Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,130 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,999
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » A little RvB PvP video

4 posts found
  Krematory

Advanced Member

MMOHOLIC

OP  11/11/12 3:40:07 PM#1

Hey guys! I just recorded a nice fight we had in Red Vs Blue. I want to suggest to everyone interested in trying EvE pvp to jump either in Red Federation or Blue Republic and give it a go. It's very noob friendly enviroment where you can learn the ropes and start blowing stuff up immediately.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-CP-JlJrE&feature=youtu.be

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

willo248

Apprentice Member

11/14/12 2:13:43 PM#2

Hey nice video! I'm a 2.5m sp pilot I'm fairly new to eve and currently been running missions, mainly level 3s however I'm about to move on to 4s in a raven. However the main reason I started playing EvE was for the PVP. So I thought what better place to start than RvB? However I havea  few questions first.

Mainly, will I still be able to run misions in The Forge with out any hassle from Red/Blue members?

Are Red and Blue permanantly at war?

Do Red and Blue engage each other on sight over the whole of EvE?

Will beign in Red or Blue effect my standard gameplay in any other ways?

Krematory

Advanced Member

MMOHOLIC

OP  11/15/12 9:45:39 AM#3
Originally posted by willo248

Hey nice video! I'm a 2.5m sp pilot I'm fairly new to eve and currently been running missions, mainly level 3s however I'm about to move on to 4s in a raven. However the main reason I started playing EvE was for the PVP. So I thought what better place to start than RvB? However I havea  few questions first.

Mainly, will I still be able to run misions in The Forge with out any hassle from Red/Blue members?

RvB battles take place in Otela, Josameto, Poinen and Liekuri. However, there are A LOT of third party war targets, since many corps also war dec Red Federation and Blue Republic. Some of them just camp Jita, while others actively search for mission runners, even in other regions (yep, happened to me...). You can either save some ISK before joining RvB and then quit when you're out of ISK to farm some more or you can create an alt so you can have one dedicated mission runner and one PvPer.

Are Red and Blue permanantly at war?

Yes. Some rules apply though, like not poding other RvB members. You can find all the info you may need here: http://rvbeve.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10-rvb-rules-and-guidelines-please-read-first/

Do Red and Blue engage each other on sight over the whole of EvE?

No. But as I said, third party war targets may do that.

Will beign in Red or Blue effect my standard gameplay in any other ways?

Again, you will be war deced by lots of other corps, so you'll need to be careful when you're ouside RvB playfield.

Cheers!

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Komandor

Apprentice Member

11/21/12 4:16:35 AM#4
Originally posted by Krematory

Hey guys! I just recorded a nice fight we had in Red Vs Blue. I want to suggest to everyone interested in trying EvE pvp to jump either in Red Federation or Blue Republic and give it a go. It's very noob friendly enviroment where you can learn the ropes and start blowing stuff up immediately.

Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-CP-JlJrE&feature=youtu.be

Very cool vid! Thanks for sharing!

Keep on rockin'!