|2 posts found|
OP 2/17/11 12:38:13 PM#1
My main characters are on Catskills, but I have others all over. I am actually impressed with the improvements that they have done. This was the grandaddy of all MMORPG's. I played from Oct 1997 until around 2002 and resubbed a couple of times up until around 2005. I was never a PK, but I was a PK hunter. This game had it's problems but most games do. I am going to give it a month and see how things go. I walked around last night and today and actually had a good time. I will have to get used to the new interface. Here are my questions:
1. What is the approximate population of the servers?
2. If the population is so small, why are there so many houses still?
3. Are there any spots for houses?
4. I have a mage, a bard, and a warrior. What is the best class to be these days?
5. Is it worth it to buy vendors now a days?
2/18/11 10:21:57 AM#2
1) Atlantic is the fullest shard. An approximate guess of Catskills hmmm.
A full shard, if you assume every account has a house, has about 7000 accounts.
Catskills is not full so let us be generous and say it has 5000 accounts.
2) EA's coding sucks and not all houses do not decay as they should. The first 2 return to Britain placed houses do not decay and do not seem to be in the database so the developers can code them to decay.
Short - EA sucks
3) Make a trial character and look around, but I think even on the fullest shard you will find housing spots. Not for big houses but there will be spots open.
4) Depends on the items you have. Have none, then the bard is best, then mage and warrior is the most item dependent character. And no one really plays a bard as a good equipped warrior rocks.
5) Buy vendors? Buy from vendors or try to sell things? If you got millions then buy from vendors. If you return to play then opening a vendor will be interesting as you intend to compete with people who have stocked goods probably in the billions.
Still if you intend to unattaended macro mining (if you intend to mine attended cuddos as it is boring as hell), everything you mine will be bought. EA fucked up mining ore and lumberjacking so bad, no sane player really wants to do it.