Trending Games | ArcheAge | Archlord 2 | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,801,629 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,196,621
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » I wrote a thing

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
32 posts found
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

OP  11/30/12 2:51:40 PM#1

Hope you enjoy it: http://themittani.com/features/eve-real-not-real

Actually, I wrote a couple of other things as well!

http://themittani.com/features/big-lie-fallacies-demonisation

http://themittani.com/features/outsider-one-players-perspective-goons

They touch on subjects that get discussed quite frequently here, so I hope they might be of some minor value.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Uhwop

Elite Member

11/30/12 2:54:07 PM#2

EVE is real not real article is very good. 

All the articles are very good. 

Kiljaedenas

Hard Core Member

To err is human, but to really f*ck things up you need a computer.

12/04/12 7:50:09 PM#3
Personal favorite is the Big Lie post, but the other two are quite good as well.

Where's the any key?

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

12/04/12 9:09:20 PM#4

I read the first one and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the next two at work tomorrow. Definitely going to pass the links on.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/05/12 4:10:08 AM#5
Originally posted by Loktofeit

I read the first one and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the next two at work tomorrow. Definitely going to pass the links on.

Unfortunately, ISD got their panties in a bunch when I posted the above on the EVE forum, so I'm glad you're helping provide an end run around their hair-trigger threadlocking.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/13/12 7:11:53 AM#6

Muke

Hard Core Member

12/18/12 4:09:13 AM#7

surprised anyone reads/believes that crap from Mittens, especially since he's not that bright.

Riverini's EVEnews24 makes more sense lol, and that says a lot.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/18/12 5:43:48 AM#8

Get them hosted somewhere else. I find Mittani an asshole IRL and I'm not supporting his lifestyle by visiting his ad-filled website.

jpnz

Elite Member

12/18/12 5:45:58 AM#9

Only problem I have with Themittani.com is that the articles aren't coming out fast enough!

I need more stuff to read! :)

Gdemami -
Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Chram

Advanced Member

12/18/12 6:07:10 AM#10
Originally posted by Muke

surprised anyone reads/believes that crap from Mittens, especially since he's not that bright.

Well, good thing the article was written by Malc then!

hfztt

Hard Core Member

12/18/12 6:34:52 AM#11
Originally posted by Malcanis
I wrote a new thing: http://themittani.com/features/xnym-or-everybody-needs-somebody

That piece is weak. Its just wrong...

kovah

Advanced Member

DaZeD aNd AmUsEd

12/18/12 12:17:02 PM#12
Originally posted by tom_gore

Get them hosted somewhere else. I find Mittani an asshole IRL and I'm not supporting his lifestyle by visiting his ad-filled website. 

Yeah, sorry Mal.  I refuse to support anything related to he and them.  Start your own blog or something.  As long as you are posting there you won't get my click, much less my vote in March (or whenever that is.)  Yeah, I'm petty like that, sorry.

-k

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/19/12 5:32:50 AM#13

Sir! Yes sir! I shall direct my creative efforts to your liking from this day forward!

Disclaimer: Actually no I won't. And you're doing youself a considerable disservice, because even apart from my poor scribblings, there's a whole lot of excellent content you're missing out on due to an absurd prejudice.

PS have you heard about these browser plug-ins called Ad-Blockers? They're awesome!

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/19/12 5:33:59 AM#14
Originally posted by kovah

Yeah, sorry Mal.  I refuse to support anything related to he and them.  Start your own blog or something.  As long as you are posting there you won't get my click, much less my vote in March (or whenever that is.)  Yeah, I'm petty like that, sorry.

-k

That's OK, I'm not competing for the petty demographic, so you're not disappointing me or anything.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/19/12 5:36:12 AM#15
Originally posted by Muke

You realise that Alex writes almost none of the articles there, right? The contributors are from all over EVE.

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

12/19/12 7:17:10 AM#16
Originally posted by kovah

-k

That's OK, I'm not competing for the petty demographic, so you're not disappointing me or anything.

So you're saying you're not competing for roughly 90% of EVE playerbase? Who's your target group then?

And for me boycotting the website, it's a thing called principle. I absolutely hate everything Mittani and his goons represent. In my eyes they are a cancer to gaming communities and like a real cancer, should be removed before they kill the host.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/19/12 8:10:00 AM#17

The other 10%; 36,000 votes will be enough for me!

As for Goons being a "cancer", all I'll say is that when you've been on the internet a little longer, you might learn not to bite so hard on obvious trolls. For now I'll just say that massive sweeping generalisations might be easy and fun, but you run some terrible risks when making them.

As you'd know if you read "The Big Lie"  ;)

Malcanis

Advanced Member

OP  12/19/12 8:14:05 AM#18
Originally posted by hfztt
I wrote a new thing: http://themittani.com/features/xnym-or-everybody-needs-somebody

What's wrong about it?

Kiljaedenas

Hard Core Member

To err is human, but to really f*ck things up you need a computer.

12/19/12 6:11:06 PM#19

What's wrong about it?

That's what I'd like to know. I personally found it quite good and accurate; I always try to make a difference even if I'm not one of the "obvious" heros of a corp/alliance.

And Malcanis, ignore what that other guy was saying about boycotting your articles just because you're affiliated with Goonswarm. Mittani might be a bit of a dick at times, but you guys have always organized the absolutely coolest stuff/events in Eve or any other game I've heard of. I've been considering trying to get into Goonswarm for a little while now but I know it can be quite difficult to sift through various scams and actually get in...any advice on how to do that? I want to get into some of the REALLY fun stuff :)

Where's the any key?

Chram

Advanced Member

12/19/12 11:59:32 PM#20
Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

What's wrong about it?

That's what I'd like to know. I personally found it quite good and accurate; I always try to make a difference even if I'm not one of the "obvious" heros of a corp/alliance.

And Malcanis, ignore what that other guy was saying about boycotting your articles just because you're affiliated with Goonswarm. Mittani might be a bit of a dick at times, but you guys have always organized the absolutely coolest stuff/events in Eve or any other game I've heard of. I've been considering trying to get into Goonswarm for a little while now but I know it can be quite difficult to sift through various scams and actually get in...any advice on how to do that? I want to get into some of the REALLY fun stuff :)

And again, Malcanis is not in Goonswarm nor is he (afaik) blue to Goonswarm. People need to stop making asumptions all the time. For quite a long time, Goons were quite irrelevant for the little corner of the cluster where Malc lived.

As for the subject of getting in... In order to get into the corp Goonfleet proper, you need to be an (active) member of the Something Awful forums, don't try to get in any other way. But there other corporations in Goonswarm that recruit independently. There are also other alliances in the Clusterfuck Coalition, which share all the intelligence and communication tools with Goons (and thus get to do all the (posibly cool) stuff with them), but whose internal culture may differ quite a bit. Plus you won't have that "Goon stamp" in your employment history forever after ;) .

2 Pages 1 2 » Search