The Battleborn site has a new blog post that lays out lengthy plans for DLC, in both free and premium versions.
In the free DLC bracket, players can expect more heroes, three new PvP maps, broadcaster mode, in-game reporting, ongoing matchmaking tweaks, lore challenges, ongoing hero balancing, a new PvP mode, weekly hotfixes and patches.
For Premium content, players can expect all five DLC on the following release schedule:
- Pendles early access with hero key in mid-Summer
- Each DLC Story Operation release includes new, unlockable skins and taunts
- DLC 1 Story Operation “Attikus and the Thrall Rebellion” coming late Summer
- Heroes 28 – 30 early access, each with a hero key, coming mid-Summer through the Fall
- DLC 2 Story Operation around late Summer
- DLC 3 Story Operation coming early Fall
- DLC 4 Story Operation coming late Fall
- DLC 5 Story Operation coming this Winter
The first DLC Story Operation features Attikus and his twisted recount of the thrall rebellion he led to overthrow his Jennerit oppressors. Each DLC Story Operation is a highly-replayable scenario featuring one of Battleborn’s heroes. Each time you play through an Operation, the story, enemies, and objectives will change, increasing the difficulty but also the rewarded loot.
Along with each Story Operation comes new skins and taunts that can only be unlocked through playing the Operation. Each set will include skins and taunts for various characters and will not be available to purchase individually in the Marketplace.
Additionally, Season Pass holders will also get early access to heroes 26 through 30 with the use of a hero key. Each hero’s early access period will come with a hero key that can be used on the new hero, or any other locked Battleborn. Hero keys bypass challenge or credit requirements for unlocking heroes.
Read more details, including more about forthcoming Marketplace additions, on the Battleborn site.