Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,782,784 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,219
Broadsword Online Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/97)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:$09.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Ultima Online Forum » Britannia Tavern (General) » I really want to get into this game but...

5 posts found
  WizGamer

Apprentice Member

OP  8/16/09 6:59:13 PM#1

I love 2d isometric games with a passion. Ever since I played Diablo, they have always impressed me with the capability of gameplay that goes beyond graphics. I really want an isometric sandbox game (skill-based progression) with deep gameplay and a blend of modern and old features (better chat, world chat, etc).

I have tried Ultima Online many times but hate how alone i feel in the world. No one talks and usually they move too fast across the screen in the first place. I just think they could have so many more players if they modernized some of the features such as having a functional chat interface with tabs or different channels.

idk just my two cents.

Draco91

Novice Member

8/16/09 7:02:37 PM#2

The only reason I haven't tried this game yet is because I'm afraid I'd be mostly alone. If it had a bigger population, I would so be a part of it.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]" (Wikipedia.org, 8-24-09)

The best way to deal with trolls:
http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/ [IGNORE THEM, THEY JUST WANT ATTENTION!]

toddze

Apprentice Member

I am not a hater, I call it like I see it.

8/16/09 7:06:41 PM#3

I seriously have no idea why they have not done an ultima online 2. There is a strong enough following that they could make a nice profit if they just modernized it, with 2010 graphics, with a new world but same basic concepts.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
Now Playing: N/A
Worst MMO: FFXIV
Favorite MMO: FFXI

TheHavok

Advanced Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

8/16/09 7:09:12 PM#4

There has been three attempts, maybe more, to make an Ultima Online sequel.  They all get shot down.

AureliusLH

Novice Member

9/03/09 6:17:47 PM#5
Originally posted by Draco91

The only reason I haven't tried this game yet is because I'm afraid I'd be mostly alone. If it had a bigger population, I would so be a part of it.

Have a look round some of the server-specific forums out there (I'd suggest Stratics as a good start), and post in one of the forums that's fairly active and likely to have a reasonable connection speed to your physical location and fits your timezone. I can pretty much guarantee you'll be welcomed, a bunch of people will be more than happy to meet you in-game, help you get started and get you involved in their activities.

The only warnings I'd give - it's a hard game to learn from scratch, although it's well worth the effort it can be intimidating at first - but a bunch of other players will help get past those problems. Customer support from EA is woefully poor, so if you run into issues your best bet, again, is to ask other players.

Since currently there's 14 days free play, allowing you to try out most aspects of the game and see if it's for you, give it a try!