Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,307 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,133
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/06/03)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac Linux | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

EVE Online Forum » Jita (General) » what is there to do in EVE besides pvp?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
29 posts found
  Kenze

Novice Member

OP  9/30/12 11:23:08 AM#1
does it have PVE content? quests, npc's, normal mmorpg type stuff?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

kattehus

Novice Member

"Life is just a test - a test to see if you can survive death." - Myself.

9/30/12 11:27:06 AM#2

Short answer, yes.

Long(er) answer, yes. It has a rather large amount of pve content, however it's the pvp that's the real driving force.

Missions are your basic quests, but there are also things such as exploration, DED sites and incursions which are all pve focused (disregarding low- and nullsec versions of these).

In other news, they're boosting "basic" AI soon(tm), such that the pve content is more engaging.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0

-Actively playing Eve.
Follow my tweet (:

Fusion

Old School

9/30/12 11:33:56 AM#3

Quests are basic kill these, fetch these, deliver these, PVE-combat is click orbit, hit F1-F4 and go cook some potatoes.

I've heard alot of good things about EVE "endgame" corp stuff, pvp etc, but i just couldn't make it past 2 month mark... just way too boring and tedious in general to my flavour.

My pvp experiences were: trying to go exploring / mining = gatecamped and blown to bits (and this wasn't even 0.0)

and yes, i was in a corp that did pvp and stuff, i was just way too gimp to help out (you need to plan your skills like a month ahead if you want to be viable "quickly" )

Joining a corp is a must! unless you want to be a high-sec miner (which no-one should be :D)

Would help out a bit if you'd give a little bit of you MMO history, likes and dislikes.

Currently playing: ESO

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

NetSage

Advanced Member

9/30/12 2:25:51 PM#4

A better question would be what isnt' there to do.

You trade (buy low sell high), fufill contracts, offer a transport service, mine, PVE, explore, invent, create(crafting I guess), and basically whatever you can do in most other MMOs and more.

Ambros123

Novice Member

9/30/12 2:42:43 PM#5

Exciting PvE content?  No, maybe high end wormhole excursions where you need a corp for an operation to do it in.

EVE is a PvP driven and focused game.

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

9/30/12 2:50:23 PM#6

I like getting the pvp crowd huffing and puffing about having a pve only server?

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

9/30/12 2:53:52 PM#7

Oh i forgot if you work at foggy bottom applying to Goonswarm might be another hobby for now.

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

9/30/12 2:54:37 PM#8
Originally posted by Elsabolts

That is an awesome image, made me laugh :)

Edit: the first one

El Psy Congroo

Toland

Novice Member

Insanity is not an excuse, its a justification...

9/30/12 2:55:53 PM#9
Originally posted by Fusion

and yes, i was in a corp that did pvp and stuff, i was just way too gimp to help out (you need to plan your skills like a month ahead if you want to be viable "quickly" )

Yes it is good to plan out  yoru skills months ahead... but to say you're to gimp to PVP is udder bull and if your corp told you this, then they just don't know what they are talking about...

Straight out of the box new players can be helpful in like a day or 2 flat. Everybody needs tacklers. They are a must. and you can get a decent tackler frig in 2 days at most.

The best example of this would be the alliance named Goonswarm back when they just started... bunch of "noobs and gimps" a lot of straight out of the box characters in Frigates, and they took on the biggest powerhouse (Band of Brothers) in EVE at the time and eventually won. (There is way more to this story and very simple generalization of it all would take a book to tell you the whole thing)

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

9/30/12 2:56:46 PM#10
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by Elsabolts

That is an awesome image, made me laugh :)

Edit: the first one

I would have paid money to see the report filed and the Sgt. or Lt's face.

Fusion

Old School

9/30/12 6:15:03 PM#11
Originally posted by Toland

Yes it is good to plan out  yoru skills months ahead... but to say you're to gimp to PVP is udder bull and if your corp told you this, then they just don't know what they are talking about...

Straight out of the box new players can be helpful in like a day or 2 flat. Everybody needs tacklers. They are a must. and you can get a decent tackler frig in 2 days at most.

The best example of this would be the alliance named Goonswarm back when they just started... bunch of "noobs and gimps" a lot of straight out of the box characters in Frigates, and they took on the biggest powerhouse (Band of Brothers) in EVE at the time and eventually won. (There is way more to this story and very simple generalization of it all would take a book to tell you the whole thing)

Tackler frigs, so much fun...

My previous post still stands.

Giving potential players false hope is imo, sad.

Currently playing: ESO

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

9/30/12 9:48:11 PM#12

I pvp maybe once or twice a month...

I like mining, building stuff and selling it.

The pvp'ers can smash their toys against one another...I'll make new toys and sell them for proffit.

Sometimes I feel like fighing, most often I prefer not to. It's amazing how relaxing it can be to sit there listening to music and maneuvering your exhumer through the belt.

Myria

Advanced Member

10/01/12 6:43:36 AM#13

It has PVE content, but most of it is easily the worst you'll see in any MMO.

That's not even to knock Eve per se -- there are plenty of reasons to knock Eve, IMO, but this isn't one of them -- it's just that PvE not only isn't the game's focus, it's an afterthought at absolute best.

drtack1

Advanced Member

10/01/12 6:52:07 AM#14

There sure is alot more to do other then pvp. I hve been living in a class 4 wormhole for 6 1/2 months now just making money. I do occasionally have to fight off a few random players that happen to find the entrance to my worm hole every now and then. I have about 8 bill in my tengu right now and saving some moneys for a new ship for my alt. 

I love my worm hole! 

Kenze

Novice Member

OP  10/01/12 10:08:01 AM#15
Originally posted by drtack1

There sure is alot more to do other then pvp. I hve been living in a class 4 wormhole for 6 1/2 months now just making money. I do occasionally have to fight off a few random players that happen to find the entrance to my worm hole every now and then. I have about 8 bill in my tengu right now and saving some moneys for a new ship for my alt. 

I love my worm hole! 

what does 'livining in a class 4 wormhole" mean? what do you do there? how are you making money? what kind of things can/do you create that people buy?

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Phry

Elite Member

10/01/12 10:17:09 AM#16
Originally posted by Toland

Tackler frigs, so much fun...

My previous post still stands.

Giving potential players false hope is imo, sad.

so try a dps frig instead, and your previous post.. rubbish,  level 3 skills take at most a few hours to learn, and i've never been in a pvp corp yet that didnt rely on having a whole bunch of people in frigs to help tackle, scout, the one thing the game does need though, and which some find hard to accept because its in short supply, is intelligence, and imagination. those are your most limiting factors.

Trikke

Novice Member

"What we do in life echo''s in eternity"

10/01/12 10:22:36 AM#17
The only other thing to do in eve is scam other players. Eve is the must beautiful boring game I have ever played.
  Yalexy

Novice Member

10/01/12 10:24:34 AM#18

Originally posted by Kenze

Originally posted by drtack1

I love my worm hole! 

what does 'livining in a class 4 wormhole" mean? what do you do there? how are you making money? what kind of things can/do you create that people buy?

Living in a class 4 wormhole means, that you're living in a solar-system that is not listed on the map. People need to find these systems by exploriation and scanning them down.

In those systems you find valuable PvE-content, however you need to build your own infrastucture to make good use of it. You basically need to build yor own home-base in there, where you can craft some stuff that's needed.

The things you can create from doing the PvE-content in these wormholes are T3-parts/ships and these sell very well.

Be careful tho, as you can aswell be ganked in these wormholes and see your hard work being destroyed. However it's actually the most rewarding thing to do in EvE, when you're interested in PvE.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

10/01/12 10:42:10 AM#19

Here are a few links for you:

Mors.Magne

Apprentice Member

10/07/12 2:19:35 PM#20
...and when DUST 415 comes out there will be even more sand in the sandbox.
2 Pages 1 2 » Search