Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,870 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,869
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Britannia Tavern (General) » UO Gamers: Revelation is Upon Us

3 posts found
  ZigZags

Novice Member

OP  10/12/10 8:07:08 PM#1

http://www.uodivinity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26230

THE NEW SHARD RELEASES TONIGHT!!!!! Almost 200 people in the IRC chan just chomping at the bit to start up.

Also check out Uorevelation.com

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

mercilus

Novice Member

10/21/10 3:33:41 PM#2

Those lucky enough to read this and give it a try will finally get to experience what a true MMORPG Should be like.  Classic UO experience in a brand new world for us old schoolers.

Screw WoW - it pales in comparison and complexity.   Everquest ruined the genre for everyone and spawned WOW as a sick bastard child.

Those of us lucky enough to be MMOers in the 90s I doubt can even stand to play WoW in its simple minded bore.

joeyboots

Novice Member

“The creative mind plays with the object it loves”
*Carl Jung

10/26/10 2:16:16 PM#3
Originally posted by mercilus

Those lucky enough to read this and give it a try will finally get to experience what a true MMORPG Should be like.  Classic UO experience in a brand new world for us old schoolers.

Screw WoW - it pales in comparison and complexity.   Everquest ruined the genre for everyone and spawned WOW as a sick bastard child.

Those of us lucky enough to be MMOers in the 90s I doubt can even stand to play WoW in its simple minded bore.

I myself was spoiled by UO. I am always looking for complexity and freedom in my mmos, and the only two games that I have found over the years that are in a similar vein are Eve Online and Darkfall. I second the notion that WOW is just a refined EQ.