Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,846,975 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,391
KRU Interactive | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/02/99)  | Pub:KRU Interactive
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Dark Ages Forum » General Discussion » The most unbalanced game ever

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  ambiorix

Novice Member

1/29/08 9:31:13 AM#21

If this game was alot more honest and if they made the effort to equalize the hunting capacity's of all path's and not make the wizards the only ones who can solo in the higher classes,then maybe alot of people would stay and play and pay for this game.If you look at the list of players and they're legend then you will see not much older players,only the ones who are in some guilds and have the time to hunt every day can join groups to hunt.All others can stand on the sideline being bored to death and wait in vain for a hunt.People who made an effort to become on the highest classes quit because no one will hunt with them and none of them are able to solo anything.Another major thing in this game is the word random used for rewards and drops on certain hunting grounds.Well it means that always the same people get lucky and others can hunt until they turn blue without ever getting anything. I know because i hunted canals more then 100 times and never got anything.The only reason i stay on the game is for the friends i made but then again i play another game so i can enjoy a little hunting time to time

Zer089

Apprentice Member

3/22/08 10:48:47 AM#22

I think the main problem darkages is having these days is a lack of new players.  Everyone on the game is a master.  New players cant get hunts because there's no one their level to hunt with.  And when an older player decides to make a new character, they simply leech them to 99 in a few days and master them in about a week or so.  By the time new players are getting to 71 they quit because they cant get hunts.  Also, the older players refuse to help newer players.  Maybe if like 50 people all started at once then it would help.. but for right now I see the amount of players on the game slowly decreasing.

And to all the people that wont try the game because of the 2d graphics, I suggest you give it a shot anyway.  I think the fact that its not 3d helps.  its alot less confusing when it comes to casting spells and stuff like that.

Elvendar

Advanced Member

4/04/08 4:34:40 PM#23

Originally posted by ambiorix

If this game was alot more honest and if they made the effort to equalize the hunting capacity's of all path's and not make the wizards the only ones who can solo in the higher classes,then maybe alot of people would stay and play and pay for this game.If you look at the list of players and they're legend then you will see not much older players,only the ones who are in some guilds and have the time to hunt every day can join groups to hunt.All others can stand on the sideline being bored to death and wait in vain for a hunt.People who made an effort to become on the highest classes quit because no one will hunt with them and none of them are able to solo anything.Another major thing in this game is the word random used for rewards and drops on certain hunting grounds.Well it means that always the same people get lucky and others can hunt until they turn blue without ever getting anything. I know because i hunted canals more then 100 times and never got anything.The only reason i stay on the game is for the friends i made but then again i play another game so i can enjoy a little hunting time to time

Gross exaggeration is evident in 90% of the posts in this thread.

Stormbow was an abusive player who often used his friends to achieve his own means;  But I won't even get into this. Simply put, just because someone comes here trolling the game, even if they have played it, does not mean anyone's experience is going to be the same.

Every class has the ability to solo (this coming from a person who has had a master of every class.) Figuring out how to use each class solo is a trial that not many pass. Simply put, only skilled, understanding players will be able to solo with their chosen class; Others will be left to hunt with groups.

Randomness in boss drops is only evident in endgame runs. If you've played WoW before, you can think of it as a raid environment; You're probably going to be running a while before you get that Sulfuron Hammer you want. But the boss runs are fun and require intuition, strategy, and timing. They also reward a decent experience bonus at the end, and along the way.

There's a reason canals boss bag drop rates are low: Canals has some of the best items in the game. Shinguards go for 220 million coins, the highest out of any item (excluding one of a kind items like the oak staff,) and is HIGHLY sought after despite costing almost 20 times more than your basic master item.

Justaguy2

Novice Member

4/08/08 8:04:00 AM#24

I dont like how bashers classes can not solo "effectively" without a priest or wizard. And prizards can solo all over the place, and get like 30-100 mil exp an hour.  

I gonna have to agree with zero, I'm basically a new player. I started several months ago (I made a warrior). I went up to level 1 to 70ish in 3 weeks. then all of a sudden the game got boring, not because  of the game. But the players, It seems that they all get "leeched" to 99 in two days and then master the next week. while im stuck here blowing snot bubbles in house macrabe or east woodlands. I basically solo'ed my way to 99 (except  for that one instance were  some  bard took me cr 30 and I  gained like 5  levels)  and I eventually mastered. It took me 4 months :(.

getting back on topic; im a freshly mastered warrior, and i was  thinking Im gonna get more hunts. Unfortunalty getting a hunt is very time consuming it takes me 4-6 hours to get a group going, or not finding one at all. becuase they're maxed gladiators and summoners taking the priests and wizards (rogues too) that I hunted with in my pre-master days. And the  sad thing about it Is  THEY IGNORE YOU, well not completely its just that they dont respond after they ask what class i am.   Here is  a typical response:

Me: Hi "insert name here" care for a hunt?

Priest: hi, where? and class?

Me: Master Warrior, cr 30 or mtg

i get no answer 20 mins later, or i get a no thanks. One wiest I use to hunt with with was blunt about it, he said that he rather  2 man mtg with a gladiator than with me. well atleast he was honest about it. One last hang-up I had with the classes is that, there is no versitility. You dont see  2 warriors hunting with a rogue. or a monk hunting with 2 wizards. Its either find a priest and wizard (or wiest/priz) or no hunt at all. I know that its a mmo but other mmo's I played had ALOT more variety with group hunting. soloing?? if your a warrior you will be soloing atleast 5-10 mil an hour (if your unmaxed that is). whats even worse is that people can duel log on other chars  they made and leech themselves, how am i supposed to find a hunt if people can exp leech them selves, especially if the population cap is limited.  yea im complaining about it. but this is really full of crap. you have to be uber to get a hunt, even freshly mastered casters will reject you. Yea they hunt with you one day, but tommorow they wont and will not hunt with you and ask if I have Paralyze Force, LAAAMMEE. oh and it has to be 2-3 man hunts, becuase people are so caught up in getting maxed stats faster or say that its a waste of time. To me 5-10 man hunts are alot of fun, but this rarely if ever happens.. thats all i got to say about this. some would say that i should befriend more people on here. I did and its one of the three extremes

A. they quit or dont hunt at all (Unregistered for some cases)

B. other warriors and monks that cant find hunts either

C. they ditched me after they reached level 80 -_-

here is my favorite comment from the guys that play this game. "QQ if you dont like it , leave."

fine, bye... its not like im playing it anyways. I cant find hunts!!

any opinions on this?? maybe i'm jumping the gun on this

Elvendar

Advanced Member

4/13/08 7:51:04 PM#25

Originally posted by Justaguy2

I dont like how bashers classes can not solo "effectively" without a priest or wizard. And prizards can solo all over the place, and get like 30-100 mil exp an hour.  

I gonna have to agree with zero, I'm basically a new player. I started several months ago (I made a warrior). I went up to level 1 to 70ish in 3 weeks. then all of a sudden the game got boring, not because  of the game. But the players, It seems that they all get "leeched" to 99 in two days and then master the next week. while im stuck here blowing snot bubbles in house macrabe or east woodlands. I basically solo'ed my way to 99 (except  for that one instance were  some  bard took me cr 30 and I  gained like 5  levels)  and I eventually mastered. It took me 4 months :(.

getting back on topic; im a freshly mastered warrior, and i was  thinking Im gonna get more hunts. Unfortunalty getting a hunt is very time consuming it takes me 4-6 hours to get a group going, or not finding one at all. becuase they're maxed gladiators and summoners taking the priests and wizards (rogues too) that I hunted with in my pre-master days. And the  sad thing about it Is  THEY IGNORE YOU, well not completely its just that they dont respond after they ask what class i am.   Here is  a typical response:

Me: Hi "insert name here" care for a hunt?

Priest: hi, where? and class?

Me: Master Warrior, cr 30 or mtg

i get no answer 20 mins later, or i get a no thanks. One wiest I use to hunt with with was blunt about it, he said that he rather  2 man mtg with a gladiator than with me. well atleast he was honest about it. One last hang-up I had with the classes is that, there is no versitility. You dont see  2 warriors hunting with a rogue. or a monk hunting with 2 wizards. Its either find a priest and wizard (or wiest/priz) or no hunt at all. I know that its a mmo but other mmo's I played had ALOT more variety with group hunting. soloing?? if your a warrior you will be soloing atleast 5-10 mil an hour (if your unmaxed that is). whats even worse is that people can duel log on other chars  they made and leech themselves, how am i supposed to find a hunt if people can exp leech them selves, especially if the population cap is limited.  yea im complaining about it. but this is really full of crap. you have to be uber to get a hunt, even freshly mastered casters will reject you. Yea they hunt with you one day, but tommorow they wont and will not hunt with you and ask if I have Paralyze Force, LAAAMMEE. oh and it has to be 2-3 man hunts, becuase people are so caught up in getting maxed stats faster or say that its a waste of time. To me 5-10 man hunts are alot of fun, but this rarely if ever happens.. thats all i got to say about this. some would say that i should befriend more people on here. I did and its one of the three extremes

A. they quit or dont hunt at all (Unregistered for some cases)

B. other warriors and monks that cant find hunts either

C. they ditched me after they reached level 80 -_-

here is my favorite comment from the guys that play this game. "QQ if you dont like it , leave."

fine, bye... its not like im playing it anyways. I cant find hunts!!

any opinions on this?? maybe i'm jumping the gun on this

A lot of players have this problem, especially warriors. This is because there's such a huge amount of warriors. Playing a priest you generally get flooded from whispers from every other class, you rarely need someone to offer you a hunt.

A good solution to this is finding a hunting guild. Finding hunts has always been hard, and ever since I started I was in guilds with maybe 8 active members tops, most of whom were political people and already had stable hunting partners or no experience hunting at all. I picked the wrong guilds for hunting!

Eventually I wound up forming my own guild to hunt and progress in the game in a stable fashion, trying to get everyone hooked up with hunting partners and good gear. So far we've got (in my opinion) some of the best players in the game ready to train more.

So, yeah, my only advice would be to find a good guild >_>

BurningTurtl

Novice Member

6/18/08 11:10:19 PM#26

How about a Monk? like a pure monk...back when I was playing not only did I dont get much hunts I also sucked, XP

It was quite a few years back, but I found a couple of ways to get good hunts though...

If you got some spare money, you can like help out some newb and get em to your lvl, time consuming, but it worked for me.  Cause back at my time, normally I can never find or have a decent hunt with my pure monk, he just kill stuff way to slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  I invested quite a bit on a few ppl, became awesome friends, helped my guy out nicely, and there I go.  Almost always able to get em to help me with hunts and eventually I can bash decently well =D But by that time I got bored and just decided to help ppl out instead cause it actually pretty fun.

Or you can always get a few friends irl or online to play with ya, I'm sure they'll be more helpful than random dudes.

But yeah, I agree with the other people, this game gets kind of boring after a while where you cant find ppl to hunt with or you get fed up with ppl thats better than you that keep on pissing you off, lol

Anyways, I dunno about now, but back when I did played, this game was pretty nice although its 2D it has something that other 3D games doesnt, like a community LOL and politics and all that stuff, a lot of the other 3D games I've played. You're most of the time solo-ing cause you can buy potions or can easily form a party with random warriors or a bashing priest, Haha

Last thing, regarding to the title, the most unbalance game ever? I guess I have to agree to a good degree.  A pure monk back in my days, without becoming a druid, was painful...You're usually weaker than any other master monks cause most of them are warrior/monk or soemthing like that, so they all those nice attacks while the only extra thing you get is whirlwind attack, which isnt strong and you take away your hp while...you're attacking 4 ways and most likely if you do that you'll die right after if you dun have dion on.  Which usually not all monks have it, at least not those that are supported by another account and friends that leeches them. 

Nice isnt it?  And further more, your master weapon is in the strongest master quest (at least to me), so you're basically stuck with weaker attacks, suicidal attack and weapon that have very lil differences between other master monks...for the majority of your time.  Isnt that great?

Well yeah, you might be thinking that subs vs pure, subs should be better since they got better skills right? But if you compare it with other pure classes, like warriors, monks get a crappy suicidal attack (which is retarded it attacks 4 ways, if it actually hit 4 sides, you should be telling yourself, why the hell did I do that? I'm already in deep shit yet I just blew away most my hp) while the pure warriors get some actually useful skills.

All this talking of the old times makes me wanna see how the game is now, Haha,

Faitu

Novice Member

8/06/08 10:09:58 PM#27

^Well, it is true. I used to have a Monk, and I wasn't exactly a priority in parties. And pure monks don't get many benefits as well. I was going to become one, but as I noticed, by talking to some of them, pure monks simply were not worth it. Actually monks were one of the toughest, if not the toughest (in the leveling sense) path in the game, simply because you can barely solo anything, it's pretty hard to find parties and you have (yes, I know you don't actually have to do it, but it is almost an obligation for any monk) to find lower-leveled monks to teach dugons. Most monks sub to Rogue or Warrior paths, which are the ones from which you can get the most benefits. I do think that they should redesign the subbing/mastering system in a way to balance the classes, and giving more benefits to non-popular paths.

Well, trust me, you won't want to see how the game is like now. Like they said, 80% of the population is made of Masters. New players have a pretty hard time finding parties and actually socializing at all. To make it worse, you don't really need a tutor to choose a class anymore, so this widens the void between new players and veterans. Not to mention that roleplaying now is scarce, most people are playing this game simply for the action of hacking/slashing, it's simply losing its roleplaying essence and the inheritance left by David Ethan Kennerly.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search