Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,016 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,526
Fallen Earth | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 09/22/09)  | Pub:GamersFirst
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:MOut of date info? Let us know!

Fallen Earth Forum » Fallen Earth » This game is a hidden gem

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Karteli

Apprentice Member

12/07/12 2:53:11 PM#21
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Originally posted by Karteli

Fallen Earth was a fun game to try when it first went F2P.  Changes went in later though (way after the transition to F2P date) to make the F2P'ers life sort of miserable unless they subscribed.

It's generally a decent game.  It's not entirely sandbox, and open-ended, and I got really frustrated at some of the themepark quests during the lowbie / midbie stages.  The quests were not explained well and / or they were broken.  I tried on multiple days to get this one part done, and when I couldn't, I uninstalled the game.

The sandbox part was very cool, but adding themepark stuff that is broken didn't bode well for Fallen Earth.  At least from my perspective.

It doesn't sound like they restrict f2p though, just add incentive to pay them money.  I don't mind extra grind or being able to buy account or character unlocks.  I just don't like when the only option to unlock something is by subscribing.  I also don't like ffa pvp anymore.  I really want to play a post-apocolyptic type of game, but just don't want ffa pvp anymore.

I'm with you on that one about the slower pace of F2P.  I don't mind that at all (as long as a game doesn't feel like a grind, which FA didn't feel like).  The game was kinda good, now that I think about it.  It was very challenging.

The mechanics of mounts were very cool .. ie you did not pop mounts in and out like WoW .. if you dismount, you have to go back to where you dismounted if you want your mount back.  Death was also interesting, because your mount would be out grazing where you died and you had to reclaim 'em.  And then there was the case where you could actually severely wound your mount, which would require medical attention.

Ahh maybe I'll try it again.  In light of all the crappy MMORPG's that released, the older ones are looking a little better :-)

The themepark stuff kinda blew though :(

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

12/07/12 3:14:08 PM#22
Thanks for the feedback on pvp.  That makes a difference to me.  And thanks for the stuff about mounts and death.  That's very interesting.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

kadepsyson

Advanced Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

12/07/12 3:31:32 PM#23
Originally posted by Torvaldr
Thanks for the feedback on pvp.  That makes a difference to me.  And thanks for the stuff about mounts and death.  That's very interesting.

Is there any difference between gaining an advantage, and winning?

Specifically, can a person with an advantage lose?

I'm very interested in your response.

El Psy Congroo

jayndsun

Apprentice Member

12/20/12 2:24:39 PM#24

very different MMO.. I can see where people say its an AP farm, but aren't ALL MMOS a farm to hit X-level or Y skill?

I've only just started lvl 7, crafting is neat, exploration is fun.. reminds me of Fall Out 3 MMO. I can wait to be able to craft my own stuff.. combat is typical mmo, nothing really new.. except for aim.

Allacore69

Advanced Member

12/20/12 2:26:51 PM#25

OMG! I tried this game because i like games like Fallout 3, etc. But this game was awful. Controls were awful and just everything about this game. Don't even waste your time with this crappy title.

Spiider

Advanced Member

12/20/12 2:27:32 PM#26
Add player owned territory that you can expand and build on without restrictions and give us freedom to wage wars and play politics . Current end game is not good. Else this game had so much potential and gave me hours of fun.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Darhamm

Novice Member

12/28/12 6:22:18 PM#27

With the latest patch they added farms, spawnable in the open world. They're trying to wrap their heads around making housing and permanent farms, but so far it doesn't look like they got it good enough to even announce or give an ETA.

I resubbed today after playing the last 2 days f2p. Oh, FE. You've changed so much and now I'm TOTALLY lost on how to build my character :3

User Deleted
1/07/13 10:29:02 PM#28
Originally posted by Allacore69

OMG! I tried this game because i like games like Fallout 3, etc. But this game was awful. Controls were awful and just everything about this game. Don't even waste your time with this crappy title.

Yeah this game always had sub par combat mechanics, controls and actions were always clunky and unpleasant.

The game had a lot of good things going for it, but, never really got far with developing what it did well.  Saw the game as too much of an unstructured quest hub game with just way too many early mission chains for AP that were...well long and tedious and some you didnt get AP for...was a mess trying to keep track of what ive done and which ones i need to do.

Also wasnt a fan of the factions and magic system...which just seemed like a completely out of place system in the game, again with the lack of focusing on what the game does well.

Top if all off, im not a fan of gamers first, i remember them before they changed their name from K2 networks as being a horrid f2p company.  Not sure how theyve turned around since their name change, but dont trust them. 

aRtFuLThinG

Advanced Member

1/07/13 10:43:50 PM#29

Gamerfirst is a greedy as shit company but one thing that they are not with their newer games is definitely not P2W. Both APB and FE has been pretty balanced in that respect.The don't really sell anything that you couldn't get through grind and the things that you can only get with cash are not even upgrades (sidegrades, some are not even sidegrades they are actually inferior to free-to-grind stuff just with a prettier skin).

FE especially is probably one of the game that Gamerfirst is not very paying to buy much on compare to their other games. You buy a few xp boosts and things and that's about it. It is probably one of the better implemented cash shop system imo of a myriad of f2p cash shop games out there.

ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

1/07/13 10:56:14 PM#30
I love the idea of Fallen Earth but the combat is so not up to par. It needs a lot of work.
  keitholi

Apprentice Member

2/07/13 1:01:18 PM#31
So with the latest changes, can you bank and trade with other players now on a F2P account?
  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

2/07/13 1:20:50 PM#32
Originally posted by kadepsyson

Is there any difference between gaining an advantage, and winning?

Specifically, can a person with an advantage lose?

I'm very interested in your response.

Your question seems to hinge on the assumption that the players are in a competition. A lot of the "pay to win" comments are based on that assumption. For me, when I bought my +1 Bow in DDO, competition wasn't part of the equation. I'm not playing against others, I am playing with them.

If you want to think of it in terms of win and loss, then my answer is that when a player gains an advantage in a PVE game, his team/union, guild, clan, party, group, etc wins.  I state PvE specifically, because that's the other part that gets left out when people argue this "pay to win" thing. In PvE, if you're competing with the others around you, you're probably doing it wrong.

I'm curious what the overlap is between posters that are anti-"pay to win" who are constantly measuring themselves against everyone around them and the people that wonder why there's no community in today's games.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

mbd1968

Elite Member

2/19/13 8:50:21 AM#33
I played FE at release for a couple of months and got into S2, can't remember the exact level. Having recently returned I noted, as other have pointed out, that movement and combat is still clunky - I'm guessing it's somthing to do with Ikarus's engine mechanics but as I am not a programmer I am probably wrong. The things they got right were, imo, the skill/stat system and the crafting/gathering. As it's F2P I can playit until I get too frustrated with the combat then quit fro a while but hopefully it will tide me over until the Repopulation launches.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search