Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,274 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,254
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » "Best" race for mining? Also, any RP?

13 posts found
  ashleymorrow

Novice Member

OP  11/06/12 4:21:00 PM#1

I am stumbling through the trial and reading up on the game when I can. I think I would like to try being a miner. Is there a certain race (not sure what else to call them) that is best for this or is situated in a better spot?

Also, any RP Forums? Thanks!

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

11/06/12 4:45:48 PM#2

Race really isn't important, though some Caldari ships allow you to mine a little easier until you get into actual mining ships.

Check this guide out, will tell you everything you need to know to get started mining.

http://www.eve-wiki.net/?title=Haladas_Mining_Guide

As for role playing I don't know much, but check out this wiki guide on the subject.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Role_play_chat_channels

Good luck and safe flying, and remember, never fly anything you can't afford to lose.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
"People can do with their money what they want. But... that doesn't make it smart" - COORS
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

ashleymorrow

Novice Member

OP  11/06/12 7:10:42 PM#3
Thank you, Kyleran.
  Malcanis

Apprentice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

11/07/12 8:14:34 AM#4

Character race is irrelevant to everything except RP and aesthetics.

Ship race can be relevant for some roles, but specifically not for mining, since the mining barges are not based on any racial skills. The best ship for a new solo miner is the Retriever.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Mothanos

Hard Core Member

11/07/12 8:24:00 AM#5

Ahhh i remember the days when i started mining for profit :)
I checked guide after guide to increase every minute of mining into more ore.
I got griefed can flipped and lost my Dominix in full mining loadout.

If you just start out in Eve i can recomend to join a corp as soon as you login.
Mining ops are alot more fun and brings alot more profit with many people out there crumbling rocks.

Eve Online can be played solo, but you will advance slow and get bored sooner or later.
And most importand thing is never ever fly something you cannot afford, not even for a 2 seconds undock a ship you cannot replace in an eye blink.

Ive learned this the hard way more then once.
If you undock prepare to lose the ship, if you follow this simple effective command then you are already on your way to a good carreer in the dark depths of Eve.

mbd1968

Hard Core Member

11/07/12 12:10:03 PM#6
I read somewhere a while back that they were planning changes to mining barges and hulks to give the lower tier ones bigger holds and introducing a mining frigate to replace the race specific mining frigates, did that ever get implmmented?
  Cakeisyummeh

Novice Member

11/07/12 12:14:05 PM#7

Roleplaying would be beyond perfect on this game <3 Just too hard to find those interested.

I found roleplayers once but they were heavily elitist and in general, not nice people.

NetSage

Hard Core Member

11/08/12 12:48:51 AM#8
While I'm not into RP I know there are RP chats and corps you just have to find them ;).
  FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

11/08/12 12:56:21 AM#9

Dwarves!

AvsRock21

Novice Member

11/08/12 1:01:13 AM#10
Originally posted by mbd1968
I read somewhere a while back that they were planning changes to mining barges and hulks to give the lower tier ones bigger holds and introducing a mining frigate to replace the race specific mining frigates, did that ever get implmmented?

I know for sure that the new mining frigate and new destroyers are coming in the 'Retriubtion' expansion on Dec 4. 

Toxia

Apprentice Member

11/08/12 1:27:54 AM#11

Don't be a miner if you are just picking it up.

From experience, i did the same thing two years ago. Never could get into it.

Tryed again not too long ago, just ran missions, definetely 'stuck' with me a whole lot better.

Now i just don't play because it's too damn late. If-only's start here.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Malcanis

Apprentice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

11/08/12 10:50:15 AM#12
Originally posted by Toxia

Tryed again not too long ago, just ran missions, definetely 'stuck' with me a whole lot better.

"Too late"? Why? Do you mean that your personal life is too busy to fit an MMO in, or just that you're committed to another MMO now?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Komandor

Apprentice Member

11/21/12 4:53:16 AM#13
Originally posted by Malcanis
Originally posted by Toxia

"Too late"? Why? Do you mean that your personal life is too busy to fit an MMO in, or just that you're committed to another MMO now?

I don't think it's ever too late for EVE.

Keep on rockin'!