Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | EverQuest Next | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,821 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,242,083
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Britannia Tavern (General) » Talk of Ultima Online 2 here

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Lester_Creech

Apprentice Member

Feliz seria que hora

6/18/11 6:02:14 PM#21

i love many of the features MO tries to implement.  the biggest difference between UO and MO, in terms of hardcore pvp and playability, if that initial character creation in MO is not intuitive or user friendly.  i see what they were going for, but i was turned off by not really having an idea what my traits and skills meant, nor my race choice.   if a game requires template building to be successful, fine, give me a readily accessable system to start intentionally using from the start. i dont want to waste my time building a gimp because i thought it made a cool back story, when any seasoned player will have already remade his toon with min/max foreknowledge, and thus eat me for lunch until i do the same.

in UO, it was acknowledged to be a competitive pvp game, so even new players at least knew what they were aiming for. id love to see a UO2 take some of MO example, but ultamately keep the same focus on player ability, as opposed to character history.

Stellos

Novice Member

If you're going to stick it out there, don't be afraid if you get it cut off.

7/19/11 9:04:09 PM#22

I'd love to see that, but I think the window of opportunity has come and gone.  Garriot needs to do something though to redeem his name after his last failure.

Ezen_Surreal

Advanced Member

Just having fun. I'm a hardcore gamer

7/28/11 4:32:11 AM#23
Originally posted by Stellos

I'd love to see that, but I think the window of opportunity has come and gone.  Garriot needs to do something though to redeem his name after his last failure.

E.A. CEO, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND MAKE UO FREE TO PLAY. THEN START PRODUCTION ON UO2!!! There I feel better, had to screem it!

Sometimes its good to think deep. Some times it good just to play games.

Requiamer

Novice Member

7/28/11 4:42:17 AM#24
Originally posted by Loke666

Maybe, if they did it well. But I am not impressed by the little art.

And Ultime really need Garriot, he made every game so far (and not just UO, I started play Ultima IV on Amiga). Sure he messed up TR but nobody is perfect.

R.G is working on an other project, and i think it is far more interesting that any possible UO2, especially knowing EA, an Uo2 will have nothing but the name from the original design. Also R.G said he will implement all the richness in role playing ulitima online had and even more in his new project. I don't recall the name of his new project, Britania something, and it will be browser mmo i think.

A 2sec search gave me that, feel free to find more

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/96515

vaultbrain

Novice Member

8/16/11 2:44:05 AM#25
Originally posted by Requiamer

And Ultime really need Garriot, he made every game so far (and not just UO, I started play Ultima IV on Amiga). Sure he messed up TR but nobody is perfect.

R.G is working on an other project, and i think it is far more interesting that any possible UO2, especially knowing EA, an Uo2 will have nothing but the name from the original design. Also R.G said he will implement all the richness in role playing ulitima online had and even more in his new project. I don't recall the name of his new project, Britania something, and it will be browser mmo i think.

Bull, Garriott's next project is going to be a freaking social game. Bascially, he wants to combine all of the Zenga "Ville" games together into one horrid monstrosity that is going to suck more donkey balls than Matthew McConnahey (or however it is you spell that shirtless douchbag's last name)

User Deleted
8/27/11 7:20:12 PM#26

Darkfall is a good "UO2"...

Biggus99

Apprentice Member

8/27/11 7:33:09 PM#27
Originally posted by Requiamer

I stopped reading at "Browser MMO."

2 Pages « 1 2 Search