Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,678 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,200
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Game Suggestions » The Perfect Fix for UO

17 posts found
  vaultbrain

Novice Member

OP  6/15/10 6:30:47 PM#1

Its simple....

MAKE CLASSIC SERVERS!!!

I mean, come on, people have only been asking for them since Reniassance. It only stands to logic that to get people to want to play the game, you'd have to give them what they want.

Of course, this is EA we are dealing with. Having them do something right is like making the tide stop turning. Because, lets face it, EA developers are the biggest retards on the face of the planet. No, dont make classic servers, dont give people what they want, thats the way to make the game succeed! Keep trying to copy WoW and EQ like every other game company does.

Morons....

GTwander

Novice Member

LARPer Hunter

6/15/10 6:34:47 PM#2

No.

I hate to bring it up, but the whole trammel thing is BS. The only people offended were PKers that knew most people would PvE in safety and it ruined their good-time-fun while improving the others' vastly. Over time the game just lost subs to Everquest and other last-gen games that were all the rage. Same thing happens now.

What UO can do to get people to return is lower the price of the subscription. Last I checked it was around 7-10$, which is crazy for a game that old. I don't suggest trying to pull a runescape-style freemium model unless it removed the oiption to place housing, but it could work too. At least people would be playing.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

faided

Advanced Member

6/15/10 6:37:47 PM#3

Sorry to burst your bubble and all those other  uninformed people, I would say misinformed, except you have no clue what you are talking about.  I do, I am a Game Designer, and its not the developers fault there is no Classic shard, its the MARKETING DEPARTMENT.  They decide what games are made, and what features they have.  If the EA marketing department doesn't say the market wants a classic shard and EA will make money from it, then you won't be seeing one.  Plain and simple.

Greenism129

Apprentice Member

7/08/10 9:30:09 PM#4

If you think bringing back a Classic UO server in 2010 is going to bring back the UO of 99' you’re fooling yourself.

TooLegit

Apprentice Member

8/12/12 1:48:03 PM#5

I personally would reinstall UO and pay a monthly subscrption again if they had even one US classic server which allowed for all five character slots to be used.  I think it's a great idea and one that isn't all that time consuming or costly to try out and see if it takes off.  I know I am one of many that would come back to see if this idea would work in at least bringing back a fragment of what used to be the best gaming experience many have ever had from an MMO.

Grumium

Novice Member

9/12/12 1:17:44 AM#6

[Quote]

No.

I hate to bring it up, but the whole trammel thing is BS. The only people offended were PKers that knew most people would PvE in safety and it ruined their good-time-fun while improving the others' vastly. Over time the game just lost subs to Everquest and other last-gen games that were all the rage. Same thing happens now. [Quote]

I never had a pk character, but when they made Trammel the game died for me. So to me the whole Trammel thing was not BS. It ruined the game for me, and alot of other people. I started playing the game about 2 months after it came out. I can tell you right now if they made a Classic shard I would think about subbing again. I have not played an mmo for about 8 months now. UO has always been, and will stay the best  MMO ever until the introduction of Trammel. I have never played an MMO that has come close, and I have played alot of MMO's. No other MMO has brought the fun factor that UO gave me while I played it.

Fighting the Pk's on the Chessy shard brings back alot of good memories for me. Also, just going to dungeons with friends, and knowing we may be fighting a pk at any time was alot of fun. Having your recall ruin ready in your backpack instead of getting pked was also an option. I rarely ever got pked. It happened, but it caused you to learn from your mistakes. If you had to use the bathroom while in a dungeon you would mark a ruin and recall to the bank etc. The game just taught you to be a better player when pk's were included with you. There were actually some very good roleplaying pk's on Chessy. Most of the funny, and best memories I have of the game included pk's. Me killing them, or something funny happening because you could attack other players.

Rolero

Novice Member

11/23/12 4:23:48 PM#7

back to siege perilous. 

siege perilous is like a classic official server

Cheers

rolero Xfire Miniprofile
  Adam1902

Novice Member

11/23/12 4:33:33 PM#8
Originally posted by Rolero

back to siege perilous. 

Cheers

Might actually make a new account and have a go on there! Man it's been years...

They won't make fully-classic shards however I don't think.

If EA make a classic shard, and it gets more of a population than the "normal" shards - It will basically be proof that all the development EA have done on UO has been fucking pointless, and make them look like shit.

They won't do it purely because of this

_________
Currently in casual mode!
Playing: Path of Exile, Tribal Wars

Watching: Albion Online

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

Rolero

Novice Member

11/24/12 8:36:35 AM#9
Originally posted by Adam1902
Originally posted by Rolero

back to siege perilous. 

Cheers

Might actually make a new account and have a go on there! Man it's been years...

They won't make fully-classic shards however I don't think.

If EA make a classic shard, and it gets more of a population than the "normal" shards - It will basically be proof that all the development EA have done on UO has been fucking pointless, and make them look like shit.

They won't do it purely because of this

classic shards are not necessarily most populous. siege perilous is a old shard (just after PRE-AOS) and keep old style basic rules, without existence of Tramel and not insured, only felucca and pvp unlimited, and still has very low population becouse ppl don't like sandbox style, like mortal online (big sandbox but low population) 

I'm playing siege, not many people in this shard but I like the sandbox style and especially the king, UO

if you want info about shard visit this

http://www.uoguide.com/Siege_Perilous

Cheers

rolero Xfire Miniprofile
  cvette

Novice Member

12/18/12 4:25:00 PM#10

Just found this thread, I agree 100%, i would definatly pay a monthly fee for a pre Lord Black revenge (whaterver it was) server. I tried a great server called uosecondage, but it allowed macroing and didnt enjoy that. I realize people will still macro, but at least they could be reported.

Great thread

Ice-Queen

Apprentice Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

12/18/12 4:27:36 PM#11
If pvp were more fun for people, there'd be a lot more people on Felucca side instead of Trammel. I don't see how forcing everyone to play pre-trammel would help bring people back to UO.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Johnie-Marz

Novice Member

12/18/12 5:11:34 PM#12
Because of it's top down style, I wonder if UO would be a good candidate to be a tablet MMO. It would give them a valid reason to update the graphics. 
  aries623

Apprentice Member

12/29/12 3:50:16 PM#13
As much as most vets would like to see classic servers, and none of the crap they added in the past few years. I would have to say that I would rather see them redo UO in 3D, or make UO 2.
  Slampig

Advanced Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

12/29/12 4:01:37 PM#14
Originally posted by GTwander

No.

I hate to bring it up, but the whole trammel thing is BS. The only people offended were PKers that knew most people would PvE in safety and it ruined their good-time-fun while improving the others' vastly. Over time the game just lost subs to Everquest and other last-gen games that were all the rage. Same thing happens now.

What UO can do to get people to return is lower the price of the subscription. Last I checked it was around 7-10$, which is crazy for a game that old. I don't suggest trying to pull a runescape-style freemium model unless it removed the oiption to place housing, but it could work too. At least people would be playing.

I could not agree more.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

pwain

Novice Member

12/29/12 4:05:56 PM#15
classic server did not saved daoc, it want save UO
  cura

Apprentice Member

12/29/12 4:15:53 PM#16
Originally posted by Slampig

No.

I could not agree more.

Puhlease. Im not PK but love to deal with them. I think instead of making old rules server they should remade the game and make it fresh so new and old players have even ground.

EDIT: Age Of Wushu have full pvp system if OP is interesting in it but it is severly lacking in PVE and exploration department. After about a week of playing i feel like its unfortunately almost non existant there.

Slappy1

Novice Member

12/29/12 4:20:10 PM#17
Originally posted by Slampig

No.

I could not agree more.

Agree with both above.

If you want to play classic UO the Siege Perilous server is there.Most people consider classic as being pre Trammel.At the point Trammel was created the game went from pvp/pk to having a pve alternative.From what I witnessed at the time,more people went the pve route and avoided Felucia.I think a lot of people feel that pre tram was the best,but it really shows that the majority don't want to deal with pvp.

Every game I've played that has pvp only has basically faded off.People say they want pvp only servers,yet when the game goes live the pvp only servers are the one's less populated.The highest pop games in the NA/EU regions are pve or pvp games that also have pve servers.

Competition was UO's downfall,not Trammel.Just look at what EQ,FF11 and Daoc offered,plus the market for mmo's was more consolidated at the time.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark