12/06/12 11:13:10 AM#24

A ganked miner can sell the killright, enacting vengeance through someone else. Plus, it also opens up the bounty-hunter profession. Or rather improves it.

Wrong, it does not.

You say that someone is going to PAY for being able to collect CAPPED bounty. That does not make a least economical sense.

There is not really an improvement over old system in terms of Bounty Hunting concept, it is just broken in different way.

IIRC, you think it's broken because it can't be easily collected by the person it's placed on?

There are limitations on the bounty system, but to say that it's not an improvement on not having a bounty system is like saying the market is unnecessary because people can just do direct trades if they want to buy/sell stuff. It's not that you couldn't pay players to shoot other players before, it's just that now there's a proper mechanic to facilitate it.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Malcanis

Advanced Member

12/06/12 11:15:07 AM#25

Originally posted by hfztt

But everyone has always been able to put bounties on everyone in EVE. Thats kind of the idea of bounty hunting. I sooooo do not get hte problem.

Not really.

I cannot recall whether some other conditions were required but you could only place bounties on people with -1.0 security rating and below.

That makes somewhat sense, unlike now.

So if I looted your corp wallet and hanger, you shouldn't be able to place a bounty on me?

Rubbish.

Sec status refers to the player's standing with CONCORD. It's nothing whatsoever to do with your standings with other players. Granted, some motivations to put bounties on other players are also related to sec status, but many more aren't. Why should it matter a bit to you what my standing to CONCORD is if I've annoyed you enough to put a price on my head?

free2play

Hard Core Member

12/07/12 12:13:43 AM#26

Yep, so that you can get rid of kill right with your alt just like you got rid of bounties under old system...

However, my point was that instead of recycling FW mechanics, there could be entirely new concept created.

Someone already figured out how to scam with it.

- Build up kill rights using an alt, wait for someone to buy the kill right, then you can just delete it. The person who paid for the Kill right doesn't get their ISK back, you are laughing all the way to the bank.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

12/07/12 6:02:21 AM#27
People can scam with contracts or the market as well.

tom_gore

Advanced Member

12/07/12 7:14:05 AM#28
Originally posted by free2play

- Build up kill rights using an alt, wait for someone to buy the kill right, then you can just delete it. The person who paid for the Kill right doesn't get their ISK back, you are laughing all the way to the bank.

That's why you activate and buy the kill right on the spot when you have the bad guy in your sights.

tom_gore

Advanced Member

12/07/12 7:15:14 AM#29
Originally posted by tom_gore
Originally posted by free2play

That's why you activate and buy the kill right on the spot when you have the bad guy in your sights. Paying for a kill right when you have no idea where the target is or if you will ever be able to find him is just bad business. Bad business in EVE results in loss of ISK generally.

EDIT: Damn was supposed to edit my post, not quote it :)

fenring101

Advanced Member

12/10/12 5:53:44 AM#30

Would be better if the Insurance company also placed a bounty on whoever kills you assuming you have the hightest level insurance. Gives a bit more risk.

I.e Insurance places a bounty of 25% of whatever you lose on the head(s) of whoever kills you. Makes gankers and such prime targets, but also ups the ante.

Rocketeer

Advanced Member

12/10/12 1:43:30 PM#31
Originally posted by fenring101

Would be better if the Insurance company also placed a bounty on whoever kills you assuming you have the hightest level insurance. Gives a bit more risk.

I.e Insurance places a bounty of 25% of whatever you lose on the head(s) of whoever kills you. Makes gankers and such prime targets, but also ups the ante.

Make it 25% of what the insurance company actually pays out and im game. Though maybe it should be a lower value, and only apply to unlawful kills in empire(so not if the person has a killright).

Has a nice touch to it and would fit in well with the lore imho, i like it.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search