Trending Games | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,293 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,293,416
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » What do people who like PvP do for the first month in EVE, since they can't PvP?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  revajin

Novice Member

9/28/12 3:32:39 PM#21

PVP on day 1 is easy.

1. Find a corp that will take you.

2. Go out on a roam.

3. Take orders, shoot at things.

4. Have fun?

Or optionally,

1. Go out to low/null sec.

2. Shoot at something.

3. Have fun?

I mean really. The whole, "at least train tackling skills" is a load of crap. Most small gang roams are going to have a dedicated tackler with a lot more experience anyway, they're not going to rely on the newb to do it. Your first few days in EVE should be about having fun, it doesn't matter if you only caused 200 damage on that kill mail as long as you enjoyed the experience and learned from it. Go on the roam in your reaper if you don't want to lose a real ship, nobody will care, you're a day one player.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

9/29/12 5:54:26 PM#22

It's pretty easy to cause hundreds of millions of ISK worth of ship loss day 1.  Heck, it's easy to do it in the first half of day 1.  Plus, it's fun!

El Psy Congroo

solarine

Advanced Member

9/29/12 5:58:20 PM#23

Honest answer:

Launch EVE. Get to mining. Keep going.

Launch WOW. Get into a BG. Get PVPing.

When killed and waiting for respawn, switch back to EVE and continue.

True story! :)

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

9/29/12 6:02:14 PM#24
Originally posted by solarine

Honest answer:

"When a player leaves EVE Online for World of Warcraft, the average intelligence of both communities increases."

El Psy Congroo

solarine

Advanced Member

9/29/12 6:10:52 PM#25
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by solarine

Honest answer:

"When a player leaves EVE Online for World of Warcraft, the average intelligence of both communities increases."

Ah, the thing is, you're not leaving! It's running in the background!

Reading helps! 

AvsRock21

Novice Member

9/29/12 6:13:58 PM#26
Originally posted by Paradigm68
I would suggest that people who play mmorpgs SOLELY for PvP is one of the things ruining the genre. Why would you play a game in a genre that is a character driven roleplaying game in a persistant world with many things to do, and seriously think that PvP is the only thing to do?

You can't be serious... The first MMO games were SOLELY PvP games.  Why else have a massively multiplayer online game? PvE games don't have hundreds of players working together, so why make a game massively multiplayer if it is only going to support PvE with 20 to 40 people playing together? That's absolutely pointless. It's PvE centered games that are RUINING the mmorpg genre. PvP is the entire reason these games exist. If you want to play against NPCs go play a co-op game, they are far better for PvE than an mmorpg.

solarine

Advanced Member

9/29/12 6:23:16 PM#27
Originally posted by AvsRock21
I would suggest that people who play mmorpgs SOLELY for PvP is one of the things ruining the genre. Why would you play a game in a genre that is a character driven roleplaying game in a persistant world with many things to do, and seriously think that PvP is the only thing to do?

You can't be serious... The first MMO games were SOLELY PvP games.  Why else have a massively multiplayer online game? PvE games don't have hundreds of players working together, so why make a game massively multiplayer if it is only going to support PvE with 20 to 40 people playing together? That's absolutely pointless. It's PvE centered games that are RUINING the mmorpg genre. PvP is the entire reason these games exist. If you want to play against NPCs go play a co-op game, they are far better for PvE than an mmorpg.

OK, but then how do you explain EQ?

Truth is, some just want massive PVE: Massive raids, massive dynamic events, what have you. To people who like that sort of thing, it does make sense.

Others want PVP, or both. EVE is an awesome game for the latter.

By the way, as a serious answer to the OP, I do remember going to see 0.0 in my early days in the game, but only because a friend promised to make up for my losses, haha.

Garkan

Gurista

Thug, Thief, Killer, Pirate

10/01/12 2:58:33 AM#28
Originally posted by free2play

I can PvP in EVE 15 minutes in to the game. I can fill fleet roles in a day.

If you want to be big bully on the block? Go away. It won't happen in EVE, ever. Sadly/ fortunately depending on point of view, the mechanics also negate hero options. In reality no one guy will save the day.

In the favor of EVE you have a system that forces cowards to act like cowards and bullies to act like bullies. You also lose identity unfortunately. Most people couldn't name 10 pilots off the top of their heads in their own alliance let alone their enemies. Corp names they can but individuals? It gets lost in EVE.

Individuals do stand out, its hard but when someone does stand out they had to work at it and are usually a cut above most players in whatever playstyle made them famous.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
Company of Heroes II.

eve_vets

Apprentice Member

10/04/12 4:48:02 AM#29

Thumbs Up !

2 Pages « 1 2 Search